WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Aluminum 621 cu in Turbo Engine

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Still waiting on the turbo transitions to be finished and then I can finish the cold side turbo plumbing.

If you run into trouble my friend at Free Lance West might be able to help you out.

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stevie.... It is going 4 years now and I don't know how many years I have left:grumble: If ya need some help I have the guy for ya:D Needles is coming up fast...:party2:

Steve

steveo143

Reaction score
Target date is next year's Enduro. Steve Yoder is about finished with the turbo transitions, dry sump pan is off for starter clearance mods, Hull is at OC Fiberglass for major mods and total redo. Gotta stop fixin' v-drives and start working on my own shit!

steveo143

Reaction score
Extending the center strakes to the transom and making a flat section cut out of the V between them going up to the strut, Balsa floors, new stringers, gel coat inside. I capped it but it is getting a complete regell. A lot of work! Bottom mods are per George Shilala, AZ GEO here.

vdcruiser

Reaction score
Any idea when the hull mods will be complete, I would love to see some pics of that.

steveo143

Reaction score
I will go by next week to check on the progress, haven't been by since I paid a deposit about 6 weeks ago. I need to draw out exactly what I want on the bottom as the strakes are going to taper off in width as they get closer to the transom. Also going for a very heavy 'orange peel' on the gel for the bottom. Might work!

Roaddogg 4040

Reaction score
Hey Steve, if you are still waiting for the turbo parts I can give Tommy a call and he can get em done in less than a year GUARANTEED... lol:p

Steve

steveo143

Reaction score
Hey Steve, if you are still waiting for the turbo parts I can give Tommy a call and he can get em done in less than a year GUARANTEED... lol:p

Steve

I bought a tig welder for the shop, My big machine is up at CFW. I can do this shit myself now! Went by OC Fiberglass thurs. and it is looking good! 4 new beautiful stringers and another 3/4" added to the transom. The V is getting leveled out next and then it gets flipped for the all the bottom mods in about a week. The stringers and their installation looks better than when it was new! They like it when I bring them a wad of new hundys!

steveo143

Reaction score
So, about two more weeks eh?:cool:D

Steve

For the turbo transitions, maybe! Actually I have been so busy with v-drive BS that I don't have time to work on my own shit. Still haven't gotten the Schiada converted to EFI yet.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
How is Steveo ?

Anyone talk to him lately ?

Good guy ........

SFV2RVR

Registered Parker Legend
Reaction score
How is Steveo ?

Anyone talk to him lately ?

Good guy ........

I ran into a guy in Bakersfield a couple weeks back and he said they were selling his parts off. I don?t think he?s doing good at all.

28skater

Reaction score
Steveo wasn't doing well when I saw him earlier this year..Hopefully he gets better :thumbup:

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I have this engine at my shop to clean up (oil pan was left off for a long time,,, don't ask!) and prepare to sell for the family. I did a mock up today, need to work out a reasonable price, either as it is, or with me tearing it down and completely cleaning it up. Note that if someone wanted an awesome NA engine, the compression would be great for pump gas with a cam change while it's apart being cleaned up. It's never been run, all parts are new, so only will need a couple of replacement gaskets.
IMG_20180116_162742_275 (2).jpg
IMG_20180116_162727_941 (2).jpg
IMG_20180116_162757_888 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
So how much we talking? I bet the vector would really wake up with that set up. AJ May have to fine tune my drive to handle that:D

obnoxious001

Reaction score
So how much we talking? I bet the vector would really wake up with that set up. AJ May have to fine tune my drive to handle that:D
Even without the turbos I would guess this might make 900 hp or so. I want to discuss selling price with Steve's son before I say anything. It has the injector rails and two injectors per cylinder, along with a computer to run it all.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Even without the turbos I would guess this might make 900 hp or so. I want to discuss selling price with Steve's son before I say anything. It has the injector rails and two injectors per cylinder, along with a computer to run it all.

You got my number, if price is right I may be interested, don’t really care for the turbo set up, to tall for the vector. If I did turbos I’d switch to low profile set up

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Steve's son Ron is asking $30K for the entire turbo project, includes computer, injectors and rails, I think maybe the coil packs, but we don't have the transition tubes from turbo to intercooler, or throttle bodies.

He said he would also sell just the long engine for $20k, which would include the dry sump pan, pump and tank, but no intake manifold. Cam should get swapped out or reground to run NA as well.

28skater

Reaction score
That would be a cool N/A motor hidden under a hatch..

obnoxious001

Reaction score
That would be a cool N/A motor hidden under a hatch..
Yes, similar to the 615 cu in alloy engine I rebuilt for "Outdrive1". We put a bit more compression in his as he wanted to run AV gas and gain a bit of power.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
I have been out of touch for a bit and just heard about Steveo..... Huge bummer when a man's toys get sold off:(:(