WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

spindle replacement

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
hey guys, i keep eating bearing on the 3rd axle. Looking at the spindles they are kinda beat up. I know i could buy new axle but none of the newer stuff seems to be as beefy as what i have. So where could i take my axle and have new spindles put on? i commute from basically irvine to monrovia for work so im open to what ever area has someone good thats capable of doing it.

thanks.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Boat trailer right?

Have you looked into mobile spindle repair?

Brian

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Yep boat trailer. They will replace them? I thought they just repaired

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Im trying to think of what could be beat up on the spindle to eat a bearing.

Unless the seal surface is messed up....

How about switching bearing manufactures?

Im not seeing it.

Brian

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
i think the races have spun a few times on the spindle and they dont seat on very good. and the ridge for the inside bearing has been chewed up from bearing failures. so between bearing races spinning on spindle and able to kind of ride up the ridge, its playing havoc on the bearings. the seal ridge is good. doesnt seem to have any issue sealing.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense.

I would call a mobile spindle place and see what they say.

Brian

i think the races have spun a few times on the spindle and they dont seat on very good. and the ridge for the inside bearing has been chewed up from bearing failures. so between bearing races spinning on spindle and able to kind of ride up the ridge, its playing havoc on the bearings. the seal ridge is good. doesnt seem to have any issue sealing.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
in the picture. the red line points to what should be a straight up and down but on mine its sloped/rounded off from bearing failures spindle.jpg . the orange line seems to be smaller than it should be as if races have spun on it and wore it out.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yep,

I guess I wasn't sure when you said "ate a bearing" that it damaged the axle.

in the picture. the red line points to what should be a straight up and down but on mine its sloped/rounded off from bearing failures. the orange line seems to be smaller than it should be as if races have spun on it and wore it out.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Its been that way for a while. i have to really crank down on the nut to keep the wheel from wobbling. but then its to tight. found one of the mobile sites in ontario just a few miles from work. ill call them and find out if i can just drop it off at their shop.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Ok. Just called axle als in ontario. He says it's to small for him to deal with.

Backlash

Reaction score
Can you find a replacement spindle and just have the old spindle removed and the new welded in??

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Sorry, just an idea I had.
That's what I'm wanting as the newer axles aren't as beefy. Found a place. Got their number but not the name. Guy says that's what they do or they can build an all new one that is identical.

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
A couple of more options would be Shadow Trailers in Cypress or Orange Trailer Hitch & Repair in Orange.