WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The 1000 Mile Trip

shueman

Reaction score
lake p.a.l. (Rob Clarke) in embarking on a boating adventure from the Mississippi to the Allegany and Heinz Field in early June.

There's a Facebook Page started to follow his journey and perhaps have boaters join him along the way.

https://www.facebook.com/1000mi.Trip/

Here's his last post about the trip:

We hope to launch on the Mississippi River downstream from Cairo, IL early morning on Saturday June 11. We will transition to the Ohio River and should get over near Derby, Indiana that evening. We will launch early Sunday morning and hope to get over near Cincinnati that evening. We plan to do an outdrive service Sunday evening and enjoy a nice dinner near or on the water. We hope to get into Pittsburgh, PA sometime Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. We will be spending our time in PA on the Allegheny River and attending the US Open at Oakmont Country Club.

Here's his boat:

Attachments

• Daytona 25.jpg
    Daytona 25.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 48
  • hookie day 15.jpg
    hookie day 15.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 25 daytona.jpg
    25 daytona.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 46

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I will be down at Point State Park with camera waiting for the fly by when he gets here. Mon-thurs is a no wake zone downtown :D

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Shueman, i saw he was asking for Eliminator gear.

I would like to make them shirts or something for when they get here. Let me know if we can use the logo and i will have our designer (my wife) put something yinzer (rob will get it) together.

Thanks

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Ain't no way in hell I'm making that trip unless my motor is blue. ;)

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Shue, thanks soooo very much for all that you, Bob, and the team have done. Squirtinmyload, what are the wake rules for the Point during the week? I thought it was wakeless from/to the 3 bridges, Mon Allegheny Ohio all the time???
Waxing the boat and trailer along with recovering the bunks on Sat. Lots of last minute prep work but we are doing great. Hope to meet a few new people on our trip.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Grads, our war of words is over since you would never run your badass 25 vs my old n/a 25. Ive been working on and planning this trip for several years and I'm thrilled to be doing it in an Eliminator Daytona. I tried to get Merc Racing or Teague or Ilmor to step up but they had no interest, which I understand.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
The no wake zone is on weekends only in May-Oct. Holidays are no wAke no matter what day it falls on

West end bridge on the Ohio to the Ft Pitt bridge on the Mon to the 9th street bridge on the Allegheny.

shueman

Reaction score
Rob sent us sun shirts and hats, which we've embroidered ... everything should ship out today/Friday, according to Cindy We'll throw in some koozies and such.

Any input for the FB site can be sent to [email protected]
... I'll honor all "friend" requests as well, and will moderate accordingly.

I've got single color Eliminator LOGOS in GIF format; just email me for them.

Gonna be EPIC :cool

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I had the tunnel tabs removed and resealed just as a precaution. Picking it up this afternoon. Need to finish the stereo install and a few lil things.
Shue, thanks for all of your hard work on this.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Hi Rob.

My wife and I will ride along vicariously with you on this journey. As you might expect, I feel a connection to your boat.

You always hear the told Cliche' "Well at least it went to a good home." Those words never rang more true than they do in this case.

Safe travels and enjoy every single minute of every single day.

Steve

TCHB

Reaction score
Look forward to the adventure and pics.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I am very exited for you and the Mrs. I can't wait to follow your journey.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Hi Rob.

My wife and I will ride along vicariously with you on this journey. As you might expect, I feel a connection to your boat.

You always hear the told Cliche' "Well at least it went to a good home." Those words never rang more true than they do in this case.

Safe travels and enjoy every single minute of every single day.

Steve

Thank you very much for the kind words and ALL of you help and information even tho I didn't buy the boat from you. My wife and I are really looking forward to spending some time together driving the three days over to Paducah, KY area. We will pick up my brother and his 11 yr old daughter along with my Dad at the Paducah airport Friday evening. We hope to hit the water early Saturday June 11. My Dad is going to drive our truck pulling the trailer as a "chase" vehicle and spend the nights with us at the floating cabins and/or B&B we stay at. Thanks to everyone with the good luck wishes etc.

sirbob

Reaction score
An old friend has a sport fishing boat he keeps in FL - a few years ago he went up the intercostal through the great lakes and then back down the Mississippi to the gulf and back to Miami.

I love these types of journeys - good luck and send lots of pictures along the way!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Grads, our war of words is over since you would never run your badass 25 vs my old n/a 25. Ive been working on and planning this trip for several years and I'm thrilled to be doing it in an Eliminator Daytona. I tried to get Merc Racing or Teague or Ilmor to step up but they had no interest, which I understand.

