WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Finally said F$&k it, Ram 2500

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
2016 ram 2500 4x4 turbo Cummings crew cab long bed
image.jpeg
4in lift, 35" tires, steps, tint all going on next week!
Current 20" factory rims and tires will be up for sale next week, if anyone local interested

NicPaus

Reaction score
Very Nice!! I would love to pull the trigger on a 5500 single cab 12' dump. Saw one with a 45K weight sticker sticker on it at Home depot and was drooling. My Cat skidsteer would fit nicely in the bed of it.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Very Nice!! I would love to pull the trigger on a 5500 single cab 12' dump. Saw one with a 45K weight sticker sticker on it at Home depot and was drooling. My Cat skidsteer would fit nicely in the bed of it.

Now only drawback is my guys saying they can't get a raise yet I get a new truck! :D
Funny thing is the 2 most verbal about it, actually got bumped within the last couple months :thumbsdown

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
got it a few thousand below invoice, it listed for over 60k
Used truecar, good credit, fat down, and a case of the dgaf this is what I'm paying.
If he uses true car, let him know he'll save 8-10k off list, but be prepared for them to not care as much for your business

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
You need to flip up the mirrors to match the rest of us :thumbup:

I keep changing back n forth, they function better when up, but stick out crazy and I'm in traffic a lot. Already nearly clothes lined 2 different dudes on bikes. Prob not as much a problem being up higher now. Mirrors is my only complaint with truck, those mirrors suuuuck!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Have you towed a back hoe or anything heavy yet?

Icky

Reaction score
I keep changing back n forth, they function better when up, but stick out crazy and I'm in traffic a lot. Already nearly clothes lined 2 different dudes on bikes. Prob not as much a problem being up higher now. Mirrors is my only complaint with truck, those mirrors suuuuck!
They definitely take awhile to get used to, we leave them up because of that reason

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Have you towed a back hoe or anything heavy yet?

Not yet, my buddy's got the 3500 though, pulls a flat bed gooseneck w excavator and bobcat on it, and says it still scoots along no problems. Stock w 385hp w 900lb-ft of torque, shit throw a programmer and DPF delete, get 500-685hp and well over 1000lb-ft no problem and increase mpg. They sound sick with DPF delete! But I ain't takin on the potential 10k ticket for doing it.

Enen

Reaction score
Not yet, my buddy's got the 3500 though, pulls a flat bed gooseneck w excavator and bobcat on it, and says it still scoots along no problems. Stock w 385hp w 900lb-ft of torque, shit throw a programmer and DPF delete, get 500-685hp and well over 1000lb-ft no problem and increase mpg. They sound sick with DPF delete! But I ain't takin on the potential 10k ticket for doing it.

Congrats on the new truck. Ram is my next choice for a truck.

There are tunes for non DPF deleted trucks that will add +100 hp and 200 Ft lbs. If you decide to tune, or you pull heavy, check out RevMax converters and valve bodies. It is a relatively inexpensive upgrade to the 68RFE transmission that will pay dividends over time. The cell phone holder in the console of the '16's is one of the coolest features of these trucks.:thumbup:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

There are tunes for non DPF deleted trucks that will add +100 hp and 200 Ft lbs. If you decide to tune, or you pull heavy, check out RevMax converters and valve bodies. It is a relatively inexpensive upgrade to the 68RFE transmission that will pay dividends over time. The cell phone holder in the console of the '16's is one of the coolest features of these trucks.:thumbup:

Thanks, and thanks for info on revmax. Iv had, ford 150,250, older dodge 1500 w hemi, and multiple Chevys over the years, this truck by far is THE best all around truck Iv ever owned. Just this week towed trailer 3 quads up cajon pass cruised at 75-80 at 2000 rpm like I was empty, not that it was much weight, but my last Chevy 5.3 would of been screaming to maintain speed up cajon while towing. My buddy in his HD Chevy had same load minus 1 quad and I pulled from him like he was stomping the brakes, lol

Also yes the holder is pretty cool feature, it's large enough I can set an iPad in there.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Congrats on the new wheels. The Rams are also my next choice in truck. I just can't wrap my head around paying 60K for a pick-up truck though, lol. Hoping my old Ford 7.3 PSD keeps on chugging down the road for a few more years.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Wondering how you like the truck after driving it a few months. About to pick up a new truck myself. Was planning on a Duramax but looked at a Ram 2500 today and love it. Plus the Dodge is going to be 5-7k cheaper similarly equipped.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Do you happen to know if Rev has a converter and valve body for the older 4 speed auto? An 05 model specifically.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
http://www.revmaxconverters.com/

I would call them as they have a reduced stall converter in single clutch format. Living with a triple clutch converter on a stock truck is a wasted nuisance.

Have you done yours?

