WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Going to do some testing today

shenanigans

Banned
Reaction score
What pitch range? Do you still have them all?

RD
HA! I wish. I have a very good friend that loaned me 5 to try for a weekend. I have 3...

So my setup is as follows.
350 bored .030
Black scorpion mpi intake
390hp
420 torque on the dyno.

boat came with a 23p tempest plus
1.81 drive. Alpha gen 2

I think one of the previous owners swapped out a 4.3l
It bounces off the rev limiter with the 23. Picked up a 25p Fury, much better all around, still on the limiter @5200 rpm and 62mph.
I had a 26p maximus
26 bravo 1 labbed
27 bravo 1 labbed
24 trophy
26 trophy

Best mph was the 27 bravo 1 @63mph turning 5000 rpm

The maximus could pull a plow across a field, or a bus load of cheerleaders on skis.

It was fun...

I'm curious to see what your x is because I'm raising mine the hard way. Pulling engine and drive filling in the hole and cutting out a new one. New motor mounts, raise the hatch to clear etc...
My current x is 7 3/4
I've been told by a VERY knowledgeable man that I should be @5" with my boat.
Also going to a bravo with a 1.50 ratio.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I think the x dimension is 6 inches with the stock b1.. I'd have to check to be sure though.

BUSTI

Reaction score
Dave,
Looks sweet. I have a labbed 26 in Parker. Let me know if you're still looking to try.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave,
Looks sweet. I have a labbed 26 in Parker. Let me know if you're still looking to try.

Fuck yes we are looking to try! I was going to leave the boat at home but if your offering I'll bring it down on Friday!

shenanigans

Banned
Reaction score
I would also encourage you to take a note pad and use it. Documenting changes makes it a TON easier to recall #'s...
Also recommend downloading the new
Mercury Racing propeller slip app. It's a free download on Google play, or whatever those apple people use...

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
I have a 26 and a 30 pitch Hill 4 blade (s) if you need more choices .... Maybe a 25 Lazer 3 blade too .....

Singleton

Reaction score
What pitch range? Do you still have them all?

RD

I have a collection of 26's - stock bravo / merc labbed bravo / bblades labbed and then a cutting edge 26 and 5 blade 25.

Strange enough each has a purpose and is used. If you want to try them let me know.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I have a collection of 26's - stock bravo / merc labbed bravo / bblades labbed and then a cutting edge 26 and 5 blade 25.

Strange enough each has a purpose and is used. If you want to try them let me know.

What are the different makes of 26's? That's
What i want to try. I need to figure out if I'm going to get that tune done or not.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Let me know how we can try them early next week!

At some point in the near future I have decide if I want to keep the shorty or go back to stock.

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
What are the different makes of 26's? That's
What i want to try. I need to figure out if I'm going to get that tune done or not.

I don't understand your question. Below are the props I have, the labbed props were done for my specific boat

- Brave 1 Stock 26 4 blade
- Bravo 1 Merc labbed 26 4 blade (best all around prop for my boat)
- BBlades labbed Bravo 1 26 4 blade (provides additional bow lift)
- Cutting Edge labbed 26 4 blade (provide more lift then BBlades - my poker run prop - highest top speed prop)
- Cutting Edge 5 blade (best prop for tubbing / wake boarding)

Singleton

Reaction score
Let me know how we can try them early next week!

At some point in the near future I have decide if I want to keep the shorty or go back to stock.

RD

The key for my storage is in Carlsbad, I will not be back until home until Dec 5th. Can your testing wait until the week of the 7th.

BUSTI

Reaction score
Fuck yes we are looking to try! I was going to leave the boat at home but if your offering I'll bring it down on Friday!

Cool deal. Ill be in Parker Thursday. Let me know. Shoot me a PM.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
You hate the shorty, AJ should hold it aside for when he puts my vector back together, as long as I get the RD price :D

shueman

Reaction score
OK focker ... I'm awake now ... :D

I'll get a Blackhawk out there asap ... I'll have Kenny or Fear pick the best one to bring and what props to use.
I'll show them this thread in the morning (Wed).

The BH we have are from the late 80's.