I had the tunnel tabs removed and resealed just as a precaution. Picking it up this afternoon. Need to finish the stereo install and a few lil things.
Shue, thanks for all of your hard work on this.

This trip sounds epic! Let me know if you need anything from RDP! Would love to do a write up on it when you get back and if you decide to do it again in a few years I'll run my boat with you!

An old friend has a sport fishing boat he keeps in FL - a few years ago he went up the intercostal through the great lakes and then back down the Mississippi to the gulf and back to Miami.

I love these types of journeys - good luck and send lots of pictures along the way!

There is another member that is building a pontoon boat right now and he plans on making some epic journeys through the inner coastal in Florida. I am hoping he documents the adventure and we can follow along in RDP as well!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Ain't no way in hell I'm making that trip unless my motor is blue. ;)

You'd be better off putting that many continuous miles on a stock Merc black motor
Milder cam, not as hard on valve train, no blower to maintain, and no 25hr service on the mechanical fuel pump

sirbob

Reaction score
There is another member that is building a pontoon boat right now and he plans on making some epic journeys through the inner coastal in Florida. I am hoping he documents the adventure and we can follow along in RDP as well!

A good friend shoots all the video for Avalon pontoons for the web site and advertising and dealer shows etc. He was telling me they are planning a crossing from Fla to the Bahamas then cruising all through the islands - the angle is going to be "extreme" pontooning.

If it comes together, I'd like to head down with him and do some of that shoot!

shueman

Reaction score
Rob,
Your clothing shipped today ... they forgot the koozies, so I'm sending them next week express.

707dog

Reaction score
Im so excited for you and the crew, ill try and swing by in the AM at the storage give you a hand or just hang!

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the kind words and ALL of you help and information even tho I didn't buy the boat from you. My wife and I are really looking forward to spending some time together driving the three days over to Paducah, KY area. We will pick up my brother and his 11 yr old daughter along with my Dad at the Paducah airport Friday evening. We hope to hit the water early Saturday June 11. My Dad is going to drive our truck pulling the trailer as a "chase" vehicle and spend the nights with us at the floating cabins and/or B&B we stay at. Thanks to everyone with the good luck wishes etc.
That's my home town. Haven't been back in a while

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
This is awesome! I was in Baton Rouge last weekend and stayed at a place on the Mississippi. The river was full of debris from the recent rains, drive safe!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Somehow I had forgotten how much fun it is to re-carpet the bunks and wax the trailer. Just a couple of last minute things to wrap up this week then hit the road next Monday. We have a good friend staying at our house watching our furry kids.

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
I know you just had a new snap in cockpit cover made that you plan to tow with. Got a tip years ago if you'd like to consider it. Put the cover on, then wrap the whole perimeter with tape (half on the cover and half on the boat) to really seal it. Keeps bugs and dirt out of the inside lip of the cover and gets you a tight seal. I would use the widest 3M blue painters tape you can find. A wide Gorilla tape will hold up better, however, you may some reside cleanup. Have fun!

707dog

Reaction score
The count down has begun my friend hopefully we will get hang before you take off...so excited for you guys:party2:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I know you just had a new snap in cockpit cover made that you plan to tow with. Got a tip years ago if you'd like to consider it. Put the cover on, then wrap the whole perimeter with tape (half on the cover and half on the boat) to really seal it. Keeps bugs and dirt out of the inside lip of the cover and gets you a tight seal. I would use the widest 3M blue painters tape you can find. A wide Gorilla tape will hold up better, however, you may some reside cleanup. Have fun!

Thanks for the heads up. I have heard of this and to put some of the same painters tape in spots where the cockpit cover may touch fiberglass also. We have the soft inside liner but can't be too careful. I also got a wrap type material from Nice Pair to put on the front of the sponsons and trailer rails to help protect the front. I purchased a towtector (looks like a street sweeper) that hangs off the receiver hitch and helps protect anything being towed. We are finishing up the stereo install right now and the truck is getting a new headliner today too. Tomorrow the truck gets an oil change, air filter service, new fuel filter, and one last general check over. We are crazy excited and a lil nervous too.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Rob sent us sun shirts and hats, which we've embroidered ... everything should ship out today/Friday, according to Cindy We'll throw in some koozies and such.

Any input for the FB site can be sent to [email protected]
... I'll honor all "friend" requests as well, and will moderate accordingly.

