WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Eagle 25' XP interior refresh...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Our 1999 Eagle XP interior is showing it's age and my wife and I are looking at having Eliminator send us an entire interior package. Materials and colors have changed over the last 15 years and we are looking for opinions and photos of different styles. End goal is to send my wife and oldest son to Eliminator in late January to choose accent colors and materials and confirm the order.

Purple and Teal are the main accent colors, the boat also has a grey accent stripe that isn't in the current interior but could be. I would like to see the rear seat headrests raised and the green lightening bolt cross the engine hatch, maybe arch to the swim step then back to the other side. I left it up to my wife as she is the much better decision maker on things like this, but I think this would look good. Were looking for ideas, anyone have any and or pics of interiors they think are cool?

Anyhow, here is a pic of the boat,

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I will be watching this thread. I have the same colors on my 98 Eagle.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Thank you. Bought it off Craigs List from a guy in Mesa AZ several years ago. Got a great deal on it but the trip down and back was brutal.

The wife would really like a woven fabric on the seats. Not sure this would be OK, need to see some pics. She doesn't think a fabric will last very long, I'm thinking were selling in 5 years or less and going bigger. Resale value is a big deal to me, we bought the boat right and I don't want to get upside down in it. Motor and drive are rock solid so I don't mind spending some money on the interior. Would also like to add a windscreen.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I know this isn't that popular but I like mostly white. Colors look cool but aren't that functional in the heat.

EDIT: Just saw you live in WA. Color away. :D

shueman

Reaction score
Here's an example of the updated interior on a 236, basically a 25' cabin. Accent colors of your choosing.
Side patterns all custom to your specs.

boat94_tn10.jpg

shenanigans

Banned
Reaction score
That dark windscreen makes it look like it's going 200 sittin on the trailer. Damn...

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Thank you. Bought it off Craigs List from a guy in Mesa AZ several years ago. Got a great deal on it but the trip down and back was brutal.

The wife would really like a woven fabric on the seats. Not sure this would be OK, need to see some pics. She doesn't think a fabric will last very long, I'm thinking were selling in 5 years or less and going bigger. Resale value is a big deal to me, we bought the boat right and I don't want to get upside down in it. Motor and drive are rock solid so I don't mind spending some money on the interior. Would also like to add a windscreen.

The wind screen is popular on the Eagle. Here is a link. What size motor. I have the 502 with over 600 hours with no problems so far.

http://www.finneys.com/windflaps.html

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I think the boats look better with original colors compared to an updated interior. Matches the era of the boat.

Then again, this is comming from the me who probably has more color than anyone on their interior LOL!!!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
The wind screen is popular on the Eagle. Here is a link. What size motor. I have the 502 with over 600 hours with no problems so far.

http://www.finneys.com/windflaps.html

The flip up windscreens are not what I'm looking to add. We boat in cold weather and near sea level. Wind hitting your face at 75 MPH sucks, not to mention the beating your ears take. 502 Mag, IMCO shorty and out of the box 26P Bravo prop cause this. Probably OK in hot weather but most of hour summer is spent below 80 degrees. The wrap around windscreen costs around 2K plus install, money well spent in my opinion.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I know this isn't that popular but I like mostly white. Colors look cool but aren't that functional in the heat.

EDIT: Just saw you live in WA. Color away. :D

I hear ya, I want mostly pearl white but my wife wants lots of color. Believe it or not, it does get hot in the PNW for a couple of months, a Bimini top is next. I spent 10 years in Sacramento and learned to hate chrome trim on the door panels of cars so I get your thought process. I think I still have a scar on my left arm from my 73 Chev Blazer with a delux interior trim.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Which ever way you go, I personally wouldn't go with a contrasting color on the piping, keep it the same as the panels. Just my .02 on a small thing. Good luck...:thumbup:

shenanigans

Banned
Reaction score
12e38055762fb0256c42e6c231cb8d41.jpg

These aren't sunglasses either, but they sure look like sunglasses. ...lmao..

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
No windscreen yet....it will look dorkey with one but I don't care. The wind buffeting sucks for passengers and driver.

I agree....I wouldn't put a full one on. I'd do the windflaps. But I get your problem with the area that you boat and the temps.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Any cool late model interior pics? Not that I have much in put, but I think it would be cool to have some type of fabric / suede insert in the middle of the seats as well as the Eliminator 50th Anniversary stitching on the head rests. You guys getting how this works with my wifey? Show me some pics to back up my thoughts and she will buy off? Lets see the pics!!!!

Cray Paper

Reaction score
If you don't want to mess up the look of the boat pick up one of these bad boys....

View attachment 449445

I have lost all of my favorite hats while driving this boat, most are at the bottom of the Columbia river or Snake river. One of them is at the bottom of Lake Washington. Hats don't cut it, need a windshield for our comfort.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I had a 26' Eagle and I when I bought it I really wanted to add a windscreen to it. I'm glad I didn't. Ruins the lines in my opinion. Buy the way, I had headrests in the back seat, I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I don't care about the lines, if we can boat for longer and enjoy ourselves while boating that's all I care about.

And thank god, we don't have to deal with Pink gel coat schemes.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Pink is awesome if used right.
Anyone else get out of the lounge on occasion and take a peak in the From the mold section to check out RickyBobby's thread on the TR2 builds?

If not,here's what you missed.

image.jpg image.jpg

I think it looks Bad Ass!:thumbup:

shueman

Reaction score
Here's a 250 Eagle that's the owner custom'd some windflaps ... very cool idea.

used_boat_565_tn3.jpg

Full windshields are way pricey ... $XXXX pricey

Like Pokey said, no woven fabric, except maybe in the cuddy ...

Cray Paper

Reaction score
It's a lot less noticeable. I love mine

View attachment 449463
View attachment 449464

How well does that windscreen work above 70mph? Does it deflect enough so that your not feeling it while driving? How about rear seat passengers? I'm torn between the clear (less visibly noticeable) and a dark tint, the dark purple gel coat on the cowl area ,make it appear there is a windscreen, adding a windshield on top seems to me that it should be dark to blend in with the cowl? Hope that makes sense.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
How well does that windscreen work above 70mph? Does it deflect enough so that your not feeling it while driving? How about rear seat passengers? I'm torn between the clear (less visibly noticeable) and a dark tint, the dark purple gel coat on the cowl area ,make it appear there is a windscreen, adding a windshield on top seems to me that it should be dark to blend in with the cowl? Hope that makes sense.

My daughter and her boyfriend have a 28 eagle like ours, but it has no windscreen, and it's a substantial difference. With the Bimini down its a very nice ride. With it up, you still get a lot of wind turbulence in the cockpit. As far as the backseat, I can't really tell you as I've never been in the back of mine at speed.

I have the same purple cowl on the front of mine, and like yourself was torn between the dark and the clear. Good luck with your decision.

I'll be watching what you decide on your interior, as I'm going to redo mine this winter as well. Most likely going to take it to Eliminator, or possibly West Coast Interiors.

Dave