WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Donald Trump needs a running mate: Here are four names for him to consider.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Will Donald Trump ever be "presidential" in the conventional manner we have come to expect?

It's a path he may never follow. But after his victory in Indiana on Tuesday night, and Ted Cruz's decision to suspend his campaign, there is now rampant speculation as to what "presidential" will mean should Trump's executive desk move to the Oval Office.

As with any presidential nominee, the selection of their vice presidential running mate is important because it offers us a window into their thinking.

Trump recently gave some insight into his thoughts on the matter when he told Neil Cavuto on the Fox Business Network: "I would want to choose a politician. I'm a businessman. I don't think we need two guys like me."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016...ames-for-him-to-consider.html?intcmp=trending

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I think Rand Paul would be would have been a viable VP to be the ying to Trump's yang, but since Trump bad mouthed Paul during the early debates I bet he'd just tell Trump to shove it up his wazoo.

Maybe Jan Brewer or Joe Arpiao since they both share Trump's views on immigration, crime and punishment.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
He's gonna have to choose wisely, Brewer, Arpaio are both a losing choice, as was every single person up on that debate stage over the last 6 months, not a chance in hell Trump would offer Rand, nor would Rand accept.

RCDave

Reaction score
Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse 2016! :thumbsup :D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
He's gonna have to choose wisely, Brewer, Arpaio are both a losing choice, as was every single person up on that debate stage over the last 6 months, not a chance in hell Trump would offer Rand, nor would Rand accept.

Rand needs to get over it!
And hey,what are a few bad hair jokes between two dudes with some fucked up mops?:D

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Rand needs to get over it!
And hey,what are a few bad hair jokes between two dudes with some fucked up mops?:D

Get over what? he is economically principled in the schools of Hayek, Von Mises, Rothbard, and Hazlitt, Those philosophies seem to be at complete odds with Trump's.

Getting over it would require him to flush all of his redeeming features away, Good, bad, or indifferent. What makes Rand who he is, was his father's influence on his grasp of economics and repercussions of policy.

Trump is in it to win for winning's sake, and that's fine, he's never pretended anything else. Rand was never in it for the sole sake of winning, he was in it to expose an alternative viewpoint, that hopefully would resonate with the voters, unfortunately for this country, the voters took a huge shit on it :D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Get over what? he is economically principled in the schools of Hayek, Von Mises, Rothbard, and Hazlitt, Those philosophies seem to be at complete odds with Trump's.

Getting over it would require him to flush all of his redeeming features away, Good, bad, or indifferent. What makes Rand who he is, was his father's influence on his grasp of economics and repercussions of policy.

Trump is in it to win for winning's sake, and that's fine, he's never pretended anything else. Rand was never in it for the sole sake of winning, he was in it to expose an alternative viewpoint, that hopefully would resonate with the voters, unfortunately for this country, the voters took a huge shit on it :D

I meant get over the hair jokes,Racey.It was a joke.:)

But since I'm here,he needs to get with the Donald.Maybe some of his traits will resonate with Trump.
I'm still not sure how much of the Trump we see is him and how much is shtick.Regardless,if it were offered to Rand,he needs to take it.Not because it's good for Donald,and not because it would be good for Rand,but because it's what's best for us,the people.
If Donald gets in we will need a level headed VP to try and balance him.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I meant get over the hair jokes,Racey.It was a joke.:)

But since I'm here,he needs to get with the Donald.Maybe some of his traits will resonate with Trump.
I'm still not sure how much of the Trump we see is him and how much is shtick.Regardless,if it were offered to Rand,he needs to take it.Not because it's good for Donald,and not because it would be good for Rand,but because it's what's best for us,the people.
If Donald gets in we will need a level headed VP to try and balance him.

You made no mention of hair buddy.... :p

There is no chance of him getting with the Donald for the exact reasons i put forth, it would mean abandoning everything he has stood for, and once that is gone, he is just another "go with whatever is popular" politician. It's career suicide for him because of how he has branded himself on his principles.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Ideally, Rand accepts the VP position and they win the election. Trump then steps down and Rand gets the Top Spot.:thumbsup

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
All I can hear is crickets.:eek

Anything is possible right?

"A senior Trump campaign source said Wednesday that the campaign's early favorites for vice president are now New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio.

And Trump, in an interview with CNN on Wednesday, added another name to the list: Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who is expected to drop out of the race Wednesday afternoon."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/donald-trump-vice-president-search/index.html

His first 100 days...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...w-he-says-it-would-look/ar-BBsE7LZ?li=BBnb7Kz

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Condi Rice would be a good choice.
But she's way too smart to consider it, methinks...

