WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Marine Remote Control Question

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I have a few Alpine "pucks"... They are in Havasu so I don't know the specs. I bought them off SHEP...
Let me see if I can find the old thread. It may have the specs.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I have a few Alpine "pucks"... They are in Havasu so I don't know the specs. I bought them off SHEP...
Let me see if I can find the old thread. It may have the specs.

Thanks, but I have a few of those as well. It sucks as that looks like the only option for Alpine. Just figure it's time to move forward in technology instead of just using the + and - until you find the song you want. :beer

HavaToon

Reaction score
Return Alpine and by the new Rockford.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Alpine makes a wireless one that floats and is waterproof.

I searched for a new one but all is see is the 50 year old version that has source, power, mute, left, right, up, down.... Is there another???

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
The one I have is oval, about 1" wide, 1/2" thick, 2"long. Sits in a holder and controls everything from two boats away.

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
Alpine RUE-M1RF that's the part number and can be found between $75-100 I think.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Alpine RUE-M1RF that's the part number and can be found between $75-100 I think.

Thanks, but I have a too many of those.

image.jpg

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
Mine is the updated version I guess, same shape but different in looks. Works for me, switch between, sat, Bluetooth, and iPod and can control everything from that little bugger.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Mine is the updated version I guess, same shape but different in looks. Works for me, switch between, sat, Bluetooth, and iPod and can control everything from that little bugger.

Thank you, but looking for something along these lines.
x020MW1-f.jpg

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
The Fosgate source units are way sick but offer no remote that I know of, they are making a push on the marine end so that may change in the future. Most marine units are a thing of the past so what ever you find for now is it. At least that's how it seams, I'm not in the industry as much as I used to be.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
The Fosgate source units are way sick but offer no remote that I know of, they are making a push on the marine end so that may change in the future. Most marine units are a thing of the past so what ever you find for now is it. At least that's how it seams, I'm not in the industry as much as I used to be.

And that is where is sucks for me... I normally would not care if it was marine or not, but my daughter and all her friends can climb and play all over this boat as much as they want and it bites me in the ass as everything is exposed and WILL get wet. I just want to be able to control one thing on the boat and that is the radio, remotely... :grumble:

HavaToon

Reaction score
This is the one I have of Rockfords from 2014 Image1464260086.342031.jpg

Why Not

Reaction score
I just got the new JL head unit from Ron's In Your Ear. Still waiting on the remote. The JL remote has the same footprint as the old Alpine Marine remote. Nice option for those of us who have the old Alpine, fits in the existing hole, no new cuts or anything to fill. The JL is a bad ass head unit BTW.

jones performance

Reaction score
the fosgate units are pretty sweet. i thought about one for my daytona, but didnt want to cut another hole in the dash. i ended just replacing the old head unit with a preamp eq and added a bluetooth adaptor to connect my phone to it for a source.

wiredguy

Reaction score
Use the new Kicker marine head units and remotes. Im in the process of putting them in a couple Eliminator boats as we speak. Otherwise Clarion is your best bet for head unit and remotes and has never failed in the boats.

rrrr

Reaction score
I would look for a head unit with a remote you like and buy it for that reason. Just about all head units have the same power output, dynamic range and distortion characteristics. I had a JBL in the boat I sold last year, backed up by JL Audio amps. The remote was similar to the Clarion unit pictured above. It sounded great. Who can tell the difference in distortion and dynamic range that a more expensive unit has?