WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It has Started! New Pool!

NotWorking

Reaction score
Just wanted to post the build process on our new pool! MelloYelloVector had already done some work for us and did a great job for a great price so it was a no brainer to have him just finish the whole project...
We are doing a Pool, Spa, Fire Pit, Patio Cover, and Tons of concrete flat work... I am thankful that he is patient as I am a pain in the ass and being an engineer I pick every little detail out.
The destruction began today!:thumbsup
Here are some before pictures.
Above.jpg From Back Slider.jpg

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Heyyyy, good to see you can be in stealth mode but ya put me on blast. This could be good or bad, lmao
Let the chaos begin.
Starting another RDP member Saturday also. In San Marcos, good that both of you live so close together :yikes
Guess that explains how I put 30k miles on a truck that's 6 months old

Guys got excited when I said toss the avocado tree, they're taking it, when it produces they'll be able to make quacamole for like 2 weeks, Cheezus Jesus

NotWorking

Reaction score
It's all good! Tell them the bigger and deeper the pool the more avocados they will get off of the tree! After all of this is done the vector better be done so you can take a few days off at the river.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Must be serious orange shirts are there....
View attachment 486815

Lmao! Looks like my sexy figure in that orange shirt! Is that your editing skills or am I so sun damaged my face just blends in with tan block walls now!
That's the camera I was talking about, I waved at it, ball scratched right up on it, I was offering Brennan a few bucks to just BA it and I was gonna text you and say hey how's the pool look from that angle!!
And steel wasn't just started today it was started AND completed today ��

Note: for those that have asked or wondered how you build/dig in area with high water table ( the beach, lakes, river, delta etc...)
Like this ( in HB ) over excavate, bucket sump, rock the floor, sump pump and hoses to street. High tide pumps pretty much on, low tide cycles on and off as needed. Once pool is shot hole will be left in Shotcrete to let water enter pool floor equalizing pressures. Later hydrostatic valve will be added that will close when pool full, and will open if pool empty so ground water can flow in with out affecting pool structure.
image.jpeg

NotWorking

Reaction score
Luckily the camera is just shitty, no one needs to see Brennan's ass!
Your guys kicked ass and were super cool... They even put up with me asking a few questions...
DSC_0130.jpg DSC_0131.jpg

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Look like it's moving along quickly [emoji106]

NotWorking

Reaction score
Hopefully plumbing will be starting today! MYV has been great to work with and I have enjoyed every step of this process (so far!). After reading on other websites how stressful this process can be I have been pleasantly surprised!

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
Heyyyy, good to see you can be in stealth mode but ya put me on blast. This could be good or bad, lmao
Let the chaos begin.
Starting another RDP member Saturday also. In San Marcos, good that both of you live so close together :yikes
Guess that explains how I put 30k miles on a truck that's 6 months old

Guys got excited when I said toss the avocado tree, they're taking it, when it produces they'll be able to make quacamole for like 2 weeks, Cheezus Jesus

So as mentioned, Tim (MYV) has another build going on in San Marcos for my family so I figured might as well throw both of his builds into the same thread. Here is the progress so far on our new build.
Before.jpg Day 1.jpg Day 2.jpg Dig done Deep End.jpg Dig Done Shallow.jpg

Digging is now complete and rebar starts today.

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
Hopefully plumbing will be starting today! MYV has been great to work with and I have enjoyed every step of this process (so far!). After reading on other websites how stressful this process can be I have been pleasantly surprised!

And I would echo this. MYV has been great to work with and has made this process very easy for us thus far. Even putting up with my all my newbie questions.

NotWorking

Reaction score
I am jealous, looks like you have a nice big back yard! My pool fills the whole thing...

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
And I would echo this. MYV has been great to work with and has made this process very easy for us thus far. Even putting up with my all my newbie questions.
Man, now 2 of you posting, no habla englesia, por favor espera mientras nosotros localizar ATT cliente!! :D

I am jealous, looks like you have a nice big back yard! My pool fills the whole thing...
That's because you kept making pool bigger til it took over backyard, :)

It's getting there, Houston - it looks like we needed a bigger trench, lol, a lot of pipes and still more to go in :eek

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
For those of us who don't speak pool, please elaborate. :)

Do I read correctly that the pool shotcrete "floats" on the rock base and a separate pump keeps the area under the pool dry? :yikes

