WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Immigration is high on the list in new Republicans Poll.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
TRUMP STAYS ON TOP OF GOP FIELD IN PEW POLL

Read more at The Hill
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is maintaining his lead in the GOP race, according to a poll released by the Pew Research Center on Friday.
The real estate mogul garners 25 percent of the GOP vote, followed by retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson with 16 percent support.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina are tied for third place with 8 percent. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) follows with 6 percent, then former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush with 4 percent.
The poll attributes Trump?s popularity to his stance on immigration.

Among respondents who said they prefer a candidate a plan to deport illegal immigrants in the country, 34 percent support Trump. Carson is second in this group with 16 percent. Among those who dislike candidates with such a stance, only 13 percent support Trump ? second-most in the field, after Carson's 17 percent.

Other measurements in the poll reflect this divide in the Republican Party over the issue of immigration. Eighty-four percent of those who favor mass deportation say immigration is the most important issue in the 2016 election, while only 44 percent of respondents who do not favor deportation say immigration is their top priority. The poll also highlights voters? well-documented preference for an ?outsider? candidate.

Sixty-six percent of GOP voters say they are more likely to vote for a candidate who brings new ideas and different approaches to Washington, compared to 29 percent who say experience and a proven record in government are more important to them.

The poll was conducted in an open-ended format, in which respondents were asked to name their preferred candidate, rather than choose one from a list. The survey questioned 421 Republicans in telephone calls from Sept. 22-27 and has a margin of error of 5.5 percent.

This seems to be the general thinking of the majority of inmates here.

530RL

Reaction score
TRUMP STAYS ON TOP OF GOP FIELD IN PEW POLL

Other measurements in the poll reflect this divide in the Republican Party over the issue of immigration. Eighty-four percent of those who favor mass deportation say immigration is the most important issue in the 2016 election, while only 44 percent of respondents who do not favor deportation say immigration is their top priority. The poll also highlights voters? well-documented preference for an ?outsider? candidate.

Many of the regulars here have stated they do not believe in polling or the results of polling but this is none the less interesting.

What the poll did not ask, or does not state is what percentage of the polled people believe in mass deportations?

It does state that if one believes in mass deportation, 84% of those believe immigration is the most important issue and it states that if one does not believe in mass deportation, only 44% say deportation is the most important issue but it does not state what percentage of the total polling population each block represents.

The bottom line for me is unfortunately that the results of this poll is good for the D's as it reinforces how divided the R party is.

I would still love to hear a physical plan on how one mass deports the 12 million illegals the government refers to or the 30 million illegals that AZGEO and REGOR believe that exist, and more importantly, what taxes one raises to deport 30 million people?

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Many of the regulars here have stated they do not believe in polling or the results of polling but this is none the less interesting.

What the poll did not ask, or does not state is what percentage of the polled people believe in mass deportations?

It does state that if one believes in mass deportation, 84% of those believe immigration is the most important issue and it states that if one does not believe in mass deportation, only 44% say deportation is the most important issue but it does not state what percentage of the total polling population each block represents.

The bottom line for me is unfortunately that the results of this poll is good for the D's as it reinforces how divided the R party is.

I would still love to hear a physical plan on how one mass deports the 12 million illegals the government refers to or the 30 million illegals that AZGEO and REGOR believe that exist, and more importantly, what taxes one raises to deport 30 million people?

Please tell me why the gov can't remove the illegals. I would rather our gov dedicate money and resources to removing illegals/overstays rather then my tax dollars going to supporting them and their children through welfare, foodstamps, gov subsidized housing, healthcare and school. Spending the money on removal may seem expensive at first glance, but is a drop in the bucket when compared to the cost of multi generation gov handouts

The reality is that if they are cut off the gov teet, many will self deport. Then whatever is left can be scooped up by BP/ICE/HSI and returned to their country of origin.

530RL

Reaction score
Please tell me why the gov can't remove the illegals. I would rather our gov dedicate money and resources to removing illegals/overstays rather then my tax dollars going to supporting them and their children through welfare, foodstamps, gov subsidized housing, healthcare and school. Spending the money on removal may seem expensive at first glance, but is a drop in the bucket when compared to the cost of multi generation gov handouts

The reality is that if they are cut off the gov teet, many will self deport. Then whatever is left can be scooped up by BP/ICE/HSI and returned to their country of origin.

