WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

1978 Jeep Golden Eagle 304 V8, Turbo 400, Rare Quadra Track 4x4

PaPaG

Reaction score
I think I may be selling my Rare 1978 CJ7 Jeep Golden Eagle with Quadra-Trac, 304 V8, TH 400 trans with low lock, new BFG MUDDERS (over 1K), Hard top and doors, GOES UP ANY HILL, goes through sandy beaches like its is nothing, Fresh Carb Rebuild, New Battery, needs interior work, trans pan leaks needs to be resealed with cork or new trans pan gasket. Never had an running issue other than the Carb but now rebuilt so runs great.......everything is original other than the new BFG Mudders and I think it is a Rancho 3" lift, shocks and hardtop and doors....I swore I would never sell it, owned it for over 13 years but selling all the toys and have no time to restore or drive. $8500.00 OBO, I am estimating it will take about a year and about 10-11k to fully restore this beast and they fetch roughly 30/35k finished. OR KEEP it the way it is and do a bit of work and enjoy a great classic...

NEW PRICE $8500.00 OBO...

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
I guess a picture would help. Old pictures with the soft top I now have a hard top with doors and roll up windows, locking doors...will try to get some pics as soon as I can get to storage...

Attachments

• going down.jpg
    going down.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 495
  • going up.jpg
    going up.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 467
  • Jeep hill005.jpg
    Jeep hill005.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 451
  • jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 427
  • Jeep010.jpg
    Jeep010.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 705

wishiknew

Reaction score
Never been stuck ?????????? Lol Good luck with the sale I wish I had the cash !!!!! This is a SMOKING DEAL

PaPaG

Reaction score
Never been stuck ?????????? Lol Good luck with the sale I wish I had the cash !!!!! This is a SMOKING DEAL

NEVER been STUCK and it usually went up those hills that we used to play on at 1/2 throttle :)

If I had your money I would burn mine :) You don't need anymore toys...get back to work and build that compound will ya so we can come visit.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
The words "Never Been Stuck" from a guy owning or selling a Jeep mean to me that guy never pushed their Jeep close to it's ability's.:D Which is a very good thing for a potential buyer:thumbsup

This Jeep IS THE REASON my CJ was the first vehicle I ever owned. Awesome Jeep with a lot of history. If I didn't have one sitting in the back yard just taking up space I'd buy this in a heart beat.

At 7500... driveable that is a great deal. Someone will be very lucky.:thumbsup

PaPaG

Reaction score
The words "Never Been Stuck" from a guy owning or selling a Jeep mean to me that guy never pushed their Jeep close to it's ability's.:D Which is a very good thing for a potential buyer:thumbsup

This Jeep IS THE REASON my CJ was the first vehicle I ever owned. Awesome Jeep with a lot of history. If I didn't have one sitting in the back yard just taking up space I'd buy this in a heart beat.

At 7500... driveable that is a great deal. Someone will be very lucky.:thumbsup

Thanks, It could and would go anywhere any of the others went but I hate abusing my toys and smashing it around just to do it is not my style. I have no real reason I am selling it just like my Excursion other than the fact that they are just sitting in storage and I have no time to restore the jeep or take it out the way it is and enjoy it...

welldigger00

Reaction score
As a former jeep owner, once you roll your jeep, it seems like you roll it more and more every time out. Well, that's the case when you are USING your jeep! Or is it abusing your jeep. I don't know. That's why I got out of rock crawling, and got into boating. Harder to roll.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Forgot to mention it also has High and Low along with the quadra-trac..Here are some pics I took really quickly of the hard top, doors and new tires yesterday they came out crappy but you get the idea...I have the old soft top and doors as well somewhere in storage.

Attachments

• 20160416_121038_resized.jpg
    20160416_121038_resized.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 20160416_120800_resized.jpg
    20160416_120800_resized.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 304
  • 20160416_120809_resized.jpg
    20160416_120809_resized.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 285

PaPaG

Reaction score
BUMP new price $8500.00.

I just don't have the time to put it in all the 4x4 sites I belong to or any other publication for that matter..maybe that is the best way to go because I saw one almost like mine but needing much more work for 7k and it sold in 2 weeks for asking price...we will see.

Thanks

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
Bump......I am having second thoughts just as I am with my Excursion....As the weather cools I may start working on the jeep upgrading the little repairs needed to make it a daily driver again and maybe take it up to Tahoe...Especially now that I see how many places in Tahoe would be fun to Explore.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I think it is time to actually post this somewhere else along with RD's, I have not because I have been hesitant that someone will really buy it :(

PaPaG

Reaction score
Off Road / Camping Season BUMP.

Easy carb rebuilt or even a cleaning for that matter, trans pan install gasket seal and you are ready to off road....:)

Rat a tat tat

Reaction score
I'd love to have this thing, how much will you take for it, looks like it's been well taken of

PaPaG

Reaction score
I'd love to have this thing, how much will you take for it, looks like it's been well taken of

Thanks, I will never sell anything without either fixing every single issue I know of or disclose everything I can think of to a potential buyer, just the way I do business. Here is what the Jeep needs. It has a carb rebuilt and starts and runs good, has a new battery, needs either a transmission pan gasket or an new seal or O ring possibly a fill tube leak, I just don't have the time to work on it and restore it like I want back to 80-90% original (keep the lift, big tires other than that I would restore it to stock to keep its high value). I have owned it for over 13 years now and out of 75+ cars in my lifetime I have only kept 1 other over 5-6 years...

If I had the time I would run some new fuel lines just to do it, new larger tank, trans pan cork gasket, redo the seats to original and put in a carpet kit in because it is a rare Golden Eagle Qtrack. I would also replace the heater core, very easy and cheap to do, never needed to use it before but these are the things I would do to be driving it all around. As it sits, it runs great just has a leak somewhere from the trans, possibly gasket or fill tube, not sure, drives no problem..but sold my river pad and no time to drive it or restore it right now..Let me know if you are still interested in PM and I can email or speak with you on the phone to fill you in on any questions you may have.

Last edited:

Rat a tat tat

Reaction score
Honesty is always the best policy. And honestly you're asking a whole lot of money for something that needs some work done to it and I'm not sure how many people would buy it because of its Rarity but good luck

PaPaG

Reaction score
Honesty is always the best policy. And honestly you're asking a whole lot of money for something that needs some work done to it and I'm not sure how many people would buy it because of its Rarity but good luck

No worries, I have standing offers of just over 7k from a few people but I have no need or real desire to sell it but if it sells for asking or close then I would let it go. You have to want a Golden Eagle and understand the whole jeep thing to want this jeep. If you just want an off road vehicle and don't care about the Jeep history there are tons of jeeps out there for amazing prices with tons of mods. You will find something that suits your needs. Good luck and thanks for looking.

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
My step dads 78 CJ 7 had air, it even worked.

Oh I know they came with it in the late models... But even then, it's just a real funny to question to me from anybody asking about a CJ.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Oh I know they came with it in the late models... But even then, it's just a real funny to question to me from anybody asking about a CJ.

I know. My CJ 5 didn't have it, the CJ5 my step dad has now doesn't either, hell tbat one doesn't even have a heater.:grumble:

But his 78 CJ, with the stock 304/t150 combo with a hard top and air made it livable year round.

Sorry for the threadcrap here, but on the other hand..

Anyone thinking of buying it but hung up on the AC or lack there of...
These CJs are about the easiest vehicle there is to work on.
It's easy enough to retrofit the AC using stock off the shelf parts. I remember it working fairly well.:thumbsup

PaPaG

Reaction score
Would be a nice bonus if it did have air that is for sure. If I keep it I am going to throw in either a Off the Shelf or even a vintage air for around 850/950 and a large core radiator just to assure I can run the air all the time and the jeep stays running cool in the really hot 105-120 degree desert heat days.

PaPaG

Reaction score
WOW time goes by so fast...I forgot I had this in here until I got a few PM's on it just recently. SO I guess it is still for sale..Thanks RD'ers for reminding me :)

stoker22405

Reaction score
WOW time goes by so fast...I forgot I had this in here until I got a few PM's on it just recently. SO I guess it is still for sale..Thanks RD'ers for reminding me :)

Well they do say the older one gets the memory is the first to go...And given the listing is 2 years old.....Its no surprise you forgot...;)
P.S. You also have a little red electric car for sale...lol....;)

PaPaG

Reaction score
Well they do say the older one gets the memory is the first to go...And given the listing is 2 years old.....Its no surprise you forgot...;)
P.S. You also have a little red electric car for sale...lol....;)

Who are you ? Do I know you ? :confused:

PaPaG

Reaction score
JEEP SALE IS ON HOLD...Had a rare amount of free time this last two days so I went out and bought a new battery yesterday and ordered a carb rebuild kit, tore the carb down and soaked it in cleaner for a few hours, cleaned and put it all back together today, took about 8-10 seconds and it fired right up. Filled the trans, drove it and ran great. Now to decide if I want to tackle the trans leak, I am going to order an aluminum pan and cork gasket and change the pan out to see if that fixes the trans leak, who knows maybe start ordering parts if time permits and do a minor restore til I find the time to do a full restore or sell it......If I do sell it now after some of the work I have done to it I would want $8500.00 but sale is still on hold, the more I do the higher the price goes, maybe do it all and ask 35k who knows. Someone would get a great rare jeep that is for sure.

Last edited: