WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Panama Papers

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Governments across the world began investigating possible financial wrongdoing by the rich and powerful on Monday after a leak of four decades of documents from a Panamanian law firm that specialized in setting up offshore companies.

The "Panama Papers" revealed financial arrangements of global politicians and public figures including friends of Russian President Vladimir Putin, relatives of the prime ministers of Britain, Iceland and Pakistan, and the president of Ukraine.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-panama-tax-idUSKCN0X10C2

Where are the Americans? :hmm

Indicatively with 441 clients, the US is among the countries with the most clients served by Mossack Fonseca.

So who are these 441 clients, and why has the ICIJ decided not to reveal any of them?

Editor of Suddeutsche Zeitung responded to the lack of U.S. individuals in the documents, saying "Just wait for what is coming next" :thumbsup

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-04/mossack-fonseca-has-441-us-clients-who-are-they

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Apparently over a million pages of documents to sift through...this is legal to do but the money trail might lead to some issues.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Nothing but an bunch of redacted senators and representatives and a few presidents. Is this really news?

It is only illegal when the serfs do it.

Brian

Nothing will ever change.................until the elites are hanging from the trees! :thumbup:

Brazil may have a chance, it's a powder keg down there right now.

I haven't seen this on the MSN yet? :hmm

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
If you hold your breath....we'll see you when you wake up from your "nap"

Nothing will ever change.................until the elites are hanging from the trees! :thumbup:

Brazil may have a chance, it's a powder keg down there right now.

I haven't seen this on the MSN yet? :hmm

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Another testimonial to why the "establishment" is scared shitless about a guy like Trump getting into a position of power that could open the doors to multitudes of skeleton filled closets. "Outsiders" to the system that haven't been properly shackled to keep their mouths shut, cannot be let into positions possible to bring down the cozy system so many feed upon.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
If you hold your breath....we'll see you when you wake up from your "nap"

:thumbsup

The Panama bank secrecy leak claimed its first scalp after Icelandic Prime Minister Sigmundur David Gunnlaugsson resigned following revelations about his personal finances.

The development, which was reported by national broadcaster RUV, followed street protests that attracted thousands of Icelanders angered by the alleged tax evasion.

Check out the vid, it's pretty funny watching a fat piece of shit squirm. :thumbsup

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...ancial-dealings-some-worlds-wealthiest-people

530RL

Reaction score
Another testimonial to why the "establishment" is scared shitless about a guy like Trump getting into a position of power that could open the doors to multitudes of skeleton filled closets. "Outsiders" to the system that haven't been properly shackled to keep their mouths shut, cannot be let into positions possible to bring down the cozy system so many feed upon.

I am willing to bet that Trump or his father has had, or has, a Panamanian corporation. It has very favorable liability laws with respect to litigation. Not all Panamanian corporations are for tax purposes.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that Trump or his father has had, or has, a Panamanian corporation. It has very favorable liability laws with respect to litigation. Not all Panamanian corporations are for tax purposes.

Conditioning? :D

I'm all for screwing the government, it's the politicians I want hung.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Snagged another! :thumbsup

Not a politician, but truly a scumbag.

The president of the Chilean branch of Transparency International resigned on Monday after documents from a Panamanian law firm showed he was linked to at least five offshore companies.

For those who are unfamiliar, Transparency International is a German-based organization that seeks to monitor and root out corporate and political corruption worldwide. :rotflmao:

Old Texan

Reaction score

More than likely so, no denying it....But the point is about the system not wanting someone they cannot control or blackmail into keeping their mouth shut.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
I've read that some American bombshells will be dropped soon.

Sandlord

Reaction score
There are over 3500 American LLC's listed from Nevada and Wyoming. Some folks are scrambling as we wait.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

530RL

Reaction score
There are over 3500 American LLC's listed from Nevada and Wyoming. Some folks are scrambling as we wait.

That is just one Panamanian law firm out of a hundred or so firms/private practitioners who provide this service.

If someone owns a plane that they do not fly personally, or a larger boat that they do not operate personally, or a large house in a foreign country or island, a Panamanian Corporations as well as other jurisdictional companies can completely legally help minimize the tax and estate burden of owning these assets.

I am surprised it is only 3500, but that is only one law firm.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
That is just one Panamanian law firm out of a hundred or so firms/private practitioners who provide this service.

If someone owns a plane that they do not fly personally, or a larger boat that they do not operate personally, or a large house in a foreign country or island, a Panamanian Corporations as well as other jurisdictional companies can completely legally help minimize the tax and estate burden of owning these assets.

I am surprised it is only 3500, but that is only one law firm.

Do you pilot Jeff's plane, skipper his boat or both? :D

Hang em all! :thumbup:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
A journalist who led the Panama Papers offshore tax evasion expose was killed today when a bomb blew up her car.

Investigative reporter Daphne Caruana Galizia - dubbed a "one-woman WikiLeaks" - was killed as she was driving near the village of Bidnija in northern Malta.

She had filed a complaint to police a fortnight ago after receiving personal threats to her safety, local media said.

Caruana Galizia ran a hugely popular blog relentlessly highlighting cases of alleged corruption, often involving politicians from the Mediterranean island nation.

In Malta, she had led the coverage of the Panama Papers, a leak of millions of legal documents last year detailing financial details of offshore entities used by the rich and powerful to avoid tax.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/car-bomb-kills-journalist-behind-11352821

Exposing scum is a risky business. :thumbsdown

Godspeed Daphine.

Attachments

• Malta-Blogger-killed-in-car-blast-Valletta-28-Jan-2011.jpg
    Malta-Blogger-killed-in-car-blast-Valletta-28-Jan-2011.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 4

Old Texan

Reaction score
The occupational hazards these investigative reporters face is pretty serious to say the least.....:yikes

By the looks of what remains of her car, they didn't spare any explosives.

500bbc

Reaction score
A journalist who led the Panama Papers offshore tax evasion expose was killed today when a bomb blew up her car.

Investigative reporter Daphne Caruana Galizia - dubbed a "one-woman WikiLeaks" - was killed as she was driving near the village of Bidnija in northern Malta.

She had filed a complaint to police a fortnight ago after receiving personal threats to her safety, local media said.

Caruana Galizia ran a hugely popular blog relentlessly highlighting cases of alleged corruption, often involving politicians from the Mediterranean island nation.

In Malta, she had led the coverage of the Panama Papers, a leak of millions of legal documents last year detailing financial details of offshore entities used by the rich and powerful to avoid tax.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/car-bomb-kills-journalist-behind-11352821

Exposing scum is a risky business. :thumbsdown

Godspeed Daphine.

Another suicide....