_BLACKHAWK_02.jpg

_BLACKHAWK_06.jpg

_BLACKHAWK_05.jpg

spectras only

Reaction score
Dave, A labbed 26 Bravo 1 would probably be your best bet IMO, Also, I would try a labbed 27 P Mirage plus. Why having left hand rotation prop with your left helm? You're a heavier guy than average for a small boat:) , a left hand prop would be better to produce torque to offset that little extra:p:) you carry. The Blackhawk drive with no torque input to twist the hull would be sweet :thumbup:but 1:36 ratio would overwhelm a small block though.Get a BH and put a whipple on.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don't understand your question. Below are the props I have, the labbed props were done for my specific boat

- Brave 1 Stock 26 4 blade
- Bravo 1 Merc labbed 26 4 blade (best all around prop for my boat)
- BBlades labbed Bravo 1 26 4 blade (provides additional bow lift)
- Cutting Edge labbed 26 4 blade (provide more lift then BBlades - my poker run prop - highest top speed prop)
- Cutting Edge 5 blade (best prop for tubbing / wake boarding)

The kind of answers. So there's bravo bblades cutting edge and ron hill? More I'm sure

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
OK focker ... I'm awake now ... :D

I'll get a Blackhawk out there asap ... I'll have Kenny or Fear pick the best one to bring and what props to use.
I'll show them this thread in the morning (Wed).

The BH we have are from the late 80's.

View attachment 449213

View attachment 449214

View attachment 449215

Blackhawks were made from '94 - '95. I think he'll have a hard time pulling 1.36:1 gears with a small block. See if you have any with 1.65:1 gears or MAYBE 1.50:1. They also were available with 1.81:1 ratio.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Blackhawks were made from '94 - '95. I think he'll have a hard time pulling 1.36:1 gears with a small block. See if you have any with 1.65:1 gears or maybe 1.50:1. They also were available with 1.81:1 ratio.

Also has to find Blackhawk props which I'm pretty sure are out of production.

BDMar

B & D Marine
Reaction score
Also has to find Blackhawk props which I'm pretty sure are out of production.

I built a 650 EFI last year for a 22 Daytona with a Blackhawk. We needed larger props and haven't had any luck finding any yet. They're very hard to find.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
RD, what if you tune that 24 a bit? It might not hit the rev limiter in the heat of the summer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave, A labbed 26 Bravo 1 would probably be your best bet IMO, Also, I would try a labbed 27 P Mirage plus. Why having left hand rotation prop with your left helm? You're a heavier guy than average for a small boat:) , a left hand prop would be better to produce torque to offset that little extra:p:) you carry. The Blackhawk drive with no torque input to twist the hull would be sweet :thumbup:but 1:36 ratio would overwhelm a small block though.Get a BH and put a whipple on.

They are right hand rotation?

RD, what if you tune that 24 a bit? It might not hit the rev limiter in the heat of the summer.

This is all just testing and that will likely end up what i end up doing..

spectras only

Reaction score
FWIW, I have two small blocks [ 6.2's, not Scorpions though ] with 320HP at the props. My drive ratio is 1:65 [ diesel drives ] Bravo 1 26P. I was on the rev limiter [ 5150 ] until re-tuned my props to 26p not counting the cup. The props are labbed and turn dead on 5000rpm @ WOT. Like BDMar suggested, 1:65 ratio would allow a bigger prop for Dave to play with without going the BH drive route.
Vibration with the Bravo prop Dave mentioned probably was caused by bad pitch settings on the blades or a death wobble being out of concentrics.I found the pitch were all over the place on all four blades of my props too.My props have solid hubs but with the insert sleeves they aren't very precise.

[video=youtube;zbsq2Vc_HW4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbsq2Vc_HW4[/video]

spectras only

Reaction score
They are right hand rotation?

This is all just testing and that will likely end up what i end up doing..

The prop in your picture is a right hand rotation, torquing your boat to the left. You want a left hand prop to torque the boat to opposite to keep it level left to right.

shueman

Reaction score
I built a 650 EFI last year for a 22 Daytona with a Blackhawk. We needed larger props and haven't had any luck finding any yet. They're very hard to find.

Those Blackhawks we have are from '95 ... my error (as usual!) ...

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Ya know RD,,,after you get the drive upgraded and dialed, you could build a twin turbo SBC and not tell anyone... ;)