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
After reading his first 100 days plan, I feel like I am making a good choice, hell he might not get it all done, but even just a few of them will make a HUGE start to right the country. :thumbsup

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Charles Krauthhammer .........

Pragmatic, straight shooter, no personal agenda, center of right ..........

Speaking of Trump's first day ........ How about ....

He takes the oath, he turns and speaks, then he declares; "I would like to see the Secretary of Veterans affairs in my office with healthcare reports tomorrow at 9AM, and the Secretary of Homeland Security, with the chief of the US Border Patrol in my office tomorrow at 11AM " . "I'll meet with the joint chiefs around 1PM, the Attorney General at 3PM, and the IRS commissioner at 5PM" .

"It's going to be great !"

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
I vote regor as his running mate :thumbsup, me thinks that the both of them would right royally enjoy watching the Hilderbeast squirming in her death throes.:yikes;)

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
After reading his first 100 days plan, I feel like I am making a good choice, hell he might not get it all done, but even just a few of them will make a HUGE start to right the country. :thumbsup

Business owners have a tendency to get shit done and out of the way. I predict congress will be busy trying to shoot it all down, then the deals start happening. So a ton wont happen in 3 months but we wont be waiting 8 years for stuff to happen. Also its doubtful Russia will buzz warships and China will continue to bully the US over other issues. A strong leader he will be and many will just hate.

If one's diaper is full and crying towel wet, one's just going to have to deal with it on their own.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score

Image1462448091.971776.jpg
Dat's so funny I forgot to raff!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I heard one thought yesterday that made sense. Trump called Kasich and told him to drop out in return for the VP spot. This gets negative Kasich rhetoric stopped for the remaining primaries into the convention. Trump gains a running mate that can deliver the key state of OH, plus a number of other states Kasich is capable of carrying. Kasich brings insight into how DC works behind the curtain. And Kasich's lower key demeanor softens Trump's rough edges a bit in the public eye.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I heard one thought yesterday that made sense. Trump called Kasich and told him to drop out in return for the VP spot. This gets negative Kasich rhetoric stopped for the remaining primaries into the convention. Trump gains a running mate that can deliver the key state of OH, plus a number of other states Kasich is capable of carrying. Kasich brings insight into how DC works behind the curtain. And Kasich's lower key demeanor softens Trump's rough edges a bit in the public eye.

Hadn't heard that but if you read what Trump says he is looking for in a VP, Kasich checks all the boxes.

530RL

Reaction score
Charles Krauthhammer .........

Pragmatic, straight shooter, no personal agenda, center of right ..........

Speaking of Trump's first day ........ How about ....

He takes the oath, he turns and speaks, then he declares; "I would like to see the Secretary of Veterans affairs in my office with healthcare reports tomorrow at 9AM, and the Secretary of Homeland Security, with the chief of the US Border Patrol in my office tomorrow at 11AM " . "I'll meet with the joint chiefs around 1PM, the Attorney General at 3PM, and the IRS commissioner at 5PM" .

"It's going to be great !"

Tough to be VP when Krauthammer says he is "not capable of voting for Donald Trump",

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/03/charles-krauthammer-i-dont-think-id-be-capable-voting-donald-trump

AzGeo

Reaction score
Hadn't heard that but if you read what Trump says he is looking for in a VP, Kasich checks all the boxes.

Kasich comes up right after George Lopez and Jennifer Lopez on the list .

IF Trump has not made a DEAL with the hard line GOP, (and he lives thru the convention) he will go deep for a VP .

IF the GOP is making the call on VP, Trump will have a hard time being elected .

IF Trump is still an 'outsider' and still fighting the GOP at the convention, he may go all out and call on someone we have not even heard about . Maybe a woman, a minority, a known name, and possibly a celebrity .

I still like Krauthammer .........

Let's throw in Bobby Jindal and see how he fits !

"The excitement is killing me, I hope it lasts" . Willy Wonka

AzGeo

Reaction score
Tough to be VP when Krauthammer says he is "not capable of voting for Donald Trump",

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/03/charles-krauthammer-i-dont-think-id-be-capable-voting-donald-trump

Sweet Jesus, does Kelly like Michael, Martin and Lewis, Lucy and Ricky, even Johnson and Kennedy ?

For a man to go from being a fervent left wing supporter, to one of the leading critical right wing minds while in public life, just shows the open mind and a great depth of political knowledge . The man has 'seen' both sides .

I want him for President, but many would question his physical abilities .