I've got single color Eliminator LOGOS in GIF format; just email me for them.

Gonna be EPIC :cool

Shue, thanks a ton for all of your help. The shirts just came in and look awesome, thank you. I will post a pic later.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
The count down has begun my friend hopefully we will get hang before you take off...so excited for you guys:party2:

You guys are in for a hell of a trip also at Havasu, Mead, and Vegas.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
24hr ticker has started are you a sleepless wreck yet...lol...you got this:thumbsup

Got a bunch done last night after a 13 hr work day. Meeting some peeps at Rusty Porthole for breakfast at 9:30 today. Hope to see u there or hop in with us. Gonna drag the sled back to our house this afternoon and check everything over and pack the truck.

Bucketlist

Reaction score
Hi Rob!

This is Bruce Curry. Hopefully you remember me  Your shop has worked on my current boat Hallett 240 and also the previous boat I had which was a 28 Adavantage Party Cat, aka POS boat from hell. What a great trip you are taking and i will be following this blog all the way. I just recently got a new trailer from Adrenaline Trailer in Lake Havasu, so looks like I will be keeping the 240 a bit longer than I ever thought.

I see you have an Eliminator. Do you still have your deckboat too? The boat that I fondly remember was also a 1990 Eliminator 242 Edge that I owned and painstakingly had built. I really miss that boat and should never have sold it. I still see it at Havasu every year or so.

I consisder you a great resource in the Marine Industry, honest as the day is long and your shop has always done outstanding work for me. I wish you and your family a safe and memorable trip filled with memories that last a lifetime. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good morning Bruce! When are we going for beers again? :D

Boat211

Reaction score
Have an amazing trip Rob. Wishing you safe journeys and looking forward to any updates you may provide.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Hi Rob!

This is Bruce Curry. Hopefully you remember me  Your shop has worked on my current boat Hallett 240 and also the previous boat I had which was a 28 Adavantage Party Cat, aka POS boat from hell. What a great trip you are taking and i will be following this blog all the way. I just recently got a new trailer from Adrenaline Trailer in Lake Havasu, so looks like I will be keeping the 240 a bit longer than I ever thought.

I see you have an Eliminator. Do you still have your deckboat too? The boat that I fondly remember was also a 1990 Eliminator 242 Edge that I owned and painstakingly had built. I really miss that boat and should never have sold it. I still see it at Havasu every year or so.

I consisder you a great resource in the Marine Industry, honest as the day is long and your shop has always done outstanding work for me. I wish you and your family a safe and memorable trip filled with memories that last a lifetime. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hello Bruce,
I've heard there is a great guy in the marine business with the same name as me. I'm in the golf cart business and have been for 20+ years. Sorry for any confusion.

707dog

Reaction score
the time has come...good luck to you /wife and support crew on your road trip and epic boating adventure please be safe take tons of videos and pics to share with us back home look forward to hanging when you get back:drink
ill send ya some pics from my lampoon's vaca too:party2:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
It was 71 degrees when we left our house in Benicia, 97 when we went thru Auburn, 74 in Truckee, and now 95 in the middle of nowhere east of Sparks.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Safe travels and have fun. Looking forward to the pics [emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]

Boatmaster

Reaction score
Have a great trip Rob! Can't wait to follow this thread.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Have a great trip Rob! Can't wait to follow this thread.

Drew, thank you very much for all your help getting us ready. Your entire staff at Boatmasters went above and beyond like usual. We made it to Elko, NV just now and shut down for the night. Gonna be up early and laying down some miles tomorrow.

707dog

Reaction score
i think ill try that blue tap trick myself for my trip:thumbsup

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I cant believe I missed this thread....just got caught up.

Have a safe trip and thanks for sharing it with us.:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Best of luck on the trip, this sounds awesome:thumbsup

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Did another 750 miles today, had dinner with some friends just south of Kansas City at an awesome BBQ named BB's. Just shut it down for the night about 70 miles east of KC. Got about 5 hours tomorrow to finish our journey in the truck. Boat, trailer, & truck need a serious bath once we get there. We plan to launch the boat tomorrow to make certain all is good. Crazy excited and nervous.
We've only been running daylight hours in the truck because theres a SCARY ## of dead deer along the highways and I'm not gonna chance it with all we've put into this trip.

707dog

Reaction score
I know your smart enough to but dont for get the open the hatch and let her air out before firing it that toilet bowl has been slashing around for a few miles...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Best of luck Buddy. I hope you and your lady have a great time.