WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bob Fitzpatric Anaheim Hills CA, Restored 74 Spectra 20

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I am Cliff, Bob has been helping me redo the paint on my Spectra. He is a great coach and knows his stuff.

fitz spectra 20

Reaction score
redandwhite.jpg
You would think everybody would know who Cliff is! Especially RiverDave!

fitz spectra 20

Reaction score

this was my first boat , a 15 ft. 1958 aristo craft powered by a 40 hp evenrude outboard motor, at the age of 15, at Alton bay N.H. My grandmother bought it at a Ester Williams water ski show in fort Lauderdale fl. in 1958 and it was a very fast boat at its time, I wish I still had it would turn some heads fore sure???

braindead

Reaction score
That is a clean boat, classy color scheme. With time I hope mine will look that good one day.

I was curious as to why you decided to run a t-stat? Personal preference or was that how the po had it set up? Have you had any problems with it, and what type of water filter do you have to keep it clean?

fitz spectra 20

Reaction score
That is a clean boat, classy color scheme. With time I hope mine will look that good one day.

I was curious as to why you decided to run a t-stat? Personal preference or was that how the po had it set up? Have you had any problems with it, and what type of water filter do you have to keep it clean?

Yes It came with a T-stat and yes had some problems with small pieces of grass or weeds getting stuck in the thermostat so I got a Groco inline water strainer and works great and no problems.

braindead

Reaction score
Yes It came with a T-stat and yes had some problems with small pieces of grass or weeds getting stuck in the thermostat so I got a Groco inline water strainer and works great and no problems.

Good to know, thanks.

You decide what you're gonna do with the scoop?

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Bob, that looks great, did you clear that? I cant remember if you shot that in paint or Gel Coat?

fitz spectra 20

Reaction score
Bob, that looks great, did you clear that? I cant remember if you shot that in paint or Gel Coat?

I shot it with the clear you gave me two years ago! with that very nice Binks topload spray gun !! Did not even had to color sand and buff like most paint job you and I do!

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
OK OK I know this is the longest build in history, I was just thinking that I haven't been up to work on the thing since Thanks Giving!! hurting my knee over Christmas took a good 5 day trip away. Lets hope for more snow buddy and we will have both of these in Kings this summer.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
That is a great picture of the Spectra Bob, glad to see you posting some things up here after 16 months :)

That Sanger belongs to a friend our ours, Brent Houlihan. Brent married into our group and he was surrounded by Sangers up at the Kings River so he bought one... turned into a bag of worms but with the help of Fitz and Billy Buma (painted the boat and graphics) this thing came out beautiful. Brent is a freaking maniac and worked on this thing like a dog... I have to say they got me over one Saturday saying they needed help pulling lines for the graphics, (flattered me for grunt labor) well we did that but after a shit load of sanding. I will say that while I was sanding on this hull I got a little jelly, the body work on this thing is spot on, a shit load of sanding and shaping went on here and things that most people would never notice are perfect, like the shape of the toe rail around the deck is perfect and super clean and sharp. These three gents did a fabulous job. Hope they get a lot of use and fun out of it.

Last edited:

fitz spectra 20

Reaction score
Decided to change color on the scoop on the engine cover.

Attachments

• S5000079.JPG
    S5000079.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 34
  • S5000082.JPG
    S5000082.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 34

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Did you go Purple to match the boat? looks shiny :) When are we goin to Parker? can you do a early November trip with Chris's hip surgery??