WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Conquest Deck Upgrade

Deano

Reaction score
I have the same year hull and Gt whipped big block. I have gone thru 2 xr uppers . Stick with a four blade prop or an Imco scx upper to prevent more of the days behind the sea tow boat. I have an assortment of four and five blade propellers if you would like to try some out.
I feel like it's bad mojo to talk about drives breaking.. I already have a 5 blade P5X. I'm tightening up the clearances on the xr gears and taking it super easy until I get an scx upper.

conquestdeck

Reaction score
I feel like it's bad mojo to talk about drives breaking.. I already have a 5 blade P5X. I'm tightening up the clearances on the xr gears and taking it super easy until I get an scx upper.

I used Max Machine they would have me check it every 50 hrs. And keep an eye out for the fuzz on the magnet. The midrange on the 5 blade is night and day compared to the bravo, the bummer is that whipple makes all the torque by 4000rpm. The dash looks awesome I want those switch bezels I will have to call candy.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Boat's gonna be awesome Deano:thumbsup. Got the new engine in it yet?

Nice talking with you last weekend.

Deano

Reaction score
Boat's gonna be awesome Deano:thumbsup. Got the new engine in it yet?

Nice talking with you last weekend.

Same here, David. Good seeing you again and meeting the infamous Beermaker. Glad they got that fire out!
Taking the engine out tomorrow and getting it ready for the new and improved. Have an Imco SCX coming as an early Christmas present too.
Hopefully have it ready in....two weeks.:)
I'm still trying to figure out if the whipple will fit under the hatch so I can just fix the hole and re-cover it while the engine is getting installed. Or it could be another...two weeks after that! I may be bumming rides and wiping boats for a month or so.

nowski

Reaction score
Same here, David. Good seeing you again and meeting the infamous Beermaker. Glad they got that fire out!
Taking the engine out tomorrow and getting it ready for the new and improved. Have an Imco SCX coming as an early Christmas present too.
Hopefully have it ready in....two weeks.:)
I'm still trying to figure out if the whipple will fit under the hatch so I can just fix the hole and re-cover it while the engine is getting installed. Or it could be another...two weeks after that! I may be bumming rides and wiping boats for a month or so.
Dean, are you sure that (Imco SCX) wasn't a belated Christmas present from last Christmas? That's what my angle would be. I'll probably see you on the water but probably for a split second...

Deano

Reaction score
Dean, are you sure that (Imco SCX) wasn't a belated Christmas present from last Christmas? That's what my angle would be. I'll probably see you on the water but probably for a split second...
Whatever will work! I'm using every angle I can. Should be a nice cruiser when it's done.

Deano

Reaction score
Seadek showed up. Looks pretty good. uploadfromtaptalk1465775200070.jpg
ATTACH]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1465775236183.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1465775236183.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 125

Deano

Reaction score
Hello, quick question,
Can sea dek be installed over nonskid? Is it a peel andstick application or is there an adhesive that needs to be applied.
Thanks in advance!
It's a peel and stick. I'm installing it over non skid. It's a good idea to stick it down just past the non skid edge so you get a good seal. Or maybe use some sylicone on the edge to prevent water getting under.
It's still a new thing for me and custom service is non existent at sea dek and their vendor. I tried to talk to them about where they were digitizing around latches etc and I didn't hear back until it was cut. Several weeks later!
Very unprofessional company. I expect more for my $3,500. Hopefully it fits.

Deano

Reaction score
Made some good progress the last couple weeks.
Engine was tuned on Pfaff's dyno and made 1057 at 5700 rpm with 10lbs boost. Had is out on Elsinore late Friday tuning then off to Havasu.
It's a solid runner now with the 555 and SCX combo.
Still have to redo the hatch, adjust the pickups, and a few other things.
20160702_103148.jpg

Also installed the Seadek. It turned out nice.
20160703_113739.jpg
20160703_113747.jpg

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
We're you cruising around steamboat this last weekend? Swear i saw this boat.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
Well, you sir have a beautiful boat. Caught the eye of a few guys on our boat.

Deano

Reaction score
Well, you sir have a beautiful boat. Caught the eye of a few guys on our boat.

Thank you. I appreciate it. Still have some things to do, but it's turning out pretty nice.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It's a peel and stick. I'm installing it over non skid. It's a good idea to stick it down just past the non skid edge so you get a good seal. Or maybe use some sylicone on the edge to prevent water getting under.
It's still a new thing for me and custom service is non existent at sea dek and their vendor. I tried to talk to them about where they were digitizing around latches etc and I didn't hear back until it was cut. Several weeks later!
Very unprofessional company. I expect more for my $3,500. Hopefully it fits.
Just put this in my Nordic deck over 4th of July weekend. I went through the test fit stage with mine to ensure pattern was spot on, the teak lines add a whole other dimension of exactness.
I had just the opposite experience with excellent customer service, quick responses to my queries.
uploadfromtaptalk1469498478751.jpg

Deano

Reaction score
Just put this in my Nordic deck over 4th of July weekend. I went through the test fit stage with mine to ensure pattern was spot on, the teak lines add a whole other dimension of exactness.
I had just the opposite experience with excellent customer service, quick responses to my queries.
View attachment 500517
Nice. I'm definitely happy with the outcome. I like it a lot more than carpet.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Nice. I'm definitely happy with the outcome. I like it a lot more than carpet.
Had my real first test last week with several people on board and my dog. Lol, she peed on it twice on the ride back down from pirates. Poured a little water over it.
I'm digging mine for sure.[emoji106]

Deano

Reaction score
Still have a couple things that I want to do to this boat then it will be up for sale. Not sure what to ask for it yet.
The 4.0 whippled 555 is super reliable and runs like a 525. (YPM is one of the best builders in the business)
The ITS/SCX combo completes a bullet proof drive train. It's a bad ass boat for sure.
PM me if interested.