I'm thinking mine should be done sooner than later,but I'm finding it hard to justify at the prices they want for parts,then finding someone to do labor and more $ there.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Wondering how you like the truck after driving it a few months. About to pick up a new truck myself. Was planning on a Duramax but looked at a Ram 2500 today and love it. Plus the Dodge is going to be 5-7k cheaper similarly equipped.
I love it, it tows anything with ease, Iv loaded over 4000lbs dead weight in bed a few times now the coils don't like it so much but it scoots along with ease still.
6 months 30k miles already, absolutly zero complaints
Iv got an 07 Chevy also, the Chevy feels more like a car inside versus the dodge, so I guess it depends on intentions of use.

There's no G in Cummins
There is when it's a verb not a noun :)

I'll prob do programmer and DPF delete once out of warranty, so at my mileage rate another year:eek

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Have you done yours?

I'm thinking mine should be done sooner than later,but I'm finding it hard to justify at the prices they want for parts,then finding someone to do labor and more $ there.

Not yet. I keep waiting for the 48re to fail so I can just buy the entire deal. I have 240k miles on that original trans and still pulling heavy several days a week. I can feel the converter not wanting to stall up now and me waiting for the converter to lock up. So a new converter is needed but at this kind of miles, is just replacing the converter a smart choice?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
So a new converter is needed but at this kind of miles, is just replacing the converter a smart choice?

No...you're paying for all the R&R anyway, may as well take care of the internals since they can't have that much life left anyway.

It's akin to replacing a water pump when you're already in there to change the timing belt :thumbsup

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
No...you're paying for all the R&R anyway, may as well take care of the internals since they can't have that much life left anyway.

It's akin to replacing a water pump when you're already in there to change the timing belt :thumbsup

Exactly.

If it were 2wd I would take my chances and pull the trans and put in a new converter but dealing with the 4x4 increases the grief. My goal is to make it to 250K and just put a reman trans in at Inglewood Transmission in Fullerton. Get it all dialed in perfect.

My buddy has an 06 with 355k on the original trans and he pulls all the time but not super heavy like I do. His converter is also very done.

Stupid 2200 stall factory deal, completely the wrong choice for a diesel.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I've done a bunch of goerend, dtt, revmax, bd etc 48re's. Ditto on the single disk, especially if you don't run a bullet input. A good single will hold more than a 2 piece input will.

I've had real good luck with Phil Taylor's converters. He does single stock with billet cover and Lower stall, all the way up to $$$$ stuff.

Having said alllllll that...my current 04.5 has a 100% stock trans and all it ever does is tow 15k plus lbs, with 37" tires and 3.73's, or spends its days in the desert chasing/pre running. Throw a lock up switch on one and learn to use it right and it helps prolong its life. It's never even changed the trans fluid, let alone checked it. (Ya...seriously...the dipstick has never been pulled on the trans).

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Thanks! Sorry if I jacked your thread... Been wanting a CTD since I was a kid and saw an '89 driving through my hometown with a gooseneck flatbed (I'm 34...)

What lift did you get and how do you like it? Thinking a level with 35's myself... Maybe rear bags... My toyhauler is only 7500 lb... Gonna tow WAY Better than the Tahoe lol

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Thanks! Sorry if I jacked your thread... Been wanting a CTD since I was a kid and saw an '89 driving through my hometown with a gooseneck flatbed (I'm 34...)

What lift did you get and how do you like it? Thinking a level with 35's myself... Maybe rear bags... My toyhauler is only 7500 lb... Gonna tow WAY Better than the Tahoe lol

No worries, I had forgot about thread til recently when I saw it pop back up on feed, lol
I love my truck, and sure you will too, the cummins is a beast!
Did 4in bds lift, 18in fuels, 35in toyo rt, nfab steps love the entire set up, better than stock ride. Just rotated tires semi recently at 25k miles, guys at the shop were like dude no way you've put that many miles on it already and how have tires not been rotated, hasn't needed it :thumbsup I do want to add airbags eventually because I tend to exceed the bed weight :D
And yes you could leave the Tahoe connected to toy hauler and connect both to the dodge and it will tow em combined better, lol

