WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best work gloves?

Joker

Reaction score
So I've been buying gloves from a company out of Bakersfield called 212 Performance Gloves( touch brand). I'm not sure $21.00 for a pair is the best deal for a durable construction glove without using leather. Any suggestions?
The gloves at Home Dump seem to last a day before they tear.

riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
I use the wells Lamont nitrile coated Costco got them righT now for 9.99 for 12 I buy 2-3 packs and I'm good for a year I do commercial refrigeration so they go through a lot

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
for work I use a brand called super pig. they are a full leather gauntlet cuff. cuff comes about mid forearm. I deal with grease and oils all day long and I can stretch a pair over a month if I'm careful. they soak up oils and grease really well. I pay about 40 a dozen. HD crap will last me days! if I'm lucky. been using them for 15 years. can only find them in 1 place in city of Industry. then again I haven't looked very hard online since I can just do a drive by and get them. they are big fitting for easy on and off and have a suede feel to them. not sure what type of fabric they are to be honest. they are thick too. I've had a few pair rip at certain seams a few time but I'm sure a few get past QC every so often. idk what type you wear in reference to actual fit obviously but if you work with tight form fitting gloves these probably wouldn't work for you. I can post a picture tomorrow from work unless I get called out tonight.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

Joker

Reaction score
for work I use a brand called super pig. they are a full leather gauntlet cuff. cuff comes about mid forearm. I deal with grease and oils all day long and I can stretch a pair over a month if I'm careful. they soak up oils and grease really well. I pay about 40 a dozen. HD crap will last me days! if I'm lucky. been using them for 15 years. can only find them in 1 place in city of Industry. then again I haven't looked very hard online since I can just do a drive by and get them. they are big fitting for easy on and off and have a suede feel to them. not sure what type of fabric they are to be honest. they are thick too. I've had a few pair rip at certain seams a few time but I'm sure a few get past QC every so often. idk what type you wear in reference to actual fit obviously but if you work with tight form fitting gloves these probably wouldn't work for you. I can post a picture tomorrow from work unless I get called out tonight.

Thanks Andrew. Yes, I'm looking for something that's fairly snug and stitched tight enough so they won't tear. The 212 performance gloves never have come apart.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I just looked up the 212 gloves. they look alot like the mechanix type gloves. I've tried these types before. they last about a weak in my application.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I just looked up the 212 gloves. they look alot like the mechanix type gloves. I've tried these types before. they last about a weak in my application.

I think they are a company of mechanix gloves. Their both in Valencia.

SuperJet

Reaction score
Look up U-Line my buddy works for Otis elevators and uses one of their handler lines. Rubber palms and are real tight so you can still grab/pick things up....... Other than that I wear tig welding gloves almost all the time when fabricating parts at work

milkmoney

Reaction score
I use the wells Lamont nitrile coated Costco got them righT now for 9.99 for 12 I buy 2-3 packs and I'm good for a year I do commercial refrigeration so they go through a lot

I also use wells Lamont , all leather with reinforced Palm, but then again I deal with shit all day. [emoji202][emoji2]

P.s. Didn't know u worked hard enough to use gloves [emoji12]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Little north of you Vic.. Seattle/Tacoma area.;)

My best friend is moving to Washington March 1st. He'll be looking for work. Great hand. Does it all but framing and drywall is our specialty. He's my partner on all my side jobs. I'm going to miss him but I'm happy he's doing what's right for his little family.

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
Im very hard on shit.I have huge hands.I have had Mechanix Impact gloves for yrs.Not one sign of a tear anywhere.One of the best made,durable work gloves ive ever used.

HitIt

Reaction score
I'm a remodel contractor/interior finish guy. I wear these almost daily and like the fact they fit tight and you still can feel what you're trying to do. I get them by the dozen, one pair lasts a month or so.
http://www.atg-glovesolutions.com/en/maxiflex-3/maxiflex-ultimate%E2%84%A2-8/34-874-34/

Those look nice. Seems like they have a bunch of different coating/material combos. Which have you tried? Which do you like the best? Looks like you can get some of the styles through Amazon.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What company and area you work for?

HitIt

Reaction score
My recommendation would be about as useful as RD's. :D

51gO8Sj6uHL._AC_UL200_SR160,200_.jpg

Yellowboat

Reaction score
the pair that fit well.

I have long fingers compared to my hand size. a med pair of gloves hits my hands, but are always 1/2-3/4" too short.

find a pair that fit "like a glove" and go from there.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
My best friend is moving to Washington March 1st. He'll be looking for work. Great hand. Does it all but framing and drywall is our specialty. He's my partner on all my side jobs. I'm going to miss him but I'm happy he's doing what's right for his little family.
He should do well.. Lots of work up here right now.

Those look nice. Seems like they have a bunch of different coating/material combos. Which have you tried? Which do you like the best? Looks like you can get some of the styles through Amazon.
I've only tried the ones in the link. Honestly that's the first time I've been to the website and didn't know they had all those different options. My wife gets them for me through her work. $40/dozen I think.