WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford Receives 6,506 Applications For 400 New Ford GT's

Enen

Reaction score
And none of them belonged to you..?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I'll bet a bunch think they'll make money like the ones who bought in on your model year.

Such a cool car though [emoji106]

530RL

Reaction score
And none of them belonged to you..?

LOL,

There are only about 150 original US owners, who are not "collectors" of 05 and 06 Ford GT's.

I received an email to apply from Ford and applied, although I am certain I will not get one.

I told them in the application that I figured they would not give me one, but if they would cough up an allocation for a 350R, I would take that. :D

530RL

Reaction score
I'll bet a bunch think they'll make money like the ones who bought in on your model year.

Such a cool car though [emoji106]

The 05's and 06's got way below original price in the late 2000's.

With the new ones, the message was that you must sign an agreement that allows Ford to re-purchase at their option, if you sell within a specific period of time. Got that email too.

Sort of like the agreement on F50's from Ferrari.

KevinR

Reaction score
LOL,

There are only about 150 original US owners, who are not "collectors" of 05 and 06 Ford GT's.

I received an email to apply from Ford and applied, although I am certain I will not get one.

I told them in the application that I figured they would not give me one, but if they would cough up an allocation for a 350R, I would take that. :D

Yep. I'm one of those. I, too, applied thinking no chance. In fact I hit my 10 year ownership anniversary this week of my 05 GT. I figure I need to focus on a 350R but I want to wait out the hysteria.

530RL

Reaction score
Yep. I'm one of those. I, too, applied thinking no chance. In fact I hit my 10 year ownership anniversary this week of my 05 GT. I figure I need to focus on a 350R but I want to wait out the hysteria.

One of my really good friends and the primary sponsor of the Copperstate1000 is a very large Ford dealer, he sold me my GT.

I call him up a few months ago and ask him, how is your allocation of 350R's. He laughs and says I got two, both sold for 25k over sticker. :eek

I figured I would beg for a 350R as there is little chance I am getting a new GT.

Good news is that they "say", who knows, that they are gonna make them for several years so maybe the bloom will fall off the rose and you and I will get one.

I paid under sticker for my 06 GT, so who knows?

Hope springs eternal. :D

If I had to do it over again, I would have bought the Heritage edition of our GT's. 13,500 bucks and you now get a 75,000 premium. Ugly paint job but if I only had to do it again. :grumble:

KevinR

Reaction score
One of my really good friends and the primary sponsor of the Copperstate1000 is a very large Ford dealer, he sold me my GT.

I call him up a few months ago and ask him, how is your allocation of 350R's. He laughs and says I got two, both sold for 25k over sticker. :eek

I figured I would beg for a 350R as there is little chance I am getting a new GT.

Good news is that they "say", who knows, that they are gonna make them for several years so maybe the bloom will fall off the rose and you and I will get one.

I paid under sticker for my 06 GT, so who knows?

Hope springs eternal. :D

If I had to do it over again, I would have bought the Heritage edition of our GT's. 13,500 bucks and you now get a 75,000 premium. Ugly paint job but if I only had to do it again. :grumble:

:thumbsup. I hear you! Thought about the Heritage also. But I wanted to drive mine a lot and I thought, even though it is racing history, too gaudy for me. Paid sticker for my GT. But had to find a dealer in Illinios in order to make it happen. All the CA dealers were tagging $25K plus at the time.

Enen

Reaction score
LOL,

Ya know that Formula 1 cars are running turbo V6's now ;)

530RL

Reaction score

I got the no letter. Did you get a yes or wait list which is yes?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We'd like to get one but it's all gone crazy with that car.
We'll wait it out for the C8 Zo6.

the-next-corvette-inline3-photo-633997-s-original.jpg

the-next-corvette-topinline-photo-633996-s-original.jpg