WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How much should I to expect to pay for a custom Bimini

Doubled

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 19' Glastron bowrider, I would like to have a custom bimini made approx 10-11' long with a mesh center and matching stripes. I called one place in havasu , I won't name. And about fell over backwards when I heard the price. Any ways, can any of you guys post up a pick of your custom bimini, and maybe share what kind of price I would be looking at. Also recommendations are appreciated.

TBulger

Reaction score
Believe I payed 1200 for the one on my 24 Schiada, but had 2 different positions, that I could move it to. It was nice and I thought reasonable. Your's is pretty big. :)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 19' Glastron bowrider, I would like to have a custom bimini made approx 10-11' long with a mesh center and matching stripes. I called one place in havasu , I won't name. And about fell over backwards when I heard the price. Any ways, can any of you guys post up a pick of your custom bimini, and maybe share what kind of price I would be looking at. Also recommendations are appreciated.

You'll get a much better deal if you order one around Christmas during a 100 year storm.

Right now is their busiest time. Supply and demand will drive the price up. Everyone is highly utilized this time of year.

Call them back Thanksgiving weekend [emoji2]

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score

10-11 foot long, is a pretty big top . That kind of size gets into the 'pontoon, deckboat relm', and as said here, "It's that time of year" .

Stainless tubing and hardware, for the weight; $1300 to $1600, installed .

Deano

Reaction score
I have a white bimini with mesh that came off my conquest. I'm going to be selling it soon. I thinks it's 8 feet.
How far apart (width) are you mounting brackets?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
15/16 installed is going rate. Stainless tubes. Welded. Double bow. Support poles in the rear

Budafuco

Reaction score
I just had mine installed over here in Upland Ca, $1,300 latest and greatest stainless hardware, 3 colors, 7' long, and mesh on the middle color. Best of luck, makes floating in the coves much nicer for the kids.

Attachments

• IMG_4926.jpg
    IMG_4926.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4927.jpg
    IMG_4927.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 287

welldigger00

Reaction score
IMG_1519.jpg
$1400 installed, inside the gunnels, no hardware on the deck. You can see who I did it for, and how pleased she is with it!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
For a 28 magic I have been quoted 2400 so you're getting off cheap.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Looks like I'll definitely be getting either a used one or a production one with aluminum bows for my bucket. I don't even think the hull is worth over 1k as it sits right now.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Having done the many times the only way Ill do it now is with full ss poles all round with aconn connectors.

Ill upgrade to a mesh top to let some wind through next time.

Straps dont hold up for me over time and I have to severely limit my cruising speed.

We had a strapped top let loose in april at about 40-45 in Lil Durrells Superhawk at the river- good thing no one was sitting in back.
The UV had simply killed the strap and when one let loose the the instantly snapped.

Can you strap and strut- sure.. just be honest with yourself about what you want to do and what limitation this will bring

UD

Attachments

• 3 laveys.jpg
    3 laveys.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 295

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Having done the many times the only way Ill do it now is with full ss poles all round with aconn connectors.

Ill upgrade to a mesh top to let some wind through next time.

Straps dont hold up for me over time and I have to severely limit my cruising speed.

We had a strapped top let loose in april at about 40-45 in Lil Durrells Superhawk at the river- good thing no one was sitting in back.
The UV had simply killed the strap and when one let loose the the instantly snapped.

Can you strap and strut- sure.. just be honest with yourself about what you want to do and what limitation this will bring

UD

The only issue I've exerienced with struts all around is as the bimini heats up and stretchs a bit the struts can't adjust and don't hold it as tight as I like. I think the key with straps is replacing them every couple years so you don't get a worn out strap braking on you. My current set up has struts in the rear, straps in the front.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The only issue I've exerienced with struts all around is as the bimini heats up and stretchs a bit the struts can't adjust and don't hold it as tight as I like. I think the key with straps is replacing them every couple years so you don't get a worn out strap braking on you. My current set up has struts in the rear, straps in the front.

Valid point.

I get what you are saying, my setup is such that when I put the bimini up its already under tension it take a bit of force to make the last connection and everything is taught. I did adjust this once however.

With straps, I finds that they are subject to wind harmonics and they buzz and hum at certain speed and this buzz opens up the clip on end slowly.

I also prefer the acon type mount over the mount thats on the gunwale in the boat with the knurled knob on the inside.
The config in the picture is a snag monster with mount constantly in the way.

UD

Attachments

• heat bimini mount.jpg
    heat bimini mount.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 284
Reactions: t&y

Ultra912

Reaction score
My boot couldn't be found when returning to the boat launch. Kids say they never saw it,,,ya right. New boot alone 200.00

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
Valid point.

With straps, I finds that they are subject to wind harmonics and they buzz and hum at certain speed and this buzz opens up the clip on end slowly.

Spin the straps 180, the twist will eliminate most the harmonics issue.

sirbob

Reaction score
Have you looked at west marine or checked out Overtons - bet you can find a generic one for a lot less. If you feel your boat isn't worth spending at that money on, a prefab might be a good option.