WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

A quick story of Lake Havasu Police Dept

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wanted to take a minute to share a couple of stories that happened this weekend that I witnessed.

During the setup of the street fair their was a white Cadillac that was parked across the street from my booth. It was obviously left their from the night before and someone had taken a cab home.

Instead of the typical "just tow it" protocol that would normally happen in the hustle and bustle, an officer ran the plate found out who the owner was, and tracked the guy down! He then drove to the guys house and picked him up, and took him back to his car.

Totally above and beyond the call of duty. In a time where cops are always getting a bad rap, it's good to share some positive stories as well.

I have said it before and I will say it again, LHCPD is by far and away the most professional LEO I have ever encountered, on both good and awkward terms and they are a big part of why I love living here.

RD

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I wanted to take a minute to share a couple of stories that happened this weekend that I witnessed.

During the setup of the street fair their was a white Cadillac that was parked across the street from my booth. It was obviously left their from the night before and someone had taken a cab home.

Instead of the typical "just tow it" protocol that would normally happen in the hustle and bustle, an officer ran the plate found out who the owner was, and tracked the guy down! He then drove to the guys house and picked him up, and took him back to his car.

Totally above and beyond the call of duty. In a time where cops are always getting a bad rap, it's good to share some positive stories as well.

I have said it before and I will say it again, LHCPD is by far and away the most professional LEO I have ever encountered, on both good and awkward terms and they are a big part of why I love living here.

RD
That's straight up Mayberry right there.[emoji106]

TCHB

Reaction score
I agree they have gotten so much more friendly over the years. Great to hear.

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
Passed 6 different cops on the river on Wednesday and they all waved! I respect cops and their jobs suck! Unless they boat all day! Hahahahaa

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well here is my story. I was driving up to havasu on sat night for the after party.
With my wife in the passenger seat and 3 drinkers in the back seat in Paul's truck.

I come into havasu at that first curve doing 68 in a 55 and yes , I got pulled over.
The police officer ( woman ) walks up with a smile and says, License, reg and insurance.
After finding all that , not my vehicle ,

She says do you know that u were going 68 in a 55, I said No I didn't. That's a 55 zone back there , I am kinda chuckling , she laughs and says yes it is. It changed as u come around that corner. Well ok as u can see I am from out of state and sorry about that. Guess I didn't see it. Still kinda chuckling , yup she smiles and says I see that. Lol.

She comes back and is very pleasant and says , that she has the option to give me a ticket or this ( other thing ) not sure what it is called but it's basically a fine for wasting gas

She says I gave you a 60 in a 55 and it is for wasting gas. Call the court in 5 days and they will give you the fee or the fine for this and it doesn't go against ur record etc.

Very cool in my book. I think my good looks helped out and also my charm. She didn't even ask if I had been drinking or where I was going etc. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

Backlash

Reaction score
What's wrong Steve?? Shocked that someone waved with all five fingers extended instead of just one?? :D

Cops suck! :D

Reactions: t&y

Joker

Reaction score
Well here is my story. I was driving up to havasu on sat night for the after party.
With my wife in the passenger seat and 3 drinkers in the back seat in Paul's truck.

I come into havasu at that first curve doing 68 in a 55 and yes , I got pulled over.
The police officer ( woman ) walks up with a smile and says, License, reg and insurance.

She says do you know that u were going 68 in a 55, I said No I didn't. That's a 55 zone back there , I am kinda chuckling , she laughs and says yes it is. It changed as u come around that corner. Well ok as u can see I am from out of state and sorry about that. Guess I didn't see it. Still kinda chuckling , yup she smiles and says I see that. Lol.

She comes back and is very pleasant and says , that she has the option to give me a ticket or this ( other thing ) not sure what it is called but it's basically a fine for wasting gas

She says I gave you a 60 in a 55 and it is for wasting gas. Call the court in 5 days and they will give you the fee or the fine for this and it doesn't go against ur record etc.

Very cool in my book. I think my good looks helped out and also my charm. She didn't even ask if I had been drinking or where I was going etc. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202][emoji41]

Lol, your good looks and charm. Yellowboats ex is a cop in Havasu?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

You big gas hog[emoji14]
[emoji1]

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

RD

I agree completely, always been impressed with how they go about things.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

She probably just wanted to get away from the cow stink you after wafting around you at all times. Lol!

shueman

Reaction score
LHC LEO are boaters too ... you behave and your "golden" with them ...

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Great thread....we always seem to focus on the negatives. There's plenty of great cops out there too! [emoji106][emoji106]