Deano

Reaction score
Deano,
Curious what ratio drive and prop did you end up with and how much boost are you running. Just for the sake of comparison.

Thanks Jorge

Hydromotive P5X 32P, SCX drive with a 2" short sportmaster 1.5 ratio and 6,000rpm. 10lbs boost. I have more slip in mid range than I would like, but when
the boat starts flying the prop really starts to catch up. I didn't give the prop enough time to lose more slip at 6k so I think there was a little more in it.
I didn't push it too hard.

conquestdeck

Reaction score
Lol. It's new. Pretty sure 1,100hp gets you over the century mark in almost any boat.

How does the boat plane and perform in the midrange with the 32p. Did you have the standard bravo or only the minus 2. On my boat the minus 2 felt much more unstable above 75mph. Just trying to compare. Thanks

Deano

Reaction score
How does the boat plane and perform in the midrange with the 32p. Did you have the standard bravo or only the minus 2. On my boat the minus 2 felt much more unstable above 75mph. Just trying to compare. Thanks

It has an ITS gimble. The boat will literally jump on a plane if I want it to then the prop breaks free at about 30mph. My mid range
is about 4k=60mph. I'm no expert, but that seems like a pretty high slip number so I'm going to try a Maximus 34P to get more bite.
I've had it over 80 on only three occasions and it was short so It's hard for me to comment on the stability.
GT has the boat now and I'll run it on elsinore some more when I get it back. I'll also calibrate that speedo for jstnoc. :)

conquestdeck

Reaction score
It has an ITS gimble. The boat will literally jump on a plane if I want it to then the prop breaks free at about 30mph. My mid range
is about 4k=60mph. I'm no expert, but that seems like a pretty high slip number so I'm going to try a Maximus 34P to get more bite.
I've had it over 80 on only three occasions and it was short so It's hard for me to comment on the stability.
GT has the boat now and I'll run it on elsinore some more when I get it back. I'll also calibrate that speedo for jstnoc. :)[/QUOT
Make sense the added leverage from the ITS allows the shorter lower to help your top speed. Let us know what happens when you test at Elsinore. My boat is also at Gt having some gel work done.

jstnoc

Reaction score
Let me know when your ready to sell me that speedo [emoji41]

Deano

Reaction score
Let me know when your ready to sell me that speedo [emoji41]

I'm ready to sell it connected to the boat for 75K. I have over 100k into her. Let me know.

the510

Reaction score
i feel like someone will be getting a sweet true 100MPH deck boat for a really afordable price..... post some pics. maybe ill change my mind and buy it.

Deano

Reaction score
i feel like someone will be getting a sweet true 100MPH deck boat for a really afordable price..... post some pics. maybe ill change my mind and buy it.

I'm hoping to get some photos of the boat next week and officially put it out there. It's bad ass.

the510

Reaction score
what's the status on this beautiful rig? did you sell it?

Deano

Reaction score
what's the status on this beautiful rig? did you sell it?

No. I'm going to run it this season.
Just picked up a 34P Maximus for it to replace the 32P P5X. I didn't have enough prop..

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
How did things go with the 5 blade 34? What rpm did you max at and did you push for a top speed? Beautiful boat. Enjoyed reading this build

Deano

Reaction score
How did things go with the 5 blade 34? What rpm did you max at and did you push for a top speed? Beautiful boat. Enjoyed reading this build

Thank you. The 34 maximus was an awesome prop. I took the boat out once and I was so happy with it that I installed one of those prop lock nuts. I took it out the next day and the prop fell off the boat in a cove!! Unbelievable! I have no idea happened. I torqued it down so who knows.. I am a diver and have gear, but the area is pretty big so I was going to go out this winter when things are calm and look for it. (don't ask where it is :) )
I had people in the boat so I didn't get a chance to open it up or record any data, but I liked everything it did. It came on plane with ease and pulled the 34 no problem. It also carried the bow really nice without a bunch of trim.
The 32 P5X is back on and I'm okay with that.
The trailer is in the process of a total rebuild and paint (gray). I'll post some pictures of that when it's done.

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Deano how are you liking the SeaDek???

After the fact is there anything you'd change or do different?

I just picked up a Domin8er deck and I was thinking of doing the same but wanted to hear from a few people how it holds up to the drunks and kids before i spend 3k on some sticky foam! Hahaha

Deano

Reaction score
Deano how are you liking the SeaDek???

After the fact is there anything you'd change or do different?

I just picked up a Domin8er deck and I was thinking of doing the same but wanted to hear from a few people how it holds up to the drunks and kids before i spend 3k on some sticky foam! Hahaha
I haven't had much time on it, but I like it so far. It has some cushion on your feet and seems to be pretty tuff.
It gets hot like gray carpet. Nothing a quick hosedown doesn't help.