WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How much money do you have in your RZR? And pics...........

Andy01

Reaction score
Thinking of a RZR build, was building a early blazer but I think I will be to old to drive by the time this dream is done. Thinking of buying a new 4 seat rzr for my wife and two daughters. How much do you have in your rzr to get it the way you want it? Can you post pics of your rzr as well? AZ West the best deal place for a new one? Thank you for the replies!!

TLAW719

Reaction score
Sorry to side track a little Andy, what is a ball park for insurance on a RZR to be able to drive on the street?

I'm looking to buy one too. So far with purchase, a cage, harnesses and a few other upgrades I'm easily near the $30k range.

Ultra28

Reaction score
About $32,000. I still need to finish running the wiring through the cage, make new doors and get it wrapped. Made the cage, bumper, trunk, roof and windshield at our fab shop. IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_2252.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Zero. Purchased a JKUR and sunk a ton of money into that.

TheKeysLife

Reaction score
Thinking of a RZR build, was building a early blazer but I think I will be to old to drive by the time this dream is done. Thinking of buying a new 4 seat rzr for my wife and two daughters. How much do you have in your rzr to get it the way you want it? Can you post pics of your rzr as well? AZ West the best deal place for a new one? Thank you for the replies!!

Pink taco hooked us up with Gary at northland motorsports in flagstaff couple rdp member including myself bought our rzr at northland great people and the best deal out there az west couldn't match their prices! Give Gary a call

Andy01

Reaction score
Sorry to side track a little Andy, what is a ball park for insurance on a RZR to be able to drive on the street?

I'm looking to buy one too. So far with purchase, a cage, harnesses and a few other upgrades I'm easily near the $30k range.
It's a big range, depends a lot on value and location. But figure $500 to $800ish, again there is a big difference with value with add on's.
About $32,000. I still need to finish running the wiring through the cage, make new doors and get it wrapped. Made the cage, bumper, trunk, roof and windshield at our fab shop. View attachment 446870
View attachment 446871
That's a good looking cage John!! I don't want to spend 32K ouch!

Zero. Purchased a JKUR and sunk a ton of money into that.
What is that?

Pink taco hooked us up with Gary at northland motorsports in flagstaff couple rdp member including myself bought our rzr at northland great people and the best deal out there az west couldn't match their prices! Give Gary a call
I'll get ahold of Tom to get a contact for Gary, thank you!!

Ultra28

Reaction score
A JKUR is a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited. I've got a couple of those too. They eat up money fast also.

You can get a used 4 seat RZR for under 20k. You don't need all the stuff I put on mine. I ran it bone stock for the first season.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Bought mine at AZ west. I had talked to other dealers but they would not beat the price, only match it. I bought mine when the xp41k was first released, there was no budging on prices.

Drove it stock while I waited for some builders to put some units together to see what I liked best and then went to TMW Offroad in Mesa,AZ for the build. I bought things like seats and lights prior to build and dropped everything off with TMW. With all of my parts made and powder coated before I arrived my build time was 2 days. Grabbed a hotel room in Scottsdale and stuck around to watch it come together, made a few changes and added some things along the way. I'm into it for nothing shy of $45k now.

Sand set up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447294119.670577.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447294330.683143.jpg

Havasu set up
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447294257.882823.jpg

Joker

Reaction score
Bought mine at AZ west. I had talked to other dealers but they would not beat the price, only match it. I bought mine when the xp41k was first released, there was no budging on prices.

Drove it stock while I waited for some builders to put some units together to see what I liked best and then went to TMW Offroad in Mesa,AZ for the build. I bought things like seats and lights prior to build and dropped everything off with TMW. With all of my parts made and powder coated before I arrived my build time was 2 days. Grabbed a hotel room in Scottsdale and stuck around to watch it come together, made a few changes and added some things along the way. I'm into it for nothing shy of $45k now.

Sand set up
View attachment 446920

View attachment 446923

Havasu set up
View attachment 446921

[emoji106]

E4L

Reaction score
Damn some bad ass RZR bad timing for me. I already want one

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
A bunch ....like 45K.

Uncle Dave

Attachments

• 2015-10-17 14.19.11.jpg
    2015-10-17 14.19.11.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 242
  • NAT_1025.jpg
    NAT_1025.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 12191497_1518410521812719_8682171424271873096_n.jpg
    12191497_1518410521812719_8682171424271873096_n.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 235

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Sand set up
View attachment 446920

View attachment 446923

Havasu set up
View attachment 446921

A bunch ....like 45K.

Uncle Dave

Man both of these are badass!!