I guess because I have less faith than you in the ability of the government to both pass the laws necessary to do as you suggest and then to actually execute the "scoop" as you suggest.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
The laws already exist, immgration law is very specific and easy to understand. All that is needed are politicians with the backbone to actually enforce the laws instead of backdoor deals and placing "leaders" of law enforcement that will blindly agree and issue agency directives and policy that basically put the cuffs on LE instead of criminals.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I by no means and saying it will be a simple operation, or a rapid process. But we have to start somewhere for god sakes. Until we can get United States Citizens off the dole, we certainly dont need to be importing more unemployment statistics.

The US desprately needs to return to its roots of a producer nation, rathern than a consumer nation.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
I by no means and saying it will be a simple operation, or a rapid process. But we have to start somewhere for god sakes. Until we can get United States Citizens off the dole, we certainly dont need to be importing more unemployment statistics.

The US desprately needs to return to its roots of a producer nation, rathern than a consumer nation.

We have the same burning questions here in Australia, that's why we have enacted Border Force with turn back the boats legislation. We have gone from having Illegals turning up in boats virtually everyday (thousands) with many losing their lives thanks to the ex Labor Government's slack border protection laws (Australia's version of Democrats) to the Liberals (Australia's version of Republications) who stopped the boats by turning them around to head home (barring of course if the ship was sinking).
Don't get me wrong, Australia opens their arms for all LEGAL Immigrates who want to start a new life.:)

530RL

Reaction score
The laws already exist, immgration law is very specific and easy to understand. All that is needed are politicians with the backbone to actually enforce the laws instead of backdoor deals and placing "leaders" of law enforcement that will blindly agree and issue agency directives and policy that basically put the cuffs on LE instead of criminals.

Yes hundreds if not thousands of laws exist that limit immigration but at the same time hundred if not thousands of laws limit the ability to achieve what you suggested in your post 3.

This topic could be a totally separate thread.

The ability for LE to enforce immigration laws is a minefield of legality and the fact that many in the Republican party think that it is a simple problem, as opposed to a massively complicated legal, financial and logistical undertaking are kidding themselves.

For example, a simple question; how do you identify the illegals without violating the constitution and the constitutional rights of those who are legal?

I accept that illegal immigration is a serious problem. I believe the immigration problem is not really an immigration problem but an entitlement problem.

But I absolutely am convinced that the protections of the constitution, that is the fundamental tenant of what make America great, prevents the simple deportation and scooping up of illegal aliens as the process in which to identify them either violates the constitution of perfectly legal citizens or requires a national identity system that the R's and privacy advocates have rightly resisted.

More simply, it is a complicated problem, where there is no consensus in America, no consensus by the political leaders, and is a highly controversial topic that may really hurt the R's in the national election.

And I stand behind my statement which is, "to govern, one must win."

I agree with you that it is a serious problem, I disagree that any solution is simple and will not require compromise where neither side will be happy or get everything they want.

i respect your opinion that you believe it is a simple solution, I just disagree that it is a simple solution if one respects the constitution.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score
Fack no.
Close the doors. USA is full. Rolling blackouts, traffic, water shortage...

Want to invite someone over? One person gets a green card. No citizenship.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I've changed my stance on this again. Regor will be proud. I sat in more traffic yesterday I a Saturday trying to get home from Santa Monica than i do during the week. There's too many people here. California is closed

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I've changed my stance on this again. Regor will be proud. I sat in more traffic yesterday I a Saturday trying to get home from Santa Monica than i do during the week. There's too many people here. California is closed

Remember that day they had in 2006, the illegal alien day in LA? Remember how nice traffic was because there wasn't any? That, is the effect we would have if we cleaned house and got rid of all the parasitic cockroaches. First we need to make sanctuary cities illegal and fine or imprison the elected policy makers who allow such stupid, illegal rulings against the already enacted immigration laws.

ColdSteel

Life on the Main Jet.
Reaction score

What do you mean you don't want to sit in traffic with a bunch of foreigners.

Racist!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Aside from the entry across the southern borders, we need to stop the Gov plan to bring in ME refugees like the reported 200K Syrians Lurch wants to bring here. To many issues with these people and we just do not need it nor can we afford it..

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

:yikes

Regardless of what the left says, you are not a racist for that stance, but you ARE a right wing lunatic for it! :D