Note: for those that have asked or wondered how you build/dig in area with high water table ( the beach, lakes, river, delta etc...)
Like this ( in HB ) over excavate, bucket sump, rock the floor, sump pump and hoses to street. High tide pumps pretty much on, low tide cycles on and off as needed. Once pool is shot hole will be left in Shotcrete to let water enter pool floor equalizing pressures. Later hydrostatic valve will be added that will close when pool full, and will open if pool empty so ground water can flow in with out affecting pool structure.
View attachment 486872

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
My kids keep asking about the scrap PVC, they want to build stuff... Potato launchers keep being brought up! Good times!:tbi
I'm sure they'll be plenty of scrap for potato launchers, mortar round bazookas, pipe bombs or what ever else they can get creative with, lol

For those of us who don't speak pool, please elaborate. :)

Do I read correctly that the pool shotcrete "floats" on the rock base and a separate pump keeps the area under the pool dry? :yikes

The rocks are there to give a solid surface that won't turn to shit from water presence. Otherwise there would be water turning deep end into a swamp, rebar dobies would sink down, and rebar would be coved in muck. Basically you over dig, fill with rock, rock is for the most part self compacting ( we also compact it ) Gives the floor a semi solid surface to work on and let's water right through, filters out dirt so pump can keep up and dump all the clean water. No floating going on in this part. How ever if ground water level raised enough and pool was built and was empty it could be floated ( that's a bad thing ) this is why a hydrostatic valve is added so if ground water pressure is higher than inside pressure of pool, valve opens and let's water flow in and equalize. In this scenario pool will be perfectly stable.

The pump is there to keep pool from filling and caving in walls etc until pools shot. Once we shoot no need for pump, it will either get shot and left under pool for eternity, or removed if able to the day of Shotcrete, depends on sea levels that day really.

To get an idea of how this works, fill your kitchen sink with 5 inches or so of water set an empty plastic cup in the water it will float as long as it displaces less water than it weighs ( bad for pools ) now fill cup with water and set in sink, the cup now is heavier than the water it is displacing and will drop to bottom of sink (better for pools) to see how hydrostatic valve works take empty cup and poke hole in bottom slowly push it down in water, water enter cup until levels are equalized and cup rests on bottom of sink ( best for pools where ground water present)
A hydrostatic valve is basically a check valve in the floor of deep that allows ground water in, but keeps pool water from going out. As long as pool water level is higher than ground water that pressure will keep valve closed. Really at ground water level at 5 ft and pool at 6ft depth the weight of concrete in that scenario alone is heavier than water it's displacing, but to be safe, just in case at some point levels changed the pool will not move :thumbsup
Hopefully that all makes sense, that's it for pool building 101 for the day:bowdown:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Looking good! Cant wait to get plumbing started.

Yours is next grasshoppa!! :)
This was work I physically did yesterday, I left airline on booster pump for Brennan to get done today.
We would prob already be in yours if a certain customer didn't disconnect hoses, flood trenches, cave over half a pool in :yikes.

Just kidding JG ;) at least about blaming customer part, lol

NotWorking

Reaction score
Rough man, you have no clue how bummed and pissed of I was when I walked back to that!
You coming by tomorrow?

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Rough man, you have no clue how bummed and pissed of I was when I walked back to that!
You coming by tomorrow?

No, accountant meeting half of day, afternoon UFC fight at forum :thumbsup, imagine that a semi day off, if you don't count meeting

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
So plumbing has started.
plbg.jpg

I think my kids were having more fun playing in the dirt more than anything else today.

trench.jpg

NotWorking

Reaction score
Same deal here, it was great seeing the kids acting like kids playing in the mud!
Looking good!!!

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
Same deal here, it was great seeing the kids acting like kids playing in the mud!
Looking good!!!

Thanks, seems to be moving along pretty good now. See you got yours shot the other day. Wont be long know until you get to really enjoy it.

NotWorking

Reaction score
Any updates on yours? It is rough going out and watering mine everyday, the kids even want to play in it right now!

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
Any updates on yours? It is rough going out and watering mine everyday, the kids even want to play in it right now!

Plumbing was finished on Friday and inspection was done yesterday. A couple more days for for some rock/steel work and then we should be shooting.

NotWorking

Reaction score
Tim told me about 2 weeks? I doubt I will really have a problem with it drying too fast here though with the June gloom here lately...
Between me and my kids it gets watered down twice a day...

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
Tim told me about 2 weeks? I doubt I will really have a problem with it drying too fast here though with the June gloom here lately...
Between me and my kids it gets watered down twice a day...

So are you kind of in a holding pattern until that curing process is complete?