WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This is going in all my cars, trucks and boats.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Maybe this is old news but it is new to me. Buddy of mine showed it to me the other day. He's a self sufficient kind of guy who used to spend his younger days traipsing around Baja surfing and had to be self reliant. Its a silicone tape developed for the military for on the road repairs. He blew a power steering hose and wrapped this stuff around it and it sealed it right up. It's been on there for 2 weeks now. (He's running a test on it, has the new hose.) Thought the inmates might find it useful. It's goin in all my stuff.
http://www.xtremetape.com/

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Are the prices a secret ? Could not find a place that showed prices .......

TLAW719

Reaction score
That's pretty bad ass. I'm gonna have to buy some now.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Found it on amazon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454637676.627696.jpg

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score

Bottom of the website, secure shopping. Click there. It will bring up a list of items. Look at the item you want, move over to where the price should be, click on the dollar sign, it will bring up another list, scroll down, prices are there. Too much work to find pricing. Sheesh.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I bought some a couple years ago at the LA Boat show. It's no bullshit, it works pretty good. Fixed a broken pool line, and a couple air hoses that leaked [emoji106]

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I keep one in my truck tool kit just as an emergency.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
a knock off of rescue tape! rescue tape came on the scene in the early 2000s. I bought some in 05 at the boat show. when applied properly it could hold back like 1200 psi and could insulate up to like 6000 volts. the stuff is great when in a pinch.

72Hondo

Reaction score
We use it all the time in aviation, it's been used for years, even before the 2000s

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Bought some at the bostshow, pretty impressive product

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
We use it all the time in aviation, it's been used for years, even before the 2000s

That disturbs me. Planes should not be "fixed" with tape....and neither should cars. If things are maintained properly, there should never be a need for flex-seal in roll form. While I've seen (never had) a failure that this could solve, all could have been preventable with appropriate maintenance. I figured the aviation industry was a bit better than that.

Cool product, but it's meant to fix bullet holes in shit, not that 30 year old hose that you were too cheap to replace 10 years ago when it became harder than the steel pipe it was attached too

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
I'm going to give it a try if you stand behind it

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They have it a Orvac. Shit is fucking Expensive!!! :yikes

Jimmy

Reaction score
We use that 3M self amalgamating tape at work on our 1000v cables when the operators damage them.
We probley don't us the military grade stuff, but you can submerge the cable in water without a problem.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
That disturbs me. Planes should not be "fixed" with tape....and neither should cars. If things are maintained properly, there should never be a need for flex-seal in roll form. While I've seen (never had) a failure that this could solve, all could have been preventable with appropriate maintenance. I figured the aviation industry was a bit better than that.

Cool product, but it's meant to fix bullet holes in shit, not that 30 year old hose that you were too cheap to replace 10 years ago when it became harder than the steel pipe it was attached too

bawaahaha, you've never had a brand new part fail...

72Hondo

Reaction score

It's actually not used to fix anything. They use it to wrap wire bundles. Some are fire resistant or burn resistant.

500bbc

Reaction score
Rescue tape, works great. Just don't buy the cheap ass shit from Home Depot.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Been using similar stuff for years now. It's pretty impressive stuff and works really well for most applications. Not that easy to use but if done right will get you out of a bind.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Yup, using a different brand that is a little cheaper over joints in my wiring harnesses. It adds a second waterproof layer to what should be already waterproof. A little insurance is good for the peace of mind when you know water is going to be an issue. I've been using it for years.

Chopperman

Reaction score

It's actually not used to fix anything. They use it to wrap wire bundles. Some are fire resistant or burn resistant.

Same here, been using it on helicopters for years. Used to call it cherry tape, or pressure tape in the military. It's good shit.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
bawaahaha, you've never had a brand new part fail...

Not one that could be fixed with tape...you? I try to avoid buying crap parts, so in all honesty, I can't remember a time when a new OE part failed prematurely, not counting GM fuel pumps...GM fuel pumps are consumables, like tires and air filters.

72Hondo

Reaction score
You should see what aviation does with speed tape....

Havasteve

Reaction score
It's just good old elecrtical Melding tape. Been around for ever. Used to make up high voltage motor peckerhead connections. Stretch it, wrap it and it is solid rubber.