WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Billet Air Cleaner housing

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I won't have a chance to start on this right away, but the material just showed up so I thought to start a thread for it and update when it gets moving along.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
attachment.php

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The bottom piece is an 1-1/4 too long, perhaps they didn't charge enough for it, so they tacked on some more money where they could. Fuckers. Time for inquiring about that later.

We are starting with 2.5 thk 12 x 21 barstock and .75 thk 11 x 21 plate. One side of the plate no scratches since it won't get much machining.

The plate the pair are sitting on is a fixture for another job.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
The two come into the shop at a full-figured 81 lbs.

With some training, lots of hard work and dedication, I estimate the pairs' final fighting weight will be around 8-10lbs.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Any progress on this that you can share? :D

The client is good with any pictures I want to post.

I am running A2 steel in the #1 Mill and rotary table 6061 parts in the #2 Mill. I haven't had a chance to touch it yet.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
No sir.

Pretty soon though, I just finished the A2 I was running, I have a small run of 303 parts, and then I will be on it.

Stay tuned.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The two come into the shop at a full-figured 81 lbs.

With some training, lots of hard work and dedication, I estimate the pairs' final fighting weight will be around 8-10lbs.

Brian

70 lbs of material removal!! God Damn!! I need to get a CNC.. Do you know how long that would take me by hand? :D

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
70 lbs of material removal!! God Damn!! I need to get a CNC.. Do you know how long that would take me by hand? :D

RD

Don't be scared, I cranked handles before I pushed buttons. You know it can be done.

FYI...A big ass HAAS CNC lathe and a smaller Bridgeport CNC mill showed up on my doorstep for sale, I haven't decided to sell or keep the mill yet. You in?

Brian

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
he'll get around to it, maybe .............

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Any updates on this?

I did the design work, but I have been slacking on this project.

Pretty swamped at the shop and busy with the backyard.

I need to get this going.

Brian

DEROOSTER

Reaction score
10 dollars a day reduction in price starting today?????:)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Don't be scared, I cranked handles before I pushed buttons. You know it can be done.

FYI...A big ass HAAS CNC lathe and a smaller Bridgeport CNC mill showed up on my doorstep for sale, I haven't decided to sell or keep the mill yet. You in?

Brian

Is it a retrofit? Or is it a door closer? Details? Pics, price?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Is it a retrofit? Or is it a door closer? Details? Pics, price?

Door closer?

You mean an auto door? No sir.

It is a Bridgeport, real CNC, not a retro. I think it is a 98, looks real good and has been sitting for sometime.

I have a couple pics, but they are crap, I am hoping to get over there take some pics and get them hauled here.

I have decided to keep the lathe for myself, it is way bigger than mine, and 3in bar feed capable.

I haven't decided if I want the mill yet. It is a 40x20 or 30x12 machine. I'll get it running, put some parts in it and decide then, I think it has a Mitsubishi control. More than likely I am going to sell that one.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Alright now. I know I have been a big tease.

Part of the reason these big G jobs take so long is they take up some table space and it is tough to stop working on the bread and butter jobs when those clients are anxious to get their parts. Usually Dec is a notoriously slow month for me, so I thought I would have time earlier to get started, but this month has actually been the best month, ever. Which is wild. Make hay while the sun shines my friends.

So I have been putting this off for long enough, so here I am, clearing the table to mount the fixture.

Stay tuned peeps.

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Clean me off a nice spot for a fixture big enough for the parts.

attachment.php

parker ed

Reaction score
I am confident the bottom side swarf will fill the can. :)

I had to go back and look at the original thread to see why the base is so thick, they couldn't shorten the linkage any?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
I had to go back and look at the original thread to see why the base is so thick, they couldn't shorten the linkage any?

Client already had a setup he was happy to stick with. I am building a housing to fit that setup.

Notmyyob. :)

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Alright, second OP set up, designed and programed. IMA need some tooling to continue on after this roughing OP to hold it down from the inside.

Dinner is on and I am being called on to be there.

IMA finish the height on this girl and rough the profile down a bit so it will start to take shape and call it good for today.

You guys ready?

Brian

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Forgot to weigh it before I set it back up. I estimate that I took off about 15lbs on the first OP.

I estimate the second Op will take off 40Lbs.

Buckle up butter cup. :)

Brian

parker ed

Reaction score
Forgot to weigh it before I set it back up. I estimate that I took off about 15lbs on the first OP.

The second Op will take off 40Lbs.

Buckle up butter cup. :)

Brian

:twoweeks

:D

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
attachment.php

Still has .4 on the bottom to come off. Need to clamp the part from the inside before that comes off.

Doesn't look like much yet, but she still has a chance to be something.

parker ed

Reaction score
How is this going to attach, a pair of studs or bolts through the center of the TB's?

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
How is this going to attach, a pair of studs or bolts through the center of the TB's?

Yes. There isn't anyway else to hold it to the TB's.

Housing itself with the air cleaner will be it's own assembly.

This housing will carry my trademark attachment, the only fasteners visible from the top will be the two hold downs from the throttle bodies.

Brian

Backlash

Reaction score
Once again, it looks like you have NO idea what you're doing.

Just giving you a hard time! That looks pretty frigging nice! Thanks for the updates! ;)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Once again, it looks like you have NO idea what you're doing.

Just giving you a hard time! That looks pretty frigging nice! Thanks for the updates! ;)

Yep, my first day here.

Thanks for the kind words. You're welcome. I am normally not able to show what I do, so it is nice to have clients that don't mind me posting pictures.

I hope to have the bottom piece finished today.

Brian