Andy01

Reaction score
Wow Cam that is nice, I had seen I think all white? It tuned out amazing, I remember your golf cart days :D

Do you enjoy it in Havasu? That is where I will be using mine, no dunes or anything for me.

Uncle Dave that has to be one of the most over the top ones I have seen, that is insane!

G. Faulk

Reaction score
UD, Throttle, like Andy I'm also going to grab a new turbo 4 seater RZR here pretty quick. I've been looking but where's the best place for all the mods and bolt on stuff?

Super nice RZRs you two have.

Andy when I get it I will get ahold of you for insurance.

Thanks in advance.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Thx, mine wasn't ever white, but it's been all around great. The golf cart and teryx drove the same. The rzr has been a complete home run!
UD's car has the body from LaveyCraft. Chris is putting out some nice stuff.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Uncle Dave that has to be one of the most over the top ones I have seen, that is insane!

Thanks that car has a metric ton of stuff in it.

Heated seats / Sunroof panels/ Polaris digital Dash/ Rugged in car and car to car.

Madigan +4 / Summer brothers axle....

Enough lights to see to China....

The kit is Laveycrafts body kit dash doors hood with show finish on inside of doors.

...and of course the lovely and talented Veronica beckoning you for a ride...

UD

Attachments

• NAT_0666.jpg
    NAT_0666.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 237
  • NAT_0893.jpg
    NAT_0893.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 239
  • NAT_0845.jpg
    NAT_0845.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 234

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
UD, Throttle, like Andy I'm also going to grab a new turbo 4 seater RZR here pretty quick. I've been looking but where's the best place for all the mods and bolt on stuff?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks-

Laveycraft can do all that for you and source the parts.

They have dealers for their body parts they can get components from at a discount.

The guys at SXS Industries have pretty good deals on parts.

Motor work is Pro shop, Alba or Sparks.

UD

Attachments

• NAT_1041 (1).jpg
    NAT_1041 (1).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 218

satellitemike

Reaction score
2015 w5 year extended warr, cage, front bumper, light bar, flood lights, seats, 4 point belts, storage trunk, spare tire and holder, mongrels and methods, and rugged radio. I might be missing something but I'm into it for about 24k. Installed everything myself!

satellitemike

Reaction score
2015 w5 year extended warr, cage, front bumper, light bar, flood lights, seats, 4 point belts, storage trunk, spare tire and holder, mongrels and methods, and rugged radio. I might be missing something but I'm into it for about 24k. Installed everything myself!
uploadfromtaptalk1447299294642.jpg oh yeah forgot dual 4' lit whips.

Enen

Reaction score
You guys got some serious loot into these things. 45k:yikes

dschifan

Reaction score
2015 I had 30k at most into it. I did all the wiring and rigging myself though. Just sold it was a nice car.

Attachments

• post_image11.jpg
    post_image11.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 218
  • post_image6.jpg
    post_image6.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 202
  • post_image10.jpg
    post_image10.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 212

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
You guys got some serious loot into these things. 45k:yikes

It kinda creeps up on you like any project...

Been riding with them in the dunes and watching them get wrecked for a while - if and when you start jumping you notice they have a tendency to land on one front wheel then get dragged back to camp with a folded front end - so you have to beef up all the running gear a bit axles/ beefier long travel kits $$$

Then that means a revalve & springs and or new shocks $$$
Then you need real wheels and tires....$$$
Then doors or you just funnel sand in when duning $$$
Then you need a map so your idiot friends can find camp..$
Then you need the lights $-$$$
The little lady likes to be warm and I like cushion - so you get better heated seats & harnesses $$$
Then if you want it to look the part a body kit $$$ (preferably matched to your boat)
Then the motor stuff like a basic - stage 1 exhaust and controller just as a foundation $$$

Then you step back and ask yourself how it happened again.

UD

Heylam

Reaction score
Holy crap! With 45k, I'd have put it into the property Riverdiva had for sale, put a renter in there, had positive cash flow, and a had great investment.

Enen

Reaction score
It kinda creeps up on you like any project...

Been riding with them in the dunes and watching them get wrecked for a while - if and when you start jumping you notice they have a tendency to land on one front wheel then get dragged back to camp with a folded front end - so you have to beef up all the running gear a bit axles/ beefier long travel kits $$$

Then that means a revalve & springs and or new shocks $$$
Then you need real wheels and tires....$$$
Then doors or you just funnel sand in when duning $$$
Then you need a map so your idiot friends can find camp..$
Then you need the lights $-$$$
The little lady likes to be warm and I like cushion - so you get better heated seats & harnesses $$$
Then if you want it to look the part a body kit $$$ (preferably matched to your boat)
Then the motor stuff like a basic - stage 1 exhaust and controller just as a foundation $$$

Then you step back and ask yourself how it happened again.

