WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

INSTEAD OF A NEW BOAT......

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
Well like the title says....

Here is my story. In July of 2014 we bought a house in a neighborhood that my wife an I had been watching for years. We never thought we would be able to afford one in this area when this one came up for sale.
It's sets on 1 1/4 acres in North Glendale Our New to us place.jpg

After paying a little more than we had budgeted we closed the deal July 27th 2014. Then the renovation started.... (another boat budget up in smoke).... I redid the master bath. Moved the master closet and all the plumbing. Also tore out the old drop sofits ceilings in the kitchen and entry and raised the roof height up to 9' through the entire house, new drywall and complete re-texture and repaint plus 1,600/LF of trav and new carpet in the bedrooms. It took me 35 days from start to move in. Needless to say after all that I ran short on cash and didn't have enough to redo the kitchen at the same time. The wifey agreed we needed to put it off for a later date. Fast forward to November 2015. I have been saving and selling a few things to drum up enough cash to find a nice Daytona in the the off season. Nothing crazy just a clean 25' with a reliable motor package and a open bow if possible. Then the wife says, "hey when are we going to get to the kitchen"... I don't know why I thought she would forget about it. Maybe I was just holding out hope she wouldn't notice the old one. :( So here is what I did over the last 2 weeks.

The old kitchen The Old Kitchen.jpg One more of the old kitchen.jpg

After the tear out After the tear out.jpg

And the new one another angle.jpg The new one.jpg With the sink.jpg

I hope to have it completely finished with granite in a few weeks. I'll update with some more pic's then.

So needless to say my boat dreams are on hold for a little longer. :thumbsdown

HitIt

Reaction score
Looks great! Congrats. Always nice to have things work out better than you hope they will.

The corners on that island would send my kids to the ER on a regular basis ;)

shenanigans

Banned
Reaction score
Well like the title says....

Here is my story. In July of 2014 we bought a house in a neighborhood that my wife an I had been watching for years. We never thought we would be able to afford one in this area when this one came up for sale.
It's sets on 1 1/4 acres in North Glendale View attachment 449329

After paying a little more than we had budgeted we closed the deal July 27th 2014. Then the renovation started.... (another boat budget up in smoke).... I redid the master bath. Moved the master closet and all the plumbing. Also tore out the old drop sofits ceilings in the kitchen and entry and raised the roof height up to 9' through the entire house, new drywall and complete re-texture and repaint plus 1,600/LF of trav and new carpet in the bedrooms. It took me 35 days from start to move in. Needless to say after all that I ran short on cash and didn't have enough to redo the kitchen at the same time. The wifey agreed we needed to put it off for a later date. Fast forward to November 2015. I have been saving and selling a few things to drum up enough cash to find a nice Daytona in the the off season. Nothing crazy just a clean 25' with a reliable motor package and a open bow if possible. Then the wife says, "hey when are we going to get to the kitchen"... I don't know why I thought she would forget about it. Maybe I was just holding out hope she wouldn't notice the old one. :( So here is what I did over the last 2 weeks.

The old kitchen View attachment 449346 View attachment 449347

After the tear out View attachment 449350

And the new one View attachment 449351 View attachment 449352 View attachment 449353

I hope to have it completely finished with granite in a few weeks. I'll update with some more pic's then.

So needless to say my boat dreams are on hold for a little longer. :thumbsdown
I had to wait 8 years to buy a boat. It'll come.

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
Looks great! Congrats. Always nice to have things work out better than you hope they will.

The corners on that island would send my kids to the ER on a regular basis ;)

That may happen to me after a few too many! :D

It will be getting some nice round corners on it when the granite arrives. :thumbup:

fmo24

Reaction score
Kitchen looks good. I really like the staggered height on the cabinets. Adds a lot of interest

TBulger

Reaction score
Wow, just love the home, nice job. Any chance you might be able to redo our kitchen, when you get your's done, so darn expensive? :)

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
Wow, just love the home, nice job. Any chance you might be able to redo our kitchen, when you get your's done, so darn expensive? :)

Thanks.

You don't want me to do it. The beer that gets drank during construction would be a budget buster! :D

I finished a few things over the long weekend.
New Kitchen.jpg

Here is a pic of the granite.
Our Granite.jpg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You'll use that kitchen a whole lot more than you will a new boat!!!

Nice job. Looks Really nice!! :tbi

charlyox

Reaction score
Nice job. Congrats [emoji106]🏼

Squirtsfar

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the new granite 2015-12-20 12.00.25.jpg

I also installed a new back splash last weekend while the wife was visiting her mom Tucson. I get it all done before she gets home that night. She walks in the door takes one look at it and says "I don't think I like it". So Sunday morning I tore it off and in the trash it went. Talk about money down the drain.... :grumble: Oh well on to the next version of back splash.... :D

shenanigans

Banned
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the new granite View attachment 453673

I also installed a new back splash last weekend while the wife was visiting her mom Tucson. I get it all done before she gets home that night. She walks in the door takes one look at it and says "I don't think I like it". So Sunday morning I tore it off and in the trash it went. Talk about money down the drain.... :grumble: Oh well on to the next version of back splash.... :D
That's a kick in the nuts. Damn man, that sucks about the backsplash. Granite looks nice though.

Miss Venomous

Reaction score
Looks like a Million Dollars that was a hell of a boat budget!