WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Update on my Hallett Vector upgrades!

hallett3

Reaction score
Engine is tuned correctly and everything is working right with no issues. Had to lift the hatch 1 1/2 inches so the headers cleared and I added the second hatch arm. I also had to have a buddy of mine make me a angled intake because the hatch hit the air filter. The red one you see on the engine is just a prototype piece, but he is making me one that is anodized blue to match the motor.

Attachments

• IMG_9368.jpg
    IMG_9368.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_9369.jpg
    IMG_9369.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9370.jpg
    IMG_9370.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_9371.jpg
    IMG_9371.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_9367.jpg
    IMG_9367.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 188

hallett3

Reaction score
Had to lift the trailer 3 1/2 inches because the new Imco transom and hydraulic arms do not lift the drive up as high as my old outdrive. With the drive all the way up I only have 6 inches of clearance. Always has to be something that will bring the price up. Adding these blocks with get me by in the mean time. In the future I'm going to make the trailer a triple axle and raise all the bunks. I want the look the V-drive Vectors have on the trailer.

Attachments

• IMG_9375.jpg
    IMG_9375.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9376.jpg
    IMG_9376.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9372.jpg
    IMG_9372.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_9373.jpg
    IMG_9373.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 177

Halvecto

Reaction score
Had to lift the trailer 3 1/2 inches because the new Imco transom and hydraulic arms do not lift the drive up as high as my old outdrive. With the drive all the way up I only have 6 inches of clearance. Always has to be something that will bring the price up. Adding these blocks with get me by in the mean time. In the future I'm going to make the trailer a triple axle and raise all the bunks. I want the look the V-drive Vectors have on the trailer.

My drive was sitting low as well. I see you have the leaf spring suspension trailer (is it an R&S or Ellis?). Mine is a R&S. I opted to do a spring swap and put the axles under the springs and then adjusted the fender height. It does have a bit larger space between the wheel and fender, but it rides straight and smooth. Been this way for over twelve years with no problems.

hallett3

Reaction score
My drive was sitting low as well. I see you have the leaf spring suspension trailer (is it an R&S or Ellis?). Mine is a R&S. I opted to do a spring swap and put the axles under the springs and then adjusted the fender height. It does have a bit larger space between the wheel and fender, but it rides straight and smooth. Been this way for over twelve years with no problems.

I have a competive trailer and we discussed the spring option but couldn't lower the fenders. Well with the boat on the trailer won't notice much.

hallett3

Reaction score
Finally tested the boat at Elsinore and has issues. Nothing Hallett did but I'm having electrical issues, at least we think. We Hooked it up to a diagnostic and sent it out to Mercury. We have changed sensors and other things and still won't run right. Hopefully we can figure this out. Thanks again Cobra boats for lending me a hand in Elsinore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 225
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 214

hallett3

Reaction score
Engine runs as if it's having a fuel problem or down a cylinder. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. We did a cylinder test and a fuel pressure test and everything came back fine. We are guessing maybe one of the new sensors are bad.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Engine runs as if it's having a fuel problem or down a cylinder. If you guys have any suggestions please let me know. We did a cylinder test and a fuel pressure test and everything came back fine. We are guessing maybe one of the new sensors are bad.

Sorry to hear of the engine troubles, Saw your boat at Hallett on Monday when I was dropping mine off. Boat looks stuning in person. Looks like a new boat.

hallett3

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the engine troubles, Saw your boat at Hallett on Monday when I was dropping mine off. Boat looks stuning in person. Looks like a new boat.

Thanks, it was a big let down. Hallett gave it a big effort to get it running but they don't want to step on the engine Builders work. I am taking it absolute marine in Havasu . Aaron is going to get it running. He had the engine rebuilt and feels bad. He is positive he will get it running .i am sure he will. I followed your post on your 210 and looks amazing what you have done. The gel work came out bad ass and your gauges came out bad ass. What are you doing to it now?

Hammer

Reaction score
What a bummer. Any idea what size cleats you have and where the breather vents came from?

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Thanks, it was a big let down. Hallett gave it a big effort to get it running but they don't want to step on the engine Builders work. I am taking it absolute marine in Havasu . Aaron is going to get it running. He had the engine rebuilt and feels bad. He is positive he will get it running .i am sure he will. I followed your post on your 210 and looks amazing what you have done. The gel work came out bad ass and your gauges came out bad ass. What are you doing to it now?

