GPM - Top

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dreaming of the lake Flying_Lavey's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,932 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by JRS1939 View Post
    Attachment 475131

Hellllllllooooo stock shock tower! !!
    Ya, what happened? And why are shocks spun 180 degrees or switched sides (can't really tell which from the pics)?

"Hops, Props, and no Tops!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiverDave View Post
    Computers are just an expensive desk lamp to me.. LOL

RD

Thanks
    Thanked 117 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by JRS1939 View Post
    Attachment 475131

Hellllllllooooo stock shock tower! !!

Seen this and the car that broke is not even close to stock and it has been reworked from a crash; long travel desert race YXZ with huge tires, just a bit outside of design specs if I had to guess.

Thanks
    Thanked 117 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Patyacht View Post
    There is a reason they just reduced the MSRP. The ones we have riding with us around Havasu can't go in some places like rock crawling like the RZR'S and Can-Am's do. I hear they are OK in Glamis but that's about it. Get the better clutch also.
    I heard the same thing and the clutch going south. I have also seen pics of these things crawling pretty well even without the Rekluse. Some cars are being heavily modified also with clutches and gear reducers.

Thanks
    Thanked 117 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_Lavey View Post
    Ya, what happened? And why are shocks spun 180 degrees or switched sides (can't really tell which from the pics)?
    http://www.prpseats.com/jeremiah-sta...00-race-recap/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigQ For This Useful Post:

Dylan (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,238 Times
    Don't have one, but driven them a couple of times .

Great car on hardpack dirt!

In the dunes you have to keep it boiling like a 2 stroke dirt bike.

Its "tippy"

UD

Thanks
    Thanked 896 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQ View Post
    Seen this and the car that broke is not even close to stock and it has been reworked from a crash; long travel desert race YXZ with huge tires, just a bit outside of design specs if I had to guess.
    The driver wrote that they "hit something really hard" , and apparently it was hard enough to knock the radio harness plug out of its socket. I would bet they stuffed the front end into a big whoop, and bottomed both shocks simultaneously. Doesn't look like they are running bump stops, so the full force of the bottoming out was transferred to the shock mount welds.

Thanks
    Thanked 60 Times
    Tubeworks makes the 70% lower first gear and (i think) 30% lower over stock 2-5 range gear set. Included in the upgrade is the increased clutch oiling system that prevents clutch failure. Look up Tubeworks.com for info.

***also visit Wellerracing.com, they are a dealer, and ran that set up at this years King of the Hammers. YXZ crawling with no clutch issues. ***
    Last edited by Fabhouse; 04-17-2016 at 06:59 PM. Reason: more info

Thanks
    Thanked 117 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabhouse View Post
    Tubeworks makes the 70% lower first gear and (i think) 30% lower over stock 2-5 range gear set. Included in the upgrade is the increased clutch oiling system that prevents clutch failure. Look up Tubeworks.com for info.

***also visit Wellerracing.com, they are a dealer, and ran that set up at this years King of the Hammers. YXZ crawling with no clutch issues. ***
    The serious crawlers are running TubeWorks and the Rekluse is the way to go from what i hear.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigQ For This Useful Post:

SJP (04-22-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 216 Times
    I've had one for several months, put about 500 miles on it and love it. Great for hauling ass in the desert, up steep desert terrain, and dunes. As others have said here, the gearing is tall, but if you want to crawl, Tubeworks has a 70% 1sst and 30% 2nd-5th gear reduction, that comes with improved clutch lubrication and a tap for an external Trans cooler. Yxztalk is the most complete forum if you are interested.

Upgrades I've done...
    1. Street legal kit for AZ.
    2. 14x8 Method Racing Beadlock wheels and 28" x 10.5 Tensor Regulator tires.
    3. PRP 5.3 harnesses.
    4. Safety Cage upgrades
    5. 2" wheel spacers
    6. LED light bar

Planned:
    Weller Racing (Desert Tuned) Suspension, complete exhaust, and ECU tune are all I plan to do.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  57.2 KB
    Last edited by AZRiverRunner; 04-25-2016 at 09:46 AM.
    2000 Lavey 24 NewEra 502 Mag MPI - for sale
    2017 Howard 288 Sport Deck

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AZRiverRunner For This Useful Post:

Bigmutha (04-26-2016), Croz (07-19-2017), pronstar (04-25-2016), sfury (04-24-2016), TPC (05-06-2016), UAV.Pilot (04-25-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 117 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRiverRunner View Post
    I've had one for several months, put about 500 miles on it and love it. Great for hauling ass in the desert, up steep desert terrain, and dunes. As others have said here, the gearing is tall, but if you want to crawl, Tubeworks has a 70% 1sst and 30% 2nd-5th gear reduction, that comes with improved clutch lubrication and a tap for an external Trans cooler. Yxztalk is the most complete forum if you are interested.

Upgrades I've done...
    1. Street legal kit for AZ.
    2. 14x8 Method Racing Beadlock wheels and 28" x 10.5 Tensor Regulator tires.
    3. PRP 5.3 harnesses.
    4. Safety Cage upgrades
    5. 2" wheel spacers
    6. LED light bar

Planned:
    Weller Racing (Desert Tuned) Suspension, complete exhaust, and ECU tune are all I plan to do.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  57.2 KB
    Did you do the WR tune yet? curious what you thought.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast