WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

TAHITI OFFSHORE 247XS BUILD- #1

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about headers. They are expensive and what will they really give me. Cats coming out for sure mufflers too and ecm flash

Is your warranty expired? If so just do it.
I don't know that the headers alone would do much. I think ditching the cats and the ECM flash will gain you some. I think that ECM flash, cat delete and those headers too will give you more than without them.

I suspect after those mods you live with it a while and then want to go faster. (It a sickness. Most on this board have it to some degree. ;) )
Any route to faster beyond what your considering already will be headers as step one.

Unless that is, you just sell the boat now and step up to that Cobra Deck you've been eyeing:D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
View attachment 518999
View attachment 519000
View attachment 519001
*ignore the button snaps missing, i have them in a ziplock bag in the truck and forgot to put them on.

Boat ran an honest 70MPH WOT 1/3 up trim , no tabs, run through the chine walk with 1/2 tank of fuel
22x4 blade solas prop stock stainless

It has been almost 10 years since a 247XS was built. It is in my opinion an awesome family hot rod for Parker strip area. Perfect size to run around.
Sorry if it's been asked and I missed it but what does the boat weigh with the tower, open bow etc? Running weight if you will?
70 is a good number, played with props at all? Any more top end you think? How's the hole shot with the current 70mph prop? Pull a skier up? Two?

Looks like a great family package at a good price. :thumbsup

Goodtime$

Reaction score
Im going to run the boat over to a truck scale after the Nov Havasu show. I hate to guess wrong on the weight. Vinylester layup nothing crazy with a belly tank. We didnt change much from 10 years ago.

I picked an off the shelf Solas 4blade x 22 stainless basic prop to get a benchmark, we will try a bravo 24 next but I feel for this build it wont be the best set up.
Will the boat go faster then 70? Yes I believe so. Will it sacrifice hole shot and mid range, YES.

The midrange pull is the best with the 22P, it pulls strong into 55-60 and then you have to nurse her to 70.

This one was built for family tow sports, so the tabs and the 22P will pull anyone up. I will get some video later uploaded of the holeshot. It is impressive, the little 6.2MAG is 350HP of fuel economy fun.

bocco

Reaction score
Went great will be running in Parker tomorrow afternoon! Todd hit 64 mph with a 22p 4 blade, 1/2 tank and 700lbs of guy. with a little tweaking and motor break in we hope to see 70! Not bad for a 350hp 6.2!
View attachment 518855

Looks great. I was right that the lower hatch looks a lot better than mine.

boataholic

Reaction score
Im going to run the boat over to a truck scale after the Nov Havasu show. I hate to guess wrong on the weight. Vinylester layup nothing crazy with a belly tank. We didnt change much from 10 years ago.

I picked an off the shelf Solas 4blade x 22 stainless basic prop to get a benchmark, we will try a bravo 24 next but I feel for this build it wont be the best set up.
Will the boat go faster then 70? Yes I believe so. Will it sacrifice hole shot and mid range, YES.

The midrange pull is the best with the 22P, it pulls strong into 55-60 and then you have to nurse her to 70.

This one was built for family tow sports, so the tabs and the 22P will pull anyone up. I will get some video later uploaded of the holeshot. It is impressive, the little 6.2MAG is 350HP of fuel economy fun.
Congrats Todd... looks good. I have to be honest and say I thought you were crazy when you told me that boat would run close to 70MPH with a 6.2.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I would like to go for a run in it.
Can you do an article. I think a lot of people including myself would love a boat that can run 70 w a small block that's pretty awesome. Looks killer too. Really nice boat

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Can you do an article. I think a lot of people including myself would love a boat that can run 70 w a small block that's pretty awesome. Looks killer too. Really nice boat

Absolutely.. That's why I want to go for a ride in it. By the way that boat with my Motor runs 72 mph all day long with a 24 Bravo. I went out in one years back with Andy01.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
View attachment 518999
View attachment 519000
View attachment 519001
*ignore the button snaps missing, i have them in a ziplock bag in the truck and forgot to put them on.

Boat ran an honest 70MPH WOT 1/3 up trim , no tabs, run through the chine walk with 1/2 tank of fuel
22x4 blade solas prop stock stainless

It has been almost 10 years since a 247XS was built. It is in my opinion an awesome family hot rod for Parker strip area. Perfect size to run around.

Oh snap! Is that GPS or off of a water pickup speedo? Awesome!

Mine did about 65 GPS going up river last weekend with the 24P Bravo with my family in it and 3/4 tank of gas. I'd be interested to see what yours does with a 24, but the 22 is better for towing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The exhaust is right at the water line 2 years and I'm pulling cats and putting headers and re flashing ecu. word has it it's good for 50hp and 75 ft lbs of torque.

I don't think a small block will pick up THAT much... but it would be cool to see.

Goodtime$

Reaction score
The swim step platform makes it sound better than our boats.

Swimsteps help the sound. Every magic deckboat sounds like huge power
Under the hatch.

Gps livorsi smartcraft in this 247xs.
70 mph is not easy, you have to nurse her up and through
Some chine walk to get 69-70.

Parker, half tank, light chop I got 70.

Keep in mind the new 6.2mag is 350hp.
The older versions were 315hp no cats.

Who else is making a twin step cuddy open bow
That can ski kids and run hard for under $60k?
The 247xs is a cool boat. I'm beyond happy

IMG_4576.jpg

badluck24/7

Reaction score
So how long is the boat? A true 24? Is that from tip to transom or tip to end of the swimstep or?? Was that already posted?

CobraDave

Reaction score
Those are awesome numbers. Sounds like a solid package. Good choice!

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score
So how long is the boat? A true 24? Is that from tip to transom or tip to end of the swimstep or?? Was that already posted?

23 running length plus swim step so total 24' I also have 18" long tabs. They calm the boat down in the rough stuff. In the chop I was running tabs in a neutral position and it kept bow rise to a minimum without changing the attitude of the boat!

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Nice looking boat, Congrats, and WTH? Is that a snowboard photoshopped in the tower just above your head in that pic?:D

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score
Nice looking boat, Congrats, and WTH? Is that a snowboard photoshopped in the tower just above your head in that pic?:D

No the newer wakeboard boots are freaking moon boots. They are like snowboard boots bolted to the board

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score

Notice the chop induced chine walk. We hit 66mph with a full tank and 2 guys plus the cooler. Thanks to my awesome wife for letting us drop her and the kids off on the dock. Lake Saguaro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riley1

Reaction score

Notice the chop induced chine walk. We hit 66mph with a full tank and 2 guys plus the cooler. Thanks to my awesome wife for letting us drop her and the kids off on the dock. Lake Saguaro.

Looked like a pretty serious chine walk from the video. I've been there in the 18' and it scared the shit out of me the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Swimsteps help the sound. Every magic deckboat sounds like huge power
Under the hatch.

Gps livorsi smartcraft in this 247xs.
70 mph is not easy, you have to nurse her up and through
Some chine walk to get 69-70.

Parker, half tank, light chop I got 70.

Keep in mind the new 6.2mag is 350hp.
The older versions were 315hp no cats.

Who else is making a twin step cuddy open bow
That can ski kids and run hard for under $60k?
The 247xs is a cool boat. I'm beyond happy

View attachment 519287

Yes.. really great package for a reasonable price. Are you running the 1.5:1 drive on this one or the 1.65:1?
I ask because I was ON the limiter with a 22 pitch prop last year in October with a 1.65:1 drive. I have the old 320HP 6.2. I'm in the 65 mph range GPS with a 24 pitch now. It was slower everywhere with the 22, except for midrange response.

I suspect you are on the 1.5:1 based on your info here and that the 22 worked best.

bocco

Reaction score
Looked like a pretty serious chine walk from the video. I've been there in the 18' and it scared the shit out of me the first time.

The chine walk surprises me. My DCB has no tabs and I don't get any chine walk. I can run just under 80mph. I wonder if the added weight of a big block makes a difference?

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score
The chine walk surprises me. My DCB has no tabs and I don't get any chine walk. I can run just under 80mph. I wonder if the added weight of a big block makes a difference?

The boat feels very light at speed. The extra 300 lbs on the ass end probably makes a huge difference. The chop probably had a lot to do with it as well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Looking good!!

Is there a bimini for it or is that not really an option with the tower?

badluck24/7

Reaction score
Now that you have some time behind the wheel just wondering how you feel about the boat?

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score
Now that you have some time behind the wheel just wondering how you feel about the boat?

I have 60 hrs on the dial and I love it. I have owned a Carrera and Lavey in the past and I am very pleased with the workmanship. This boat is solid I was running 50 mph in Havasu whitecaps
And no chatter or rattles. The boat is well built and no issues.I would be happy to give you a ride any time. Todd he's delivered 3 others and has 13 on order!