WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hesperia to Lake Arrowhead run.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This morning:
No doubt one of the most fantastic runs I've done to date.
We were headed to the 12.000 ft level from the desert floor and it's stunning views, hairy drops and excellent scenery.
It was raining and iPhone's hate the wet so I only snapped a few pix.

Of maybe 15 rides some of the girls were soaked and cold so we cut the trip short before we hit the summit, had a beer break then headed back.

W0SfwXO.jpg

zsPvGhe.jpg

Ran the stock wheels and tires. With the bigger brakes on the turbo I'll have to use 1" spacers to use my Hypers and stealths. 1" spacers are on back order:

5wbpvs8.jpg

Our starting point this morning in Hesperia. Trail to Lake Arrowhead begins just down the street:

7sQaEf8.jpg

I had given up the thought of buying a Rzr Turbo then I got a text from my dealer with significant $$ knocked off the price.
I balked.
Then I got another text a few days later with another big chunk of $$ knocked off and a big discount on options and a 5 year warranty.
So I bit.
I love off roading and spent most my life with jeeps and quads. Rzrs should be affordable but they are really pricing themselves out of business.

The turbo hauls ass. I don't need to be the fastest guy out there, I just like lots of power and it delivers and is fun to drive. Especially at high altitude. If I wanted to be the fastest I'd roll with a Z1 conversion.
Power comes on immediately. Reverse power too. Not the old chain reverse, the trans is now geared for it and it's brutal.
I barely got on the throttle even on the steepest of grades.
Cushy ride, quiet, fun to drive. With over 10 hours on it no complaints. The plastic roof is going for the Metal roof.

Attachments

• 5wbpvs8s.jpg
    5wbpvs8s.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 304

Meaney77

Reaction score
Looks like a good time. A few years ago a group of friends and I did a dual sport ride that was hosted by Malcom Smith. You stage at Glen Helen and ride across town up into the hills around Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead area. Tons of great riding up there that I never knew existed.

Reactions: TPC

3.Slow

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of fun and nice that it finally cooled down enough to hit the dirt, new to the forum but would like to get out and meet some of the other members. Our ride is an 08' Ranger XP
1502699_10201293899131894_1343417369_o (1).jpg

Attachments

14.3 KB · Views: 208