WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 210 dash wiring. Help please.

footer

looking for a v-drive
Reaction score
Sometime in the past an alarm under the dash was disconnected. The loose wire obviously must attach to one of the four ignition switch connections. My question is which one?

IMG_4450.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
looks to me like the purple wire is already going to the ignition switch for power and the black wire provides ground. that white/blue stripe wire should be a sender/sensor wire that goes to something? oil pressure? just guessing here...

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Sometime in the past an alarm under the dash was disconnected. The loose wire obviously must attach to one of the four ignition switch connections. My question is which one?

View attachment 440153

On mine that wire is attached to the ground. The purple (keyed power) was disconnected on mine when i bought it.

20151004_101120_resized.jpg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
so if purple is power, and black and white/blue both go to ground, wtf is the point of this thing? just to buzz like crazy whenever the key is turned on for a few seconds? all the buzzers ive seen actually buzz when somethings wrong, ie low oil pressure. no wonder they unhooked it.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
The tan with the blue stripe ALWAYS goes to the audio warning senders. IE: water temp, oil psi, drive lube reservoir. If you ground that wire the alarm will go off. My guess is the picture ultralucky posted is actually the sender wire from the back and they are using the attachment to connect the sender wire to the alarm (tan with blue stripe)
All the audio warning senders connect to one wire that runs to the dash. All the senders do is ground the wire to activate the alarm.