WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Go to Golf Cart mechanic

riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
I just picked up a club car limo gas powered not sure of the history of it but I'm looking for someone to go through it make sure everything is sound and possibly do some mods to its (lift,wheels,tires,paint) who's the go to guy I'm located in High Desert
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455072170.617331.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Get ready to spend some serious cash.

Tank

Reaction score
Then hopefully it'll offset the customization. But I've been around custom carts for a while and unless you're willing to do the work yourself and hunt for the best deals (online usually) you're going to pay crazy prices. Like 1k for front end long travel. 600 for nice large rims tires, etc. it gets expensive quick.

riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
Then hopefully it'll offset the customization. But I've been around custom carts for a while and unless you're willing to do the work yourself and hunt for the best deals (online usually) you're going to pay crazy prices. Like 1k for front end long travel. 600 for nice large rims tires, etc. it gets expensive quick.

I've been doing some research on lifts and rims found some decent prices I mainly want to make sure the motor and dive line is sound don't want something that I'm going to have bring back and forth constantly

Tank

Reaction score
I've been doing some research on lifts and rims found some decent prices I mainly want to make sure the motor and dive line is sound don't want something that I'm going to have bring back and forth constantly

Just be careful about taking the governor off the stock motor. They burn oil like you read about when the gov is off and they tend to float the valves which all leads to the motor seizing rather quickly. Seen it happen a few times.

I would highly suggest picking up a 24 Hp Honda or Briggs and slap it in. After that thing is lifted and loaded with people the extra HP will be appreciated.

Keep us posted on your progress. I love those big ol 8 seaters. I don't think one would fit in my garage or else I'd get one over my 6 seater.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Exactly what Tank said about adjusting the governor too high. There are clutch upgrades that will help when it's loaded down but will NOT be anywhere near as good as a Briggs or Honda upgrade but way less money too. Did you do a compression test? If compression is good, just give it full tune up, change the oil, change the fluid in the rear diff, grease it up and go. These motors run forever when cared for decently.