WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's the best way to buff this out?

AuggieBenDoggie

Reaction score
Any idea what I should use to try and polish up the back end of the Schiada? Can I even polish it out?

It's from sitting in the lake before we had the hydra hoist.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456960698.392845.jpg

AuggieBenDoggie

Reaction score
That's a great video. I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for posting it.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Following.

This is what I have.

image_21934.jpg

Should I apply compound with a foam pad?

image_21022.jpg

or a terry cloth?

image_15066.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Unless you have a variable speed Milwaukee. :D

Use a high quality wool pad and try a 3M product called "Finesse-It." It has a very mild compound in it and you simple spread a small amount on the surface, and then use the corner of the wheel to buff the compound into the gelcoat. Don't get aggressive with the pressure on the buffer because you can get the gelcoat too hot. Try the slowwr speeds because if you run it too fast, you just throw compound all over the place and make a mess. Just work a small area at a time. Clean the pad often because it will gum up with the compound. Just use the end of a wooden handled paintbrush and clean the pad. I've tried other products and some work pretty well but I seem to drift back to 3M. If that product doesn't work for you, you can try something a little more aggressive but be careful. The gelcoat isn't real thick and you can burn right through it using a more aggressive compound.

rush1

Reaction score
Unless you have a variable speed Milwaukee. :D

Use a high quality wool pad and try a 3M product called "Finesse-It." It has a very mild compound in it and you simple spread a small amount on the surface, and then use the corner of the wheel to buff the compound into the gelcoat. Don't get aggressive with the pressure on the buffer because you can get the gelcoat too hot. Try the slowwr speeds because if you run it too fast, you just throw compound all over the place and make a mess. Just work a small area at a time. Clean the pad often because it will gum up with the compound. Just use the end of a wooden handled paintbrush and clean the pad. I've tried other products and some work pretty well but I seem to drift back to 3M. If that product doesn't work for you, you can try something a little more aggressive but be careful. The gelcoat isn't real thick and you can burn right through it using a more aggressive compound.

This is 100% spot on :thumbup: