WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

No Excuse if you are in Havasu

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have a private conversation with Dr. Tuttle during the break (the man who will make the final decision)
he is well aware of the gravity of the situation and the potential devastation it could cause Havasu and the surrounding communities. I introduced myself and who I am and what I do in Havasu (Desert Storm) after a brief "oh your that Karl" (which shocked the crap out of me) he offered his congratulations and I could see enthusiasm for what Desert Storm does for the community, We discussed the fact that I of all people in the room know what it takes to "land" a buoy on a federal water way and that his agency failed to follow even there own rules, his response was a head bow accompanied with a "your right", he knows who screwed up, he knows what he needs to do rectify it and he knows I am ready to "clock-in" and fight with every resource the boating community has afforded me over the last decade, I was left with the impression and assessment that Dr. Tuttle is a man of conscious will do the right thing, but I am keeping what I know is one of the most powerful "send to contacts" button ever created in the boating community at the ready just in case ;)

at this point I feel good that this will all blow over soon enough, but we must remain vigilant so that decisions that affect Havasu are only made by those that live here:thumbup:
Excellent news.

Can you please post his email here? I have a letter I am working on. Thank you. 👍

Shortdeck

Reaction score
John Galbraith who owns Bass Tackle Master and who runs many of the tournaments here in Havi was quoted in the paper saying basically that our boats are ruining the shorelines.

I don't know if it was because I was seating in the back or something, but fisherman didn't seem like the ones to blame last night. There was a guy last night that stood up who was heavily into fishing tournaments. He said that said if they preceded with the proposed closures, he and his tournament buddies would not be back to fish at Lake Havasu.

TCHB

Reaction score
With how many boaters use the lake and the epic reach of RDP, there has to be a lawyer or 2 on the boards or a lurker on the boards. If the beurocrats use their infinite wisdom and do pass this BS..... it's time to sue. This is how the off road community is having to do it in So Cal. The Blue Ribbon Coalition and CORVA have had to step up their legal arm to get shit done and it's actually starting to work.

Calling KAP

2Driver

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to have a private conversation with Dr. Tuttle during the break (the man who will make the final decision)
he is well aware of the gravity of the situation and the potential devastation it could cause Havasu and the surrounding communities. I introduced myself and who I am and what I do in Havasu (Desert Storm) after a brief "oh your that Karl" (which shocked the crap out of me) he offered his congratulations and I could see enthusiasm for what Desert Storm does for the community, We discussed the fact that I of all people in the room know what it takes to "land" a buoy on a federal water way and that his agency failed to follow even there own rules, his response was a head bow accompanied with a "your right", he knows who screwed up, he knows what he needs to do rectify it and he knows I am ready to "clock-in" and fight with every resource the boating community has afforded me over the last decade, I was left with the impression and assessment that Dr. Tuttle is a man of conscious will do the right thing, but I am keeping what I know is one of the most powerful "send to contacts" button ever created in the boating community at the ready just in case ;)

at this point I feel good that this will all blow over soon enough, but we must remain vigilant so that decisions that affect Havasu are only made by those that live here:thumbup:

1. How does the government show up in an isolated town that is economically dependent on boating and close down 1/2 the nautical miles to boating?

2. Every Havasu politician should be put on point to make a public statement about this. If they don't align, then they should consider it's their last term in office.

3. In my limited experience, these officials know that the easiest path to take during a confrontation is to tell you what you want to hear, and have you walk away thinking they are on your side. You probably know that already, but just in case you walked away feeling too good about the situation. ;)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
13124725_1046834878729800_3470868474918205471_n.jpg :thumbsup

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I don't know if it was because I was seating in the back or something, but fisherman didn't seem like the ones to blame last night. There was a guy last night that stood up who was heavily into fishing tournaments. He said that said if they preceded with the proposed closures, he and his tournament buddies would not be back to fish at Lake Havasu.

Idle threat. For the most part it won't effect them. From Mesquite Bay up to the Gorge entrance is a spot some use.

Bails

Reaction score
It's interesting that AnglersUnited is behind this. I was a member a while back when, I was supporting them in there fight against no fishing zones in the Pacific (MLPA's) and I liked what they were doing with the kids. Which was basically trying to get more kids fishing. I wonder how many fisherman out there are members and don't realize what the active members are doing.

My suggestion is there should be no fishing in these areas due the the poor little fishys getting killed:skull, what about there feelings? Let alone the biodiversity bla bla bla bla, :D

People just don't seem to understand, it's a slow creep.

Moody

Reaction score
I've been in that area when boats are smoking by me. Definitely not safe. It's not the kayakers fault. It's not the government fault. It's the asshole that feels the need to go as fast as he can so close to others fault. It's just a matter of time before someone gets killed before they shut it all down. You asshole. You brought this on your self. Rules and regulations are for those who lack respect for others.

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
I've been in that area when boats are smoking by me. Definitely not safe. It's not the kayakers fault. It's not the government fault. It's the asshole that feels the need to go as fast as he can so close to others fault. It's just a matter of time before someone gets killed before they shut it all down. You asshole. You brought this on your self. Rules and regulations are for those who lack respect for others.

So you're for more rules and therefore, more government.
Sorry to disagree but each law that restricts access without just cause or due process limits freedom!
This crap is being suggested without any evidence that boats cause any environmental issues.
You seem brainwashed into the government protect me from the big bad assholes. Well in my opinion you are asking for big government to protect you by removing other ability to enjoy the area based only on horsepower!

Sounds like you want a nanny country, maybe Canada is a better fit for you and yours!

Moody

Reaction score
I'm for boaters to respect each other. We have to share. Once you have the "Me" mentally, create dangerous situation then big brother is going to step in and shut it all down.

Moody

Reaction score
I hate the government just as much as you do. When you disrespect nature and others the you will use your freedoms.

Moody

Reaction score
When your dog shits up and down the beach and you don't pick it up. Then no more dogs on the beach. You want to drive like an ass on tight canyons. Then up goes a speed limit. You guys brought this shit on yourselves.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

There are already laws in place to protect against reckless operators. You are talking about putting restrictions on an area over the exception not the rule. I've been up and down the gorge probably 100 times and often at more than 100 mph in places and never have we put a paddler at risk. In fact I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen paddlers up there and in none of those instances were they in the middle of the river or in danger. When was the last time a paddler was hurt in the gorge by a reckless boater? Point is, lets enforce the laws already in place before limiting an area that has long been a haven for power boaters.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
When your dog shits up and down the beach and you don't pick it up. Then no more dogs on the beach. You want to drive like an ass on tight canyons. Then up goes a speed limit. You guys brought this shit on yourselves.

When your dog shits on the beach you should get a ticket since it's illegal for Fido to shit on the beach. I don't ride my bicycle down the middle of the freeway then get pissed that cars are speeding past me. If you are in the middle of the river and someone blazes past you it's your own fault for putting yourself in an area known for powerboat traffic. There is more than enough room up that way for everyone. Want to paddle? Stay to the side. Want to powerboat? Keep to the middle and don't be a maniac. It's pretty simple.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
So I am going to pick a Saturday and get dropped in at Topock with my paddle board and head towards Windsor. Then take my boat out and head back to prove it is not a big deal. Take a few pics and welcome anybody to join me. To cap it off maybe rip a 2 stroke ski out there so they do not feel excluded. :thumbsup

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Common sense is not common
Yup, you proved it in the above quoted post. Lumping all powerboaters together and identify us all by the very few assholes.

Way to prove and show your ignorance. Have fun voting for Sanders.

Moody

Reaction score
I didn't lump you all together. In fact it just takes a few to ruin it for the rest.

JJK94

Reaction score
There are already laws in place to protect against reckless operators. You are talking about putting restrictions on an area over the exception not the rule. I've been up and down the gorge probably 100 times and often at more than 100 mph in places and never have we put a paddler at risk. In fact I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen paddlers up there and in none of those instances were they in the middle of the river or in danger. When was the last time a paddler was hurt in the gorge by a reckless boater? Point is, lets enforce the laws already in place before limiting an area that has long been a haven for power boaters.

There is a good possibility he isn't talking about paddlers, There are plenty of reckless boaters out there blowing by and making some people nervous.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a good possibility he isn't talking about paddlers, There are plenty of reckless boaters out there blowing by and making some people nervous.

You're right. We should shut the whole place down...

milkmoney

Reaction score

There are reckless drivers all over the roads. Let's ban cars too why we're at it.

When I am out boating , I am always scanning my area. Even behind me and if I see a bad ass fast coming, I move to safe lane and let that guy have his space to fly by me. And enjoy seeing it , also usually get a wave by the boater and passengers.

In fact , when I rode in my friends boat over desert storm , I observed him doing the same thing.

Moody. - your comments are confusing , you can't hate the govt , and then want them to come in and make regulations...

My old theory works. Mind your own fucking business... [emoji12][emoji202]

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

Unfortunately some of this statement is true , but it's the general degradation of society in general that's the main problem . That and the fact there are too many people on this
planet .

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Unfortunately some of this statement is true , but it's the general degradation of society in general that's the main problem . That and the fact there are too many fucking selfish people on this
planet .

Fixed it for you!

Moody

Reaction score
I never said I wanted the government to step in. My point is, people today lack respect for others and the environment. And when this happens rules, regulations, fines, tickets, are imposed to curtail it. Freedoms are lost for others. I hate government, police. But I understand there jobs. They are only need because of all the bad apples in the world.

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
I hear that the deal is being dropped (no direct conformation as of this minute) but I expect to get it ;)

I can tell you as a local Architect the effect of just the mention of a possible proposal to speed limit the area caused two local banks to freeze construction loans immediately and put a hold on loans for 3 of my customers, the damage is done before it really got going. I now have 3 jobs on hold that total over $1.4m in value to the community and represent about a $16k loss to me (hard pill to swallow after shutting my biz down for 3 weeks to put on the Street Party). so I have gone from frightened for Havasu to hopping mad that this has affected the roof over my head and the food on my table already.

Mayor Nexsen was very generous in asking for a 60 day extension, I cannot afford that amount of time and neither can Havasu. The permanent tabling of this proposal must be IMMEDIATE!!!! no later then Monday morning May 9 2016, or I will be forced into action, petitions and public meetings are fine but that is working from the bottom up where government is concerned, if I do not get conformation that this has been permanently tabled by Monday morning I will show you all how to fight this from the Top Down. The wonderful thing that still exists about our government is that checks and balances have been built in from the beginning and still remain in place, it's US!!!! (We The People) that forget or just don't know how to use them...I DO!!! and I will post the link and show you all how to put a stop to this from the top down almost immediately.

every second is crucial right now to tabling this permanently, like I said before the man I met (Dr. Tuggle) I could tell was a man of conscious and will do the right thing. Dr. Tuggle I ask you to table this proposal without delay every second counts right now for Havasu's economy.
Thank you
Karl Ecker
Lake Havasu City

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I hear that the deal is being dropped (no direct conformation as of this minute) but I expect to get it ;)

I can tell you as a local Architect the effect of just the mention of a possible proposal to speed limit the area caused two local banks to freeze construction loans immediately and put a hold on loans for 3 of my customers, the damage is done before it really got going. I now have 3 jobs on hold that total over $1.4m in value to the community and represent about a $16k loss to me (hard pill to swallow after shutting my biz down for 3 weeks to put on the Street Party). so I have gone from frightened for Havasu to hopping mad that this has affected the roof over my head and the food on my table already.

Mayor Nexsen was very generous in asking for a 60 day extension, I cannot afford that amount of time and neither can Havasu. The permanent tabling of this proposal must be IMMEDIATE!!!! no later then Monday morning May 9 2016, or I will be forced into action, petitions and public meetings are fine but that is working from the bottom up where government is concerned, if I do not get conformation that this has been permanently tabled by Monday morning I will show you all how to fight this from the Top Down. The wonderful thing that still exists about our government is that checks and balances have been built in from the beginning and still remain in place, it's US!!!! (We The People) that forget or just don't know how to use them...I DO!!! and I will post the link and show you all how to put a stop to this from the top down almost immediately.

every second is crucial right now to tabling this permanently, like I said before the man I met (Dr. Tuggle) I could tell was a man of conscious and will do the right thing. Dr. Tuggle I ask you to table this proposal without delay every second counts right now for Havasu's economy.
Thank you
Karl Ecker
Lake Havasu City

What is the reason to wait on this?? Thanks.

Singleton

Reaction score
I hope this gets dropped ASAP. With that said, pressure still needs to be applied to reverse the 2015 no wake zone in Mesquite (sp) Bay. My gut says they drop this, thinking that what they did in 2015 is OK and never reverse that!

Advantage 1

Reaction score
There are reckless drivers all over the roads. Let's ban cars too why we're at it.

When I am out boating , I am always scanning my area. Even behind me and if I see a bad ass fast coming, I move to safe lane and let that guy have his space to fly by me. And enjoy seeing it , also usually get a wave by the boater and passengers.

In fact , when I rode in my friends boat over desert storm , I observed him doing the same thing.

Moody. - your comments are confusing , you can't hate the govt , and then want them to come in and make regulations...

My old theory works. Mind your own fucking business... [emoji12][emoji202]

:thumbsup

That lake is radical. First time back there since we picked up the boat in 2009. You 'scan' an area and see nothing... 10 seconds later, you can have a monster blowing by you at 100+... All that looking around makes your head feel like a bobble doll.

Yup - Boating 101.

milkmoney

Reaction score

That lake is radical. First time back there since we picked up the boat in 2009. You 'scan' an area and see nothing... 10 seconds later, you can have a monster blowing by you at 100+... All that looking around makes your head feel like a bobble doll.

Yup - Boating 101.

I hear ya. Good thing u had 4 eyes also. Lol.
[emoji202][emoji106]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What is the reason to wait on this?? Thanks.

To see if the cities negotiations pan out I suppose. I know that I was asked to submit the petitions, keep collecting but not to gen up anything new. I much like Karl have a plan to set in motion as well should things not go the right way. Step one of that plan is to try and unite all of the boards and agencies that are against this and unite them to pool resources.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Unfortunately some of this statement is true , but it's the general degradation of society in general that's the main problem . That and the fact there are too many people on this
planet .

X2 Way to many people!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
To see if the cities negotiations pan out I suppose. I know that I was asked to submit the petitions, keep collecting but not to gen up anything new. I much like Karl have a plan to set in motion as well should things not go the right way. Step one of that plan is to try and unite all of the boards and agencies that are against this and unite them to pool resources.
Nice work Dave. Glad to see you in full force here. 👍

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

Yup - Boating 101.

It is just amazing how fast the big boats can be on you now days. They are wicked fast and a pleasure to watch but please be careful of us 50 mph guys. Sometimes we just don't see you fast enough!

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
So I am going to pick a Saturday and get dropped in at Topock with my paddle board and head towards Windsor. Then take my boat out and head back to prove it is not a big deal. Take a few pics and welcome anybody to join me. To cap it off maybe rip a 2 stroke ski out there so they do not feel excluded. :thumbsup

Now we are talking. :thumbsup I plan on getting a SUP from Ultra to match my sled. Would love to do this.

I think we can all share the same body of water and respect each others passion.
We don't need more regulations or closures :smackhead... enforce what you already have on the books.
Instead of all the boat cops at the channel, put a few up at topoc and ticket those that are being unsafe.
Show a presence and word gets around.
My .02

SummitKarl

LHC Architect
Reaction score
that's still thinking from the bottom up, (efforts to hopefully influence a decision)

think more like going above a direct superiors head to his superior but this superiors sole job description is quote "identify, investigate and prosecute any and all public fraud or corruption" and they just happen to own boat and were a member of the boards back in the day ;)

we can Identify things like
1) 5' tall reeds showing up on the sand bar over night and then being declared a nature preserve, only to have nature do what it does and remove the reeds in time from a place where man put them
2) moving buoys on a federal water way without proper procedure (this pisses of the Coast Guard which is in control of federal water ways)
3) attempting to impose controlling (speed) limits on a federal water way without due process (this one really pisses off the Coast Guard) not to mention all law enforcement agencies along the river being as a good portion of their on water activities are funded by a apportioned amount of the fuel taxes for fuel sold in the area. (typically it's not a good idea to steal from the police)
there is much more to be identified which can force action to be taken by the federal government itself. I feel good that Dr. Tuggle will do the right thing and quickly due to the gravity of the situation