WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

old rigger

Reaction score
My grandparents moved from Paramount to Bullhead in '61 and that's when we started to go to the river. Dad bought a Catalina Conquest the same year, built by a local Long Beach fireman who built 12 or 16 hulls. I can't remember the number now but he and his buddies raced them in the Catalina Ski race every year, hence the name. This was the last one built.
My mom, dad and me on the beach where Laughlin would later be, across the river is Bullhead. They were 21 and 25, I was 5 years old.
I can remember every square inch of that boat, the sounds, the feel and the ride. All the boats I've owned and built since then and that's still my favorite. Dad sold it to my uncle in the late 60's who painted it white and blue. It went to another uncle who sold it to someone in the San Fernando valley. I searched for it in the 80's through the DMV but struck out, figure it was used as a bonfire somewhere. I'd give anything to have it now.

IMG_1645.JPG

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
My grandparents moved from Paramount to Bullhead in '61 and that's when we started to go to the river. Dad bought a Catalina Conquest the same year, built by a local Long Beach fireman who built 12 or 16 hulls. I can't remember the number now but he and his buddies raced them in the Catalina Ski race every year, hence the name. This was the last one built.
My mom, dad and me on the beach where Laughlin would later be, across the river is Bullhead. They were 21 and 25, I was 5 years old.
I can remember every square inch of that boat, the sounds, the feel and the ride. All the boats I've owned and built since then and that's still my favorite. Dad sold it to my uncle in the late 60's who painted it white and blue. It went to another uncle who sold it to someone in the San Fernando valley. I searched for it in the 80's through the DMV but struck out, figure it was used as a bonfire somewhere. I'd give anything to have it now.

thumper1.jpg

Paramount HS class of '65 ............my Dad rode shotgun for a guy that built wood boats in the Catalina race in the '60's, the boat sunk an the Coast Gaurd helicopter had to pluck them outta the e water,.....Dad's 1st an LAST Heli ride !
old rigger.jpg

HST4ME

Reaction score
How cool is that boat! :thumbup: