WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

McDonalds Quarter Pounder

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
They're cooking them a little differently as in searing both sides. Taste pretty good to me. Anyone else tried them lately?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
They're cooking them a little differently as in searing both sides. Taste pretty good to me. Anyone else tried them lately?

I had a Quarter Pounder Deluxe earlier this week and it was delicious! About 2 hours later I felt like crap....not RiverDave explosive diarrhea bad but bad none the less. That's probably why I eat fast food maybe once every 3 months.

Joker

Reaction score
We had McNuggets about 4 months ago and now I know why we stopped eating there. The fries are great, but everything else has a way of catching up to you.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We only eat McDonalds when we are traveling and need something quick.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
I had a Quarter Pounder Deluxe earlier this week and it was delicious! About 2 hours later I felt like crap....not RiverDave explosive diarrhea bad but bad none the less. That's probably why I eat fast food maybe once every 3 months.

That's what that stuff will do to you when your body is not used to fast food. Either eat it every few weeks or never ever

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Royal with cheese.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443837634.188473.jpg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I was addicted to those things when they still had a grill and cooked them fresh.
Just can't get a hold of the pre-cooked version.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
If you were blindfolded you wouldn't be able to tell what you're eating at that place. It all taste the same.

That's the beauty for them...99 cent burger or $4.99 burger is the same....just one is more profitable...

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
If you were blindfolded you wouldn't be able to tell what you're eating at that place. It all taste the same.

Now for me that's Taco Bell. It all tastes the same. Grew up in Downey CA. We had the first Taco Bell and one of the first Mc Donald's. Both were OK and cheap. Never got sick at either of them.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Mc donalds cheese burger, the best driving food there is. If you drop it, or need to throw it down, when you pick it up it's exactly the same as when you let go of it.

That is so true. I usually get the 2 cheeseburger meal if I go there. Usually on trips home from the river.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Mc donalds cheese burger, the best driving food there is. If you drop it, or need to throw it down, when you pick it up it's exactly the same as when you let go of it.

...Well there you go... The most apt description of a McDonald's cheeseburger I have ever heard...Had a deal going at CBS Studio Center sometime ago...There were a bunch of us...this would've been late 70s early 80s...we would call the McDonald's across the street on Ventura Blvd and order 30 to 40 cheeseburgers...Used to drive them nuts but they would do it,...sometimes fries, sometimes not...

yz450mm

Reaction score
McDonald's fries used to be way better, after they cut back on the salt I'm not a fan. A Quarter Pounder with Cheese used to be a great hangover cure, but now that the grease has disappeared, it just makes you feel like shit an hour or two later.

As for fast food in general, the Barstow Del Taco is always the gold standard.

Jimmy

Reaction score
I'm a KFC man myself. But McDonald's would have the best deserts.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Yep, I usually skip the fries because I don't like the oil on everything, but two cheeseburgers is my go to road food. Just about the only time I eat there.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Havn't ate anything but the fries from there in over 20 years. Shit is nasty!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

McD's = floorboard food :thumbup:

You know it's bad when the shit on the bottom of your shoe makes the burger taste better LOL

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Yep, I usually skip the fries because I don't like the oil on everything, but two cheeseburgers is my go to road food. Just about the only time I eat there.

On their meal deals they will sub apple slices for fries if you ask...

<<< #2 please, apple slices, no fries for my river trips.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
On their meal deals they will sub apple slices for fries if you ask...

<<< #2 please, apple slices, no fries for my river trips.

If you're going to do that, why even go there? Their food isn't really fit to put in your body anyway.

More2LifeThanMPG

Reaction score
Can't stand McD's but it's hard to pass up the #2 and 20 nuggets for under $10. Road trip food! Plus it makes you drive a little quicker, due to the ticking time bomb.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Fries is their best menu item. period.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Fries is their best menu item. period.
Don't eat much Maccas but when l do l like the Crispy Chicken wraps, with lettuce, tomatto and sweet chilli/Mayo sauce.:thumbup: