WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone Do Dapper Day at Disneyland?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My girls are all over this twice a year, unofficial event. It's expanding, and Disneyland used to ignore it, but is starting to get with it as the years past and it picks up popularity.

[video=youtube;-bi3R8D1vAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bi3R8D1vAk[/video]

25148568.jpg

ws-2-900x600.jpg

img_0076-0.jpg

family_disneyland_60th.jpg

Dapper-Day-1.jpg

2AF5FD8100000578-3179887-image-m-112_1438255162729.jpg

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
We've been there, its pretty cool. Kind of a retro vibe.:thumbsup

My daughter and son-in-law work there so we try to get over there a few times a year.

Reactions: TPC

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We were there yesterday from 9am til about 1pm.

Didn't know it was dapper days until we got there...lots of peeps wearing cool outfits.

I'm sure wifey will have something for us to wear for the next one.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It was also Bats Day where the goth people dress up in their dark clothes.

pronstar

Reaction score
It was also Bats Day where the goth people dress up in their dark clothes.

Saw some good ones as well...I'd say about 10% were goth-ish, the rest were dapper.
One guy dressed as old-school David Bowie :thumbsup

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
I was there yesterday leading the Disneyland Band. So cool seeing people decked out. And you're right Ross, the event has gotten larger every year. Great crowds to perform for!!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Saw some good ones as well...I'd say about 10% were goth-ish, the rest were dapper.
One guy dressed as old-school David Bowie :thumbsup
I read where next year the 2 groups will tell each other what day they will be having their event so they don't have it on the same day again.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I was there yesterday leading the Disneyland Band. So cool seeing people decked out. And you're right Ross, the event has gotten larger every year. Great crowds to perform for!!
Are all the employees there as happy as they always seem? Can't say I've ever come across a grumpy one.

pronstar

Reaction score
Are all the employees there as happy as they always seem? Can't say I've ever come across a grumpy one.

The grumpy employees go by another name: Ex-employees :p

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Where did you find that footage Ross? That's from the first couple days after opening last July. It's gotten a great deal stronger over the past 9 months. We now have 59 musicians that provide an 18 piece group 7 days a week. This isn't my cast in this particular footage but part of the original 54 hired for the new band.

pronstar

Reaction score
Is there a schedule for when the band plays? We never seem to see you guys play...and we're there a lot

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Isn't there 2 events a year? The girlfriend and I went last year but it was in September, they even had a dapper day themed area in the hotel for shopping. It was kind of like a flea market, different vendors selling clothes and even make up people there.

I walked out to the car show they had in the parking lot as well, kinda small and nothing really well built but still a cool little twist to Disneyland

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Seems like most employees are happy to be there but I'm sure there's some that aren't. Those employees don't seem to stay long[emoji6]
I've always wondered how they instill that joy of working, seems most performers are having a good time doing it too[emoji106]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

The bad ones call Annual Pass holders Anal Ass holers.

I've bumped into a few mustard seeds over the decades.
One remembered me from an incident with a group I was with in 1978 and actually apologized 30 years later. Amazing.

Saw a couple bartenders at Trader Sams Tiki Bar be jerks to customers and on a return visit we learned they were fired.
Don't piss off NPB women, they are used to having their way and know who to contact to get one canned.

Their are some amazing, fantastic employees there.
Not unusual for someone on a military pension to pick up extra bucks working for the Diz.

Also the DCP:

[video=youtube;NHWcoXdXOSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWcoXdXOSQ[/video]

[video=youtube;rMzrOfjByXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMzrOfjByXg[/video]

[video=youtube;MS7ZSDS4rxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS7ZSDS4rxM[/video]

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Is there a schedule for when the band plays? We never seem to see you guys play...and we're there a lot

It should be in the entertainment handout at the front gate. Our schedule through at least mid June is:
10:15 Small World Mall
11:00 Castle Forcourt
12:15 Castle to Town Square
1:10 Town Square
2:40 Frontierland
4:10 Town Square or Main Street
5:10 Town Square

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It should be in the entertainment handout at the front gate. Our schedule through at least mid June is:
10:15 Small World Mall
11:00 Castle Forcourt
12:15 Castle to Town Square
1:10 Town Square
2:40 Frontierland
4:10 Town Square or Main Street
5:10 Town Square

This is a good set:

[video=youtube;6Hr2L6W38bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hr2L6W38bw[/video]

What Key did George Bruns seem to always write / play in?

Music to my Ears

Reaction score

That I don't know. Do you? I saw him at the OC Performing Arts Center in 1995, about a year before he died. Truly a great performer and a class act!

TOBTEK

Reaction score
This is a good set:

[video=youtube;6Hr2L6W38bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hr2L6W38bw[/video]

Being an X band geek drummer myself...... Could watch the drumlines all day at DS. They have some of the best. Never have seen it since, but a years ago we were sitting by the bathroom were the employees go into the back lot. One of the bands came marching out single file with one of the coolest cadence's that flowed into the theme of Pirates. Was so sick. Haven't been able to find anything on YouTube on it.
This is the first year we haven't renewed our annual passes, has just became over the top insane expensive. Think we're once a year during Christmas time visitors now. As the kids are getting bigger, they like the bigger scary rides available at the other theme parks.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Being an X band geek drummer myself...... Could watch the drumlines all day at DS. They have some of the best. Never have seen it since, but a years ago we were sitting by the bathroom were the employees go into the back lot. One of the bands came marching out single file with one of the coolest cadence's that flowed into the theme of Pirates. Was so sick. Haven't been able to find anything on YouTube on it.
This is the first year we haven't renewed our annual passes, has just became over the top insane expensive. Think we're once a year during Christmas time visitors now. As the kids are getting bigger, they like the bigger scary rides available at the other theme parks.

I hear you about the cost. I don't know how families can swing it anymore!

Our drummers (we have 12 in the cast) are almost all DCI veterans. I'm blown away with what they put down everyday and how hard they groove. We have 2 girls percussionist in the cast, one graduated from the Berklee School of Music and the youngest in the band is starting there in the fall on a full ride. Pretty impressive!!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I just bought all the kids in the family the So Cal Select @ $329 each.
The blockout dates are days you really don't want to go anyway, and their aren't that many.
Not a bad deal IMHO.
https://ticketstore.disney.go.com/W...nalID=SAP01&categoryExternalID=SAP02&PC=90000
Jus' sayin.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Our drummers (we have 12 in the cast) are almost all DCI veterans. I'm blown away with what they put down everyday and how hard they groove. We have 2 girls percussionist in the cast, one graduated from the Berklee School of Music and the youngest in the band is starting there in the fall on a full ride. Pretty impressive!!

Make money with a song,, that's fantastic.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

OK,,
What's the deal where you go to a special APP on your smartphone,, then you go to Esmeralda the fortune teller at the Main St. Penny Arcade and get a fortune,, ya then do something maybe with the app,, then you walk to the porch directly across from the arcade at the Palm Parlor,, you do any kinda of knock or rap on the door, and then a ghost will knock back repeating the same knock with the door rattling, curtains blowing with the interior light flashing to the same beat too?

Not a Ducktale, I've seen a rare few people do it but don't know the full trick and it is really, really cool.
How's it done?

a4238762c36aebcffbf5874c7cb137c4.jpg

06-03-13-IMG_5568.jpg

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
OK,,
What's the deal where you go to a special APP on your smartphone,, then you go to Esmeralda the fortune teller at the Main St. Penny Arcade and get a fortune,, ya then do something maybe with the app,, then you walk to the porch directly across from the arcade,, you do any kinda of knock or rap on the door, and the knock will repeat itself with the door rattling to the same beat with the interior light flashing to the same beat too?

Not a Ducktale, I've seen a rare few people do it but don't know the full trick and it is really, really cool.
How's it done?

a4238762c36aebcffbf5874c7cb137c4.jpg

You've stumped me again. I know that the park is doing a lot of innovative things throughout the resort using Disney apps. and there's plans for much more.:thumbsup

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
From a Disney addict friend:

"There was a special crate box that was a limited hundred and ninety nine crates about the Haunted Mansion for about two hundred dollers you get one crate a month for a number of months!

It's a inner active game you play!
Very fun to watch but very hard and takes a long time to to figure it out!
They have a app that comes with game and you can play and use it only Disneyland!
An app (not a coin in this instance) turns on The Gypsy Esmeralda Fortune teller and she gives out a special card to help release the Ghost in Disneyland!

Then you go across the street to the Fortune palm reader you turn you app on and it tells you when your ready and you knock on the door it knocks back and when your done the ghost voice from the app thanks you for setting her free!

They have two other lost in Disneyland!
That's a long-long story of the short story!
There are number of YouTube channels that show the opening of the crate box and how they put it together and show all the inner-active game you can play with - check it out!:"

This is really cool if you like Disney stuff:
[video=youtube;Msy4MHvAN1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msy4MHvAN1U[/video]

Then:
[video=youtube;P8x6x2K5_ME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8x6x2K5_ME[/video]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You've stumped me again. I know that the park is doing a lot of innovative things throughout the resort using Disney apps. and there's plans for much more.:thumbsup

Here it is:
[video=youtube;MtG-oarsK-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtG-oarsK-8[/video]

[video=youtube;g90P3gkx4wA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90P3gkx4wA[/video]

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This is a funny take:

[video=youtube;gy7rm6sHPPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7rm6sHPPE[/video]

Bre

Reaction score
Looks like fun! I'll have to take my kids next year ! My older two girls would love it !

screaming pete

Reaction score
I was reading my last party thread on here from back in 2008 or so on here and it looks like we need to have another party . With the old school HB/RD peeps :) Fun times :)

BRE....Hello:thumbsup
SP

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I was reading my last party thread on here from back in 2008 or so on here and it looks like we need to have another party . With the old school HB/RD peeps :) Fun times :)

No shit....we need to get the band back together. :D Been wanting to do a lil bbq or something. Shit, you're the one with the big Ole amusement park backyard now. Perfect for a backyard boogie. :D:drink

Bre

Reaction score
No shit....we need to get the band back together. :D Been wanting to do a lil bbq or something. Shit, you're the one with the big Ole amusement park backyard now. Perfect for a backyard boogie. :D:drink

Ya. My house is always open for parties. We should do something in the summer when it's nice and hot. Pool is too cold right now [emoji951]❄️. I can't drink as much as I used to but I sure can try [emoji39]

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Ya. My house is always open for parties. We should do something in the summer when it's nice and hot. Pool is too cold right now [emoji951]❄️. I can't drink as much as I used to but I sure can try [emoji39]

Fo sho....in 3 weeks the pool water will be fine. Ours is low 70s. We need to have some warm ups to build up your tolerance. :D:drink

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Thanks for finding and posting this Ross! That's some recent video of the "Welcome Set".