WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Beaching your boat

nowski

Reaction score
I can get a pretty good bag of weed for what they want for a nice anchor :D
You could get a bigger bag with the money saved by using the anchor and not having to re-gel...

707dog

Reaction score
Beach away !

The dark color of my boat shows a little more than previous boats boats but I still beach.

I just had Rons quote (1300) me a redo on the gel and it's going in for a freshen up right after AJ finishes the service and a few little maintenance items - it will be ready to go before DS.

To me the bottom is a wear and tear item - just like replacing tires on the truck.

thats a good price i may have drag my boat to the desert to get mine fixed locals are silly priced or i just havnt call the right places! i beached my deck boat but it had a keel guard other than that never i use a bungy anchor at the beach, the OG owner of my hallett used to beach it at mead older guy and grand kids made it easier its the only part of my boat that i truly hate:grumble: till i fix it

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
You could get a bigger bag with the money saved by using the anchor and not having to re-gel...
I'll get stoned and fix it :D

Did all the work myself :tbi

Before

Aristocrat 01.jpg

Aristocrat Before 00.jpg

After

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Anchoring is a pain in the ass. If there is a little bit of sand and no big rocks, boat is getting beached.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
That is average for sponsons. Ron over the phone gave me 1000-1600 depending on wear. Also said it could be lower or higher (give take 300).

Can you sling us his number, or shop name. I know it's been posted before but I can't find it. Isn't it Ron's Fiberglass and Repair or something???

Hold the phone... Ron's In Your Face Audio??

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I've been beaching mostly in the sand for almost eight years, a little dull but no black showing. If it gets bad I'll have it fixed.:thumbsup

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
I beach the shit out of mine all the time. As a matter of fact when I run it up on the beach and it's not quite "Set" i just power it on another foot or so and........................I have absolutely NO gel coat damage :rolleyes

Singleton

Reaction score
I beach the shit out of mine all the time. As a matter of fact when I run it up on the beach and it's not quite "Set" i just power it on another foot or so and........................I have absolutely NO gel coat damage :rolleyes

But it takes you hours to get to the Springs and Topock is a day's trip :)

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
I beach mine all the time. The keel gets scratched sure, but you can't see it unless you lay on the ground and look up at it. I just had mine re done for the first time after 43 years.:rolleyes I guess I'm set for a while longer now:cool

Steve

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Reading all the replies makes me happy with going with a pontoon. 😎

milkmoney

Reaction score

Lol. Those are the best boats to hitch a ride on [emoji202][emoji41]