WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A few late 70s early 80s havasu pics

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Who remembers when they used to do the ski shows in the channel. This is back in a time if you had a hallett, schiada, spectra, or Campbell you were the baller with the big ass boats. Back then there was 1-32 flybridge Campbell that was the biggest most ridiculous boat to run in havasu. Back when house boats used to be able to run through the channel because pretty much everything out there was 19ft and smaller. Funny thing is back in the late 80s a hallett vector actually cost about 5k more than a schiada river cruiser. Times have changed!!
image.jpeg
Me standing on the back of my dads Miller, I believe my uncles spectra next to us
image.jpeg
Copper canyon, my dads southwind, his buddy's Sanger superjet I believe
image.jpeg
In the channel, my brother on dads southwind
image.jpeg
The dunes, now called Disneyland, not so easy to get back to now a days

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Some more old pics
image.jpeg
Copper canyon
image.jpg
The gorge, the water was actually up high that day it usually had sand bar nearly entire length
image.jpg
Early to mid 90s London bridge resort
image.jpg
Not havasu, I believe bass lake, family had a vacation home there also, this is going wayyyy back
image.jpg
BOY sand castles, I would build em as a kid then put firecrackers in and blow it up
image.jpg
Not havasu, I believe Nacimiento, haven't been out that way in a looooong time
image.jpg

outboardrick

Reaction score
Who remembers when they used to do the ski shows in the channel. This is back in a time if you had a hallett, schiada, spectra, or Campbell you were the baller with the big ass boats. Back then there was 1-32 flybridge Campbell that was the biggest most ridiculous boat to run in havasu. Back when house boats used to be able to run through the channel because pretty much everything out there was 19ft and smaller. Funny thing is back in the late 80s a hallett vector actually cost about 5k more than a schiada river cruiser. Times have changed!!
View attachment 447753
Me standing on the back of my dads Miller, I believe my uncles spectra next to us
View attachment 447754
Copper canyon, my dads southwind, his buddy's Sanger superjet I believe
View attachment 447755
In the channel, my brother on dads southwind
View attachment 447756
The dunes, now called Disneyland, not so easy to get back to now a days

Man, those were the good days, eh?

guest hs

Reaction score
Where exactly is Disneyland I think I was there years ago. I tried to find it last month when on vacation. Is it somewhere by Castle Rock between the sand bar and the river entrance?

guest hs

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the old water slide at Crazy Horse?

outboardrick

Reaction score
Where exactly is Disneyland I think I was there years ago. I tried to find it last month when on vacation. Is it somewhere by Castle Rock between the sand bar and the river entrance?

Yes, the entrance is between Castle Rock and Blakenship Bend. I went in there a couple of years ago in the pontoon and had to walk the boat most of the way, very overgrown.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Yes, the entrance is between Castle Rock and Blakenship Bend. I went in there a couple of years ago in the pontoon and had to walk the boat most of the way, very overgrown.

Correct, also used to be able to access from river, used to have couple bouys in a pretty overgrown reed opening. I went back a few years ago, pretty much had to walk it back over 1/2 the way there. Overgrown and nasty mud to walk in, snake, and a fish hook in the foot, was enough for me to show the kids once. And they can now see it again in photos or google images, lol

pcrussell50

Reaction score
siiigh! wish my folks were boat people. i didn't discover boating the desert till my 30's. but my two little girls are sure going to grow up boating the desert.

-Peter

pcrussell50

Reaction score
Miss those good times with the family, food cooked outside always tasted better too!:cool

Well, count yourself lucky. As you can see from my post, several above, my parents weren't boaters and I didn't discover desert lake/river boating until 2008. Now, we're trying to build those memories for our two little girls, 7 and 3. So far, they love heading out, beaching somewhere, and swimming and playing like crazy. So do I.

-Peter