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Nice ride. I've been really happy with my 2012 Ram 2500! Easily pulls my 15000# trailer, but rear bags would help. It's stock with 305/55R20s.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Update on my rig, just under 5k miles on it at this point... Took a 3500 mile trip to the Midwest and back towing my 19' toyhauler, no toys inside just camping gear, and had my rear differential come apart. Just got it back from the dealer, new gears, bearings, the whole deal... Good times! And my towing mileage was abysmal, 7-8 mpg regardless of speed 75-85 mph, slightly better at 65 but still under 10, with trailer weight under 7k. Went through 13 gallons of DEF on the trip too. Other than that, truck did great, haha. Also had the dealer address my A/C while it was there, since it was never able to keep the cab cool above 100 ambient, low and behold the refrigerant was underfilled from the factory... Guess I'll see how it does after the repairs... :grumble:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Update on my rig, just under 5k miles on it at this point... Took a 3500 mile trip to the Midwest and back towing my 19' toyhauler, no toys inside just camping gear, and had my rear differential come apart. Just got it back from the dealer, new gears, bearings, the whole deal... Good times! And my towing mileage was abysmal, 7-8 mpg regardless of speed 75-85 mph, slightly better at 65 but still under 10, with trailer weight under 7k. Went through 13 gallons of DEF on the trip too. Other than that, truck did great, haha. Also had the dealer address my A/C while it was there, since it was never able to keep the cab cool above 100 ambient, low and behold the refrigerant was underfilled from the factory... Guess I'll see how it does after the repairs... :grumble:

Wtf!! Bout truck!! Mines 2016 7 months old, 37k miles already, zero issues
And I regularly tow 10k+ pound equipment trailers, dump trailers etc
Don't pay attention to computer mpg, calc it yourself, when turbo kicks in mpg drops like crazy but to be expected
75-85 towing, lol, sounds like you did cross country towing but pretended you weren't.
I usually would use around 4gl of Def in that mileage range, I believe I put 3 gl or so in every 5k miles ish, and I drive like a dick, just saying
was your entire trip uphill, going 85, mashing the gas, where if you didn't have Def there would still be a black smoke trail telling us all where you went :D
My AC has worked great, was in havasu last weekend 115 range and humid, and cab was like a cooler inside
Sucks with the issues, hopefully they got yours all worked out, if not lemon law that bitch and get another

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Wtf!! Bout truck!! Mines 2016 7 months old, 37k miles already, zero issues
And I regularly tow 10k+ pound equipment trailers, dump trailers etc
Don't pay attention to computer mpg, calc it yourself, when turbo kicks in mpg drops like crazy but to be expected
75-85 towing, lol, sounds like you did cross country towing but pretended you weren't.
I usually would use around 4gl of Def in that mileage range, I believe I put 3 gl or so in every 5k miles ish, and I drive like a dick, just saying
was your entire trip uphill, going 85, mashing the gas, where if you didn't have Def there would still be a black smoke trail telling us all where you went :D
My AC has worked great, was in havasu last weekend 115 range and humid, and cab was like a cooler inside
Sucks with the issues, hopefully they got yours all worked out, if not lemon law that bitch and get another

Lol, all hand calc'd, had plenty of practice filling up every 225 miles... Encountered a variety of grades and winds, tried to keep the rig from downshifting and tach under 2k, but mileage didn't seem to vary as much as expected. I know the toyhauler catches a lot of wind, but my mileage running through OK and TX with 25 mph headwinds wasn't significantly worse than heading north through KS and MO without any wind, which surprised me. Granted, I was running fairly hard most of the time, but even when I took it easy at 70-75 the difference was not as big as I expected it to be... I'm hoping it sorts it self out with time, have another trip coming up, this one through southern CA, so we will see how she does for round two... On the plus side, my local dealer (Bill Luke) has been great and the rest of the truck outstanding. The cab is amazingly quiet- when the rear end isn't howling like a jet engine :D

guest hs

Reaction score
I bought a similar truck to yours except short bed and a 6.4 litre hemi with 4.10 gears its a great truck and pulls like a mother fer! Oh yah did I mention 20 mpg on the highway!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Lol, all hand calc'd, had plenty of practice filling up every 225 miles... Encountered a variety of grades and winds, tried to keep the rig from downshifting and tach under 2k, but mileage didn't seem to vary as much as expected. I know the toyhauler catches a lot of wind, but my mileage running through OK and TX with 25 mph headwinds wasn't significantly worse than heading north through KS and MO without any wind, which surprised me. Granted, I was running fairly hard most of the time, but even when I took it easy at 70-75 the difference was not as big as I expected it to be... I'm hoping it sorts it self out with time, have another trip coming up, this one through southern CA, so we will see how she does for round two... On the plus side, my local dealer (Bill Luke) has been great and the rest of the truck outstanding. The cab is amazingly quiet- when the rear end isn't howling like a jet engine :D

I would have to think your rear end degrading effected your mileage?
Not a real comparison since my 05 has the 5.9,and is 4.10 geared but grades kill my mileage.
On flat ground it does ok.
We pulled our 26 toy hauler (about 10k pounds) from here in Riverside to St George Utah on 2/3 of a tank,maintaining the posted speed limits.
I suspect with your rear end sorted your mileage will improve.
Also worth noting it seemed as my truck got some miles under it and the engine broken in mileage increased.