UD

I get how it works. I haven't been able to bring myself to take the SxS leap. BTW, your's is over the top. Can I get a ride? :D

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I get how it works. I haven't been able to bring myself to take the SxS leap. BTW, your's is over the top. Can I get a ride? :D

Thanks!

sure....just make sure you bring a sister.....

I would have stayed on bikes and quads except for the "one kidney" thing - I lost a kidney to Renal cell carcinoma 3 years ago and If I get hit just right Im on dialysis the rest of my life.

With age get a cage.

This is scaling it way back from a 100K sand car, but still fun.

Heylam-I invest in assets first - and they pay for my liabilities.

UD

NicPaus

Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend a Cage from SDR. They are a little more money but hold up well when needed. I put mine to the test and it saved my ass.

Uncle Dave that RZR is the SHIT!

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447308294.217776.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447308360.200012.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447308400.153553.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447308483.930505.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447308535.805485.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447308767.305596.jpg

You can literally sink as much money into a SxS as you are willing to spend...... We have had customers spend $1500-$40,000 after the purchase of the machine to dial them in to their liking. Figure $5-10k if you want to do the basic mods. Tires/Wheels, Seats, Harnesses, Cage, Doors, Lights. All depends on how your going to use it and how you want it to look.

Feel free to pm or call me for any ideas or questions.

Chris
Devious PowerSports
503-512-7390 shop
503-799-4706 cel

Best way to get me direct is to call my cel, after moving to Havasu I'm not at my shop much! Lol

LomitaBob

Reaction score
we had a rhino and a buddy bought a RZR 4 1000 when they came out. I drove it and HAD to have one!! then I really thought about it, for what those things cost I don't think its worth it! why not just buy a sand car?

this is also when I decided to ditch the rhino and "fix up" the jeep

aj923

Reaction score
image1.jpg

Probably have 16k in mine.. I bought it used then did the doors and cage.

Best advice I can give. Buy a used one with as much stuff done to it as possible. As you can see people dump a ton of money in them and sell them for a lot less than they have in them...

prosthogod

Reaction score
This may have been stated before but, Why wouldn't you just go to a rail ? There alot out there for 45K that kick ass, have a stronger frame and tons more horsepower. I have a teryx I bought from funco for $7500.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
This may have been stated before but, Why wouldn't you just go to a rail ? There alot out there for 45K that kick ass, have a stronger frame and tons more horsepower. I have a teryx I bought from funco for $7500.

1. Service -Better know how and be able to do most of your own service work - Because there is little to no support network for rails and almost everything is custom. Every other the motorcycle shop sells SXS's.

2. FINANCING banks support the UTV industry - buying a rail? Better have cash. Buying a UTV you need a down and a credit score and can get payments up to 10 years - like a boat.

3. Size - tip over a full size car in the dunes- better have a crew standing by.

4. Usability - I put my mom in a razor/maverick and she can follow us in the dunes and offroad. A rail takes some skill.

Rails are more fun faster and I like them better, but these things are fun and have a place. A Terx, or Rhino even built is no comparison to a RZR.

UD

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.

Call Gary at Northland and TMW in Mesa for all the parts. Gary got mine registerd for the street dropped it off at TMW picked it up and delivered it to me in Parker...no one better than Gary!

JRS1939

Reaction score
Thanks-

Laveycraft can do all that for you and source the parts.

They have dealers for their body parts they can get components from at a discount.

The guys at SXS Industries have pretty good deals on parts.

Motor work is Pro shop, Alba or Sparks.

UD
uploadfromtaptalk1447347561660.jpg

85k.... can be yours for 45k with spares...

And Sparks for the win!!!

prosthogod

Reaction score
1. Service -Better know how and be able to do most of your own service work - Because there is little to no support network for rails and almost everything is custom. Every other the motorcycle shop sells SXS's.

2. FINANCING banks support the UTV industry - buying a rail? Better have cash. Buying a UTV you need a down and a credit score and can get payments up to 10 years - like a boat.

3. Size - tip over a full size car in the dunes- better have a crew standing by.

4. Usability - I put my mom in a razor/maverick and she can follow us in the dunes and offroad. A rail takes some skill.

Rails are more fun faster and I like them better, but these things are fun and have a place. A Terx, or Rhino even built is no comparison to a RZR.

UD

Well there you have it. I just can't fathom putting that cash into a SxS.

2Driver

Reaction score
Had 3. Each one I picked off Craigslist, used it for a season and sold for more.

I guess if it was my main hobby I could see going all out.....on a Yam 1000. :D