WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Man the channel has changed.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol......tell this to the new guy who wants to buy a boat just like yours. And just think.....it's October.....not even crowded. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That must have been quite the ride in today's wind:D:cool. Nice looking boat, such classic lines:thumbup:

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
It was a wild ride for sure. Speared one roller and took close to 100 gallons over the bow. Puckered my asshole to say the least. Heading back wasn't so bad except I went left instead of right and sucked a bunch of cabbage up the pump and had to walk my boat up river a bit. Fortunately my boat is small enough to do that with. Once we hit the river though it was smooth sailing. Got to flat foot it a bit and let my buddies son drive. He is 11 and was thrilled to take the wheel.

I've missed the hell out of the Colorado. Took me two days of driving but have already burned a shit ton of fuel.

Headed back out tomorrow for some fun in the sun at jack smiths park. It's pretty cool to see my father holding his grandson while I am in town too.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Lol......tell this to the new guy who wants to buy a boat just like yours. And just think.....it's October.....not even crowded. :D

Do it! Or wait till mid winter and beat them up about the price.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Here was pirates cove on Thursday.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444095294.488471.jpg
Here was The Turtle later that day.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444095633.164099.jpg
You just can't go on the weekends and expect it to not be busy.

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
Here was pirates cove on Thursday.
View attachment 440573
Here was The Turtle later that day.
View attachment 440574
You just can't go on the weekends and expect it to not be busy.

I was surprised at how little traffic there was on Sunday. The weather was my biggest issue.

My buddy just sent me this pic of The Channel circa the mid 70s.

View attachment 440577

That's pretty awesome. I didn't start playing in Havasu till the early 90's. It sure would have been fun to grow up during those times and get to see the beginnings before all the crazy corporate stuff.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. I didn't start playing in Havasu till the early 90's. It sure would have been fun to grow up during those times and get to see the beginnings before all the crazy corporate stuff.[/QUOTE]

and METH! LOL

Wozencraft

Reaction score
Crazy to see the Channel with no trees or buildings. The place has come a long way!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
for the better or worse is the question ?
Depends on Your perception.

Some people love hanging there! You couldn't pay Me to hang out there.

I might consider it if I knew shintoo was there though...

[emoji6]

Tank

Reaction score
I remember as a kid on the 80's going under the bridge and the number markings were very clearly marked on each stone from when they brought it over.

Pretty cool

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. I didn't start playing in Havasu till the early 90's. It sure would have been fun to grow up during those times and get to see the beginnings before all the crazy corporate stuff.

and METH! LOL[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the damn sad truth.

for the better or worse is the question ?
I prefer the older days myself, too much concrete for my liking.

I remember as a kid on the 80's going under the bridge and the number markings were very clearly marked on each stone from when they brought it over.

Pretty cool

They are all but gone now, couldn't find any numbers.

All that being sad Pirates Cove is pretty damned badass. Putted down river from needles today for that experience. I'm super impressed.

garytcosta

Reaction score
LuckyDaze,

Nice boat you got here.
Like Hooter said, I'm looking for one just like yours, green stripes & everything.;);)

DickieB

Reaction score
My first trip to Havasu was in 1964......Went on Labor Day and you could actually ski all day..........in smooth water, go figure!:)

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
LuckyDaze,

Nice boat you got here.
Like Hooter said, I'm looking for one just like yours, green stripes & everything.;);)

Right on. Green is a hard color to find. Thanks for the complement, boat took me 8 years and a divorce to finish. I'll be burried in the thing when my time comes.

Or maybe a Viking funeral pile type service... Hmmm...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
LuckyDaze,

That's a great looking jet bote, where do you boat in WA? I've never been to Havasu but from picks it seems that the Snake River is similar just less people? Pot Holes, Columbia (Tri Cities area)?

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
LuckyDaze,

That's a great looking jet bote, where do you boat in WA? I've never been to Havasu but from picks it seems that the Snake River is similar just less people? Pot Holes, Columbia (Tri Cities area)?

My boat thrashes all over Wa. Lake alder, lake spanaway, snohomish River, lake wa, I've been to potholes. I like heading down to the Columbia too. Lots of good boating to be had here in wa.

Colorado River is a little bigger than the snake river, Havascrew is a ton of fun but you need a big boat, or get up early and get off when the wind kicks Up.

You ever go to Mardon for Tony's deal?

707dog

Reaction score
not to thread jack but was the channel there formed by nature or was it cut/dredged out to what it is now??

Advantage 1

Reaction score
not to thread jack but was the channel there formed by nature or was it cut/dredged out to what it is now??

Man made.

Attachments

• slide_325365_3117469_free.jpg
    slide_325365_3117469_free.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 24
  • london-bridge-construction_3.jpg
    london-bridge-construction_3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 21

Advantage 1

Reaction score
thanks i guess i could of googled it, they moved a lot of desert to make that sucker happen gotta appreciate the dream they had for the future and its use!!

:thumbup:

Attachments

• mau1303.jpg
    mau1303.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 23
  • London-Bridge-March-1971.jpg
    London-Bridge-March-1971.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 22
  • fa_1041_bridgedredging970.jpg
    fa_1041_bridgedredging970.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 26

LuckyDaze

Reaction score
I gotta give it to whoever pitched the idea to put the London bridge there. Must of been a hell of a salesman. Sure has payed off in spades though.