WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

It has Started! New Pool!

NotWorking

Reaction score
No I don't think so, Tim told me that they would be doing forms for the coping, deck, and back filling this week. I can't wait to get rid of all of the dirt and dust!

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Tim told me about 2 weeks? I doubt I will really have a problem with it drying too fast here though with the June gloom here lately...
Between me and my kids it gets watered down twice a day...

I'm working on it, this porter ranch commercial job has got me fukt up, all my sch's, let the semi organized chaos begin, will know better tomorrow as far as day to start knocking you out again

So are you kind of in a holding pattern until that curing process is complete?

The curing isn't the holding pattern, an overwhelming amount of jobs all at the same time, and weekly more jobs wanting to start, the good news is you guys are closer to the front of line than most :yikes
Yours is ready to shoot if I can get Manuel over to finalize the rock steel ( his daughter was in hospital last few days, she's home now )

This summers gonna bring on some more grey hair for sure, :eek

NotWorking

Reaction score
I'm working on it, this porter ranch commercial job has got me fukt up, all my sch's, let the semi organized chaos begin, will know better tomorrow as far as day to start knocking you out again
The curing isn't the holding pattern, an overwhelming amount of jobs all at the same time, and weekly more jobs wanting to start, the good news is you guys are closer to the front of line than most :yikes
Yours is ready to shoot if I can get Manuel over to finalize the rock steel ( his daughter was in hospital last few days, she's home now )

This summers gonna bring on some more grey hair for sure, :eek
Well at least it is a good problem to have, better busy than slow!!!
We can't wait!
This thing is turning out so great that I caught my wife just staring out the back slider yesterday, when I asked her what she was doing she told me not to ask because she was spending money on decorating!

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
Well at least it is a good problem to have, better busy than slow!!!
We can't wait!
This thing is turning out so great that I caught my wife just staring out the back slider yesterday, when I asked her what she was doing she told me not to ask because she was spending money on decorating!

Right there with you on this one as well. Wife keeps talking about needing this that and the other. I just keep saying, lets get done building it first before we start spending even more money.

NotWorking

Reaction score
Asked my son to help me by watering the pool yesterday... Then wife sends me this picture, I guess the only one not in on helping me with the pool was my oldest!
10432.jpg
I have no clue why my daughter is wearing shorts and a sweatshirt standing in the water?

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Asked my son to help me by watering the pool yesterday... Then wife sends me this picture, I guess the only one not in on helping me with the pool was my oldest!
View attachment 491881
I have no clue why my daughter is wearing shorts and a sweatshirt standing in the water?

Lol!! Your dog's hair is gonna be amazing for your filter once pool done
Are you making your son soak the Shotcrete with a cup using ground water in deep end, lmao!!
;)
Tell him he can plug in the sump pump and use the vac hose, recycle re use, go green :lmao

NotWorking

Reaction score
That is what they did, plugged the pump in and made a mess! My friend told me to use hair nets over the skimmer basket? I am going to have a hard time keeping them out!

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
So the slide and other rock steel is now done and we should be shooting later this week. SLIDE4.jpg SLIDE3.jpg

NotWorking

Reaction score
Thanks Tim!
The guys are out there kicking ass! :thumbsup Framing up for coping!!!
A whole bunch of new trenches for drainage and running gas and electrical too!!! :champagne:
621161009am.jpg

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
Thanks Tim!
The guys are out there kicking ass! :thumbsup Framing up for coping!!!
A whole bunch of new trenches for drainage and running gas and electrical too!!! :champagne:
View attachment 493230

Very nice, shouldn't be long now. We are going to be shooting Thursday. Can't wait, it will be fun to watch.

NotWorking

Reaction score
Looks like they have the forms pretty much completed. :thumbsup
62116123PM.jpg

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I'm jealous of the slide. I'm thinking of adding an old school fiberglass one to my pool for my daughter. And maybe myself. [emoji23]
Trying to find a used one

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
shoot5.jpeg shoot6.jpeg shoot7.jpeg

I was actually surprised at how quick it all happened. Those guy kicked ass.

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
I'm jealous of the slide. I'm thinking of adding an old school fiberglass one to my pool for my daughter. And maybe myself. [emoji23]

Yeah we have a 8 and 5 y.o. so that was one of the main things we were looking for. Oh and the wife says she will use it until she is 80.:)

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

I'll keep ya in mind, every now and then I get customers that throw em in for parties then call me to remove 6-12 months later. Usually I cut em up and trash em, :)

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
They are now working on texturing all the rock work. The pictures don't really do it justice.
rock3.jpg rock2.jpg rock1.jpg

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
They got a little more of the rock work done and started some of the coping.

rock2.jpg rock1.jpg rock3.jpg

NotWorking

Reaction score
The rock work looks great! We are finally ready for concrete on Saturday, we can't wait to be done with the dogs and kids dragging in the dirt daily! uploadfromtaptalk1467934924830.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1467934936531.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1467934957483.jpg

NotWorking

Reaction score
I am so happy now! It really looks like a back yard and pool now! uploadfromtaptalk1468159505334.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1468159510768.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1468159516690.jpg
08cca9ce6cfdf69ecd22b524b9327686.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1468159534541.jpg

NotWorking

Reaction score
Wife just sent me a picture of the tile so far, I will get better pictures when I get home...
These guys are kicking ass! Thanks Tim!
Tile 711161.jpg

NotWorking

Reaction score
Ok, stone and tile are cranking right along...
We thought the stone in the showroom was darker with more gray in it but oh well, looks pretty good!
DSC_0302.jpg DSC_0301.jpg

NotWorking

Reaction score
Nice. Hoping to talk wife into the sheen product. She is just a little concerned about the roughness. Tim is supposed to bring us some samples Friday so hopefully she will like those.

If this one actually turns out like the sample, it is actually really smooth... Be sure to get the samples wet to look at them and feel them....

Parkerguy18

Reaction score
If this one actually turns out like the sample, it is actually really smooth... Be sure to get the samples wet to look at them and feel them....

I think we are pretty set on color (Aqua Blue) but the wifes only experience with Pebble is a friends pool that have the old Pebble Tek and she just does not like it (too rough). So she is still worried that even the sheen might be too rough. They have the fina product that is smoother like plaster but you dont get the cool water effects or color so I would like to stay away from it if possible. Hopefully she will like the samples.

NotWorking

Reaction score
This stuff is a huge difference from the original stuff, she will more than likely love it!

NicPaus

Reaction score
That looks Great! Job I am at now will be getting a pool once we get past plan check. Got the approval of neighbors and city council already (took almost a year). Remodeling existing while we wait to start addition and pool.