WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lavey Craft 29 NuEra - Boats Unlimited

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
That boat was in the showroom for a while - wicked.

That was the Eickert mill right?

UD

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Yep, it sounded like a funny car when I fired it up. It was an Eickert motor and I had Teague tweak it a bit with the intercooler and boost increase with the 8mm belt. It had such a big cam lope sounded so cool.

Lavey 29

Reaction score
I actually called on your boat when you had it for sale. If I recall you just moved to Vegas and were in Real estate.

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Some new updates and a really cool video about Vacuum Bagging from Lavey Craft.

Be sure to check it out and if anyone has questions or comments feel free and the same goes for any comments on the Youtube page below the video. Please post them we like to hear and see all questions and comments.

Great video and its from the current 29 being built as we speak. Alot more work involved than one would think. Lavey Craft is doing an outstanding job building their boats. Check it out from the link below. They WILL NOT cut one or any corners in their build process. Great workmanship from start to finish. Thanks John.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcLY7x7EvTE&feature=youtu.be

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I actually called on your boat when you had it for sale. If I recall you just moved to Vegas and were in Real estate.

No, sorry that is not me. There was a guy with a 27 that has similar colors selling awhile back so perhaps it was him. Mine is a 29 that I picked up from an east coast Lavey dealer that is no longer in business. It was there demo boat for the company. When I got it, I had Teague do a little upgrade on the Eickert motor with an intercooler for the Havasu heat. Boat ran just under 100mph.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Some new updates and a really cool video about Vacuum Bagging from Lavey Craft.

Be sure to check it out and if anyone has questions or comments feel free and the same goes for any comments on the Youtube page below the video. Please post them we like to hear and see all questions and comments.

Great video and its from the current 29 being built as we speak. Alot more work involved than one would think. Lavey Craft is doing an outstanding job building their boats. Check it out from the link below. They WILL NOT cut one or any corners in their build process. Great workmanship from start to finish. Thanks John.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcLY7x7EvTE&feature=youtu.be

This is so true. They build to offshore specs for strength and durability. There is no flex or rattles in their hulls. They were well known in the offshore race scene back in the day.

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Really curious to see how this 29 turns out. Of course as a prior owner of the 29 model I can tell you they run nice and solid for sure.

I love this boat. I remember seeing it for sale, a few years ago.

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Lavey29 so your first name is not Lucas ? Just asking

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
A 29 NuEra is birthed....The bottom anyway..

Larrys work as usual is fantastic.

Congratulations John!

UD

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2867.jpg
    IMG_2867.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 312

Riley1

Reaction score
If you dont need the mold (that'd be nice) thats the best way to work rather than throwing everything on the floor.

There is no more stable protected area to finish the stringer grid and tank than it sitting in the mold.

UD

Makes sense.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
If you dont need the mold (that'd be nice) thats the best way to work rather than throwing everything on the floor.

There is no more stable protected area to finish the stringer grid and tank than it sitting in the mold.

UD

I'm pretty sure there are a few pre assembly/pre rig items to be done before assembly too.
From what I remember reading elsewhere Lavey is waiting for John to come out to finalize some details of one kind or another?

Tucked in the mold was absolutely the safest place for it until then.

As a side note, I believe the 29 is the only model in the Lavey lineup that deck and hull are shoebox fit. So there's no assembling deck and hull together "in the mold" like other models. Another reason to leave it in the mold till the time was right.

Lavey 29

Reaction score
That is CORRECT Lavey Craft has been waiting on me. (John). They have worked with me better than anyone else in the marine world like no other. I requested 100 % to leave the boat in the mold longer and continue to - as they (Lavey Craft) has always been ready to move forward with the build.

Personally I have a ton going on in the marine industry. This is the first year in 6 that Dallas, Texas had normal lake levels. With that said I have been overwhelmed with all boat related sides of the coin plus involved with more than just marine service and repair. Anyways you have to extremely like the 29 build no matter who you are.

We are so excited for 2017 and to show the 29 off at major boating events. Look for us from Poker Runs, charity events, Street parties and the LOTO Shootout hopefully running triple digits. More to come. We are getting there, Stay tuned.

Riley1

Reaction score
Excited to see this when it's done And have enjoyed fallowing this Bild thread so far.

I had heard that quality builders left the boats in the mold for 2+ weeks, and when I saw this, I figured that was Lavey just taking the extra step. My boat feels (to me) like the most solid built boat I have ever been in. And figured time in the mold might have something to do with that.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Excited to see this when it's done And have enjoyed fallowing this Bild thread so far.

I had heard that quality builders left the boats in the mold for 2+ weeks, and when I saw this, I figured that was Lavey just taking the extra step. My boat feels (to me) like the most solid built boat I have ever been in. And figured time in the mold might have something to do with that.

As long as I have been involved with the Camire era of Lavey they have maintained the at least 2 weeks in the mold cure. That is even if they have more to build from that mold as soon as possible. Two weeks minimum.
Include the time to do tanks, floors, bulkheads, and tabbing deck to hull which is all done in the mold and it's closer to 3 weeks.
The 29 is unique to Lavey in that it's a shoe box fit boat.I believe they use an epoxy to bond the halves.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are a few pre assembly/pre rig items to be done before assembly too.
From what I remember reading elsewhere Lavey is waiting for John to come out to finalize some details of one kind or another?

Tucked in the mold was absolutely the safest place for it until then.
As a side note, I believe the 29 is the only model in the Lavey lineup that deck and hull are shoebox fit. So there's no assembling deck and hull together "in the mold" like other models. Another reason to leave it in the mold till the time was right.

Johns got some "secret sauce" he wants applied to the tank. Lavey has never used it and originally he was going to come show the brothers how to apply it.

If I recall I think the halves are bonded by a tabbing process as well vs just epoxy. There is a bunch of work lining up the halves prior to the tabbing.

UD

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
As long as I have been involved with the Camire era of Lavey they have maintained the at least 2 weeks in the mold cure. That is even if they have more to build from that mold as soon as possible. Two weeks minimum.
Include the time to do tanks, floors, bulkheads, and tabbing deck to hull which is all done in the mold and it's closer to 3 weeks.
The 29 is unique to Lavey in that it's a shoe box fit boat.I believe they use an epoxy to bond the halves.

Probably why my 17 year old Lavey 24NuEra is still as solid as the first time I had her on the water. Gelcoat, rigging, everything has been flawless. The boat hauls ass too.

The only thing I've redone, is that I had Martinez re-upholster and re-carpet it 2 years ago, but that's expected after 15 seasons.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Very nice!! That blue tone is killer with the other accents. :thumbsup

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Ill get some update pictures up soon of the build.

The Hillborn stacks are in for the engine build...

Sweet.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_3411.jpeg
    IMG_3411.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 326

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Vroom Vroom I can hear now. Red for one fast sled

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Ill get some update pictures up soon of the build.

The Hillborn stacks are in for the engine build...

Sweet.

UD
Let's see more engine pics, Dave.:thumbsup

And hey? What's the deal with the little black box with hoses going to 4 ports in center of the intake?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Let's see more engine pics, Dave.:thumbsup

And hey? What's the deal with the little black box with hoses going to 4 ports in center of the intake?

Been asking myself that. Idle circuit? top end circuit - vacuum? I don know.

I don't know shit about Hillborn injection.

I can certainly ping Dalhquist - hell know.

Ive always wanted a stack injected rig of some kind- but Im just a 6 pack guy.
This is a baller setup.

UD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Been asking myself that. Idle circuit? top end circuit - vacuum? I don know.

I don't know shit about Hillborm injection.

I can certainly ping Dalhquist - hell know.

Ive always wanted a stack injected rig of some kind- but Im just a 6 pack guy.
This is a baller setup.

UD
I see the other ports are drilled, tapped and fittings installed, just no hoses.
Possibly a meth/water injection deal?

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Hey its John and here is some added info about the Hillborn.

The 4 back fittings and the back side of black manifold on the Hillborn do not have the hoses connected to those individual stacks sections yet. They will be. That basically is a manifold for vacuum per 8 that uses the MAP sensor in which will plug its vacuum reference hose into, ( the manifold on the Hillborn ). Instead of having one to one vacuum reference per say with one throttle body compared to the 8 Hillborn stacks in which has one vacuum reference per each stacks. You can actually see the port (capped off) in the pic where the MAP vacuum line will plug into on the Hillborn manifold). Anyways I talked to Mark about it today to get more detailed info. This is the best way I could put into words without getting too tech about it. This also will help with idle control and help against idle surge for some more basic jist info.

daveb1

Reaction score
Always liked Lavey boats. especially the finish work.

If your motor is no more than 650hp and torque, Bravo XR should be fine and will be 5-10 mph faster than SCX. My RPM Redline 26 has an SCX-4 and ran 135 mph with 1100 hp. Other than a #6 or 8, the IMCO is the best for high HP.

I have now gone to a 28' speedster with twin 400 whackers, my first outboards in 25 years. Just wanted the redundancy of twins and the reliability of the 4 stoke outboards.

BTW, Gelcoater, great job on our boat! At first, I thought that the side stripes were a little too thin, but the more I see it, the better I like it.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Hes around - was over at OSO yesterday.

Waiting on custom pieces.....

UD

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Here some progress for the machine work all of that end is done. Engine being built as we speak.

Attachments

• 665 a.jpg
    665 a.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 665 b.jpg
    665 b.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 665 c.jpg
    665 c.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 665 d.jpg
    665 d.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 665.jpg
    665.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 359

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Hopefully these post as well

Attachments

• output_9.jpg
    output_9.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 269

Lavey 29

Reaction score
have a few more pics to show of the engine build. We reordered another cam for the better.

buck35

Reaction score
Bump
any updates? I know you are planning to run at loto, and times a wasting. Good luck !:cool

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Bump
any updates? I know you are planning to run at loto, and times a wasting. Good luck !:cool

Bunch of high zoot parts in the shop ready to start rigging when it gets back from interior shop.

3rd party interiors places in So cal are sloooowwww....

UD

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Hey bup , what up?

We are not going to make LOTO with the 29. One is being picky with the boat build is one reason we are behind. The main reason for a while now delaying completion is the interior being the waiting game for the boat. As we all know many builders especially for Sportboat builders, they do not have an in house interior personal. With that said one is very limited to whom is professionally going to do the lay out and full interior making process including the install.

This alone has been a long process. Many people have asked me and even in person what happened to the boat and all the plans. I wanted to come up here and post the reasons. We are now going to take the rest of the year to install and dial everything in, taking our time instead of a mad rush just to get the boat out in public. IMO this was and is the best option for all involved with the complete custom 29 build.

2 weeks ago I attended the 1000 Island poker run and could not believe how many people ended up knowing who I was and asked many questions about the brand new 29. it was prob at least 50 to 60 people asking about the 29. That was a lot since there was about 75 boats in the run.

www.boatunlimited.com THANKS to everyone who is following us and continues to do so. Really mean that. John

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Some of the said "high Zoot parts".

Really liking these tabs.

UD

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpg
    IMG_4196.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_4198.jpg
    IMG_4198.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_4199 (1).jpg
    IMG_4199 (1).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 337

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
This ever make it in the water?

Not yet.

Almost all done - only one major part left to install at our shop before it leaves - and we don't have it yet (its client supplied) - the transom assembly and drive.

John has gone back and forth agonizing over the drive choice for a year now - if an SCX works his chances of hitting 100 are diminished, and with a 900HP NA mill on a 30 ft single - he can shred a bravo to bits.

SCX seems to work on jimmies boat but Jimmie hasn't been able to really air it our and see what it does yet - so although it looks like it would work and isnt immediately fucked (like the sabre was ) but we really don't know what it chopped off the top.

He decided to go with an imco transom assembly and is going back and fort between teague and Max machine works on the drive.

I have some more picts of it the dash interior and the rest of etc boat - it came out awesome and will be killer.

UD

Last edited:

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Not yet.

Almost all done - only one major part left to install at our shop before it leaves - and we don't have it yet (its client supplied) - the transom assembly and drive.

John has gone back and forth agonizing over the drive choice for a year now - if an SCX works his chances of hitting 100 are diminished, and with a 900HP NA mill on a 30 ft single - he can shred a bravo to bits.

SCX seems to work on jimmies boat but Jimmie hasn't been able to really air it our and see what it does yet - so although it looks like it would work and isnt immediately fucked (like the sabre was ) but we really don't know what it chopped off the top.

He decided to go with an imco transom assembly and is going back and fort between teague and Max machine works on the drive.

I have some more picts of it the dash interior and the rest of etc boat - it came out awesome and will be killer.

UD

Let him know, I was running 850hp and the upgraded Teague drive with a Hydromotive prop worked great on my 29 and I was right at 99 mph with that set up.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Dave how's this build going? Can't wait to see it done and see how it runs!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Well!

Were waiting on one major customer supplied part to finish up our side - then its off to John tp put the engine in.

Gonna be badass......

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Solid choice - expensive and very very nice.

The brothers agonized on the transom and drive choices a long time, what you can get a deal on isn't necessarily what you always want.

I think the silver offsets the boats cool scheme nicely and matches the livorsi tabs pretty close.

UD

IMG_6115.jpg

IMG_6052.jpg