WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Superbowl 50 flyover from the Cockpit

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
So impressive...can't believe they take off that close.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
I remember seeing them and other military jets take off from burbank airport when i worked there. Pretty awesome, loud as shit though!

nowski

Reaction score
Did anyone see the part where they dropped the bomb on the Carolina side lines???

precisiondetails

Reaction score
How many of you all knew that all of Santa Clara air space was closed for the game? Including 2 F15s patrolling the area.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
How many of you all knew that all of Santa Clara air space was closed for the game? Including 2 F15s patrolling the area.
The super bowl is covered by what is known as a TFR. Essentially closes down a thirty mile radius chunk of airspace unless a pilot asks "pretty please".

JB in so cal

Reaction score
The super bowl is covered by what is known as a TFR. Essentially closes down a thirty mile radius chunk of airspace unless a pilot asks "pretty please".

And inside or very close to that TFR are San Jose, Oakland and SFO...:yikes

How about in 10 years the SB will be in Inglewood...right below LAX approach?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
And inside or very close to that TFR are San Jose, Oakland and SFO...:yikes

How about in 10 years the SB will be in Inglewood...right below LAX approach?
The scheduled airlines don't have to worry about it. They are already squwaking and talking.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Love flying formation 👍 image.jpg image.jpg

cnj

Reaction score
Used to watch them from my flat-top garage roof in Laguna Hills back in the mid-nineties, when El Toro was still active. Hell of a show, but good GOD were they loud!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

Have you seen what Obama does to airspace where he travels!? TFRs on top of TFRs on top of TFRs. Completely shuts down vfr traffic.

Every large gathering of people generates a TFR. any dodger game, staples center game, usc game etc. there are permanent TFRs over Disney land and Disney world.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Have you seen what Obama does to airspace where he travels!? TFRs on top of TFRs on top of TFRs. Completely shuts down vfr traffic.

Every large gathering of people generates a TFR. any dodger game, staples center game, usc game etc. there are permanent TFRs over Disney land and Disney world.

Yep, been dealing with VIP TFRs since shortly after 9/11. The general public would riot if the same thing happened with cars but since it only affects rich guys in airplanes not a big deal.

Stadium TFRs aren't quite as big a deal. Disney TFR is all about them keeping banner tows from flying over the parks.

But I don't want to distract from the cool video posted, which was bad ass.

riverrunner1984

Reaction score
Wonder what it would cost, or whom you would have to talk into in order to get a ride in a fighter jet? :thumbsup

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Wonder what it would cost, or whom you would have to talk into in order to get a ride in a fighter jet? :thumbsup

I hitched a ride in a F-18 super hornet last summer. But that's because my bro is a back seater/instructor and I'm a graduate of naval flight school so all the paperwork was already in order ;) badass for sure, but I wouldn't want to do it for a living