Absolute should get it sorted quickly.
Adding Dana Throttle/shifter, new side panels and ski locker.

hallett3

Reaction score
What a bummer. Any idea what size cleats you have and where the breather vents came from?

Yeah a bummer for sure, but Arron will get it running. He has always goes by his word and has never let me down. The cleats measure from end to end is 6 3/4 inches and the vents are 8 inches inches from end to end Got them both from Eddie marine. Hope that helps

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Cylinder balance test? So none are missing? Did you do compression or leak down? What are the symptoms? Did you run a test on the injectors with your scanner? Also you could have the harness wrong on the injectors especially since this motor was apart.

Hammer

Reaction score
Yeah a bummer for sure, but Arron will get it running. He has always goes by his word and has never let me down. The cleats measure from end to end is 6 3/4 inches and the vents are 8 inches inches from end to end Got them both from Eddie marine. Hope that helps

It does thanks! Looking forward to seeing the final numbers.Can't wait to see it in person! [emoji1303]

hallett3

Reaction score
Cylinder balance test? So none are missing? Did you do compression or leak down? What are the symptoms? Did you run a test on the injectors with your scanner? Also you could have the harness wrong on the injectors especially since this motor was apart.

Great info thanks. Will be wrenching on it Monday.

hallett3

Reaction score
Well I got some good news finally. Aaron and the guys at absolute speed and marine figured out the problem. There was a split in the #5 ignition wire. We changed it out and she runs damn good. Ended up with a Hering 5 blade labbed prop which worked the best after testing 6 different props. Final result was a solid 83 GPS. Midrange from 30-70 takes only a couple of seconds. A lot better from the old 454 only getting me to 68.

hallett3

Reaction score
Nice! Great news. You did a great job at the refresh. I'm sure it's like a whole new boat.

Yeah it is completely different now. I expected the boat to be around 87-90 mph but I'm happy with 83. The trim tabs are way more sensitive and the new Imco drive is less sensitive. The drive takes a long time to go up or down compared to my old stock bravo. The tabs are bad ass. It will take a little bit to get used too but all in all in happy with it.

Hammer

Reaction score
Yeah it is completely different now. I expected the boat to be around 87-90 mph but I'm happy with 83. The trim tabs are way more sensitive and the new Imco drive is less sensitive. The drive takes a long time to go up or down compared to my old stock bravo. The tabs are bad ass. It will take a little bit to get used too but all in all in happy with it.

I bet there is 5 more miles an hour in that boat. Maybe a -2 IMCO lower?

hallett3

Reaction score
I bet there is 5 more miles an hour in that boat. Maybe a -2 IMCO lower?

Yeah that's exactly what Aaron said at absolute. I'm out of $$$. I have spent enough on this boat. I still have a few other props I want to try to see what happens.

BUSTI

Reaction score
Yeah that's exactly what Aaron said at absolute. I'm out of $$$. I have spent enough on this boat. I still have a few other props I want to try to see what happens.

You're already into it just put it on a card and make payments. [emoji383]

stevesdcb

Reaction score

H3, congrats, your sled has always looked great now you have the complete package with that motor and drive. I feel your pain when it comes to the $$$, waiting to get mine back from the gel coater and the price has doubled from what I expected:grumble:

hallett3

Reaction score
H3, congrats, your sled has always looked great now you have the complete package with that motor and drive. I feel your pain when it comes to the $$$, waiting to get mine back from the gel coater and the price has doubled from what I expected:grumble:

LOL. I guess when it come to boats just double the price. Gel coater does nice work. Love to see photos when done.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
LOL. I guess when it come to boats just double the price. Gel coater does nice work. Love to see photos when done.

For sure on the pics, supposed to get it back on 4/22 (we will see:D) then off to the trailer shop. No motor for me this year, stuck with the old 454.

hallett3

Reaction score
This is a bad ass Vector.

Saw that you bought that bad ass 210. You did well my friend. Saw Your discussion on a prop try a 23 4 blade. That's what I had on my vector before the upgrades. Work really well rpm and top speed.

Hallett1974

Reaction score
Saw that you bought that bad ass 210. You did well my friend. Saw Your discussion on a prop try a 23 4 blade. That's what I had on my vector before the upgrades. Work really well rpm and top speed.

Thank you sir. I will have to try that 23 4 blade prop one of these days.