WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cancun suggestions

trophybug19

Reaction score
It's my wife and I 10 year anniversary this Aug. We were not planning on going anywhere far due to us doing a addition but we just decided we need to get away. A buddy at work recommended Secrets resort in Cozumel. I like the idea of a all inclusive adults only place but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a place in Cancun. Cozumel didn't have really alot to do other than diving and we only snorkel. I want to just chill and drink she wants to at least go and do some exploring 1 or 2 days and it looks like Cancun may be closer to more stuff to do off site. Any recommendations are appreciated

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
We stayed at paradisus cancun last year. All inclusive. We had a great experience there. Food was great. Rooms were clean. Service was excellent.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
We are headed to Cancun in a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to update this thread when we get back.

Never been to Cancun, so we are looking forward to it.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Skip Cancun all together and go further south (lol) to Playa del Carmen and stay at Royal Hideaway Playacar. Thank me later.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
We went to Cozumel a number of years ago and the snorkeling was really good. I did hear that some of the reefs might have been damaged by a storm recently.

There are some ruins to visit near the center of the island. You will need to rent a car for the day to see them. From there you can continue around the island to the windward side and check that out. There are restaurants and at least one bar in town where you can het your drink on, if need be. Depending on schedules, the town can get busy with cruise ship passengers.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Skip Cancun all together and go further south (lol) to Playa del Carmen and stay at Royal Hideaway Playacar. Thank me later.

yup! go further south. about 30 min to an hour. waaaay better places in Playa del Carmen/Rivera Maya. way more things to do down there. cancun proper is crowded and lots of old places that are hit and miss. there are really nice spots in cancun proper though.

Xcaret park, Xel ha, tulum, chitzen itza, atv, cenote diving, zip lines, I could go on forever. better beaches!! Playa del Carmen is closer to all of the above.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another vote for Playa del Carmen. Check out The ROYAL. http://www.playaresorts.com/The-Royal-Playa-Del-Carmen We return to this resort every single time. Great food, top shelf booze, adults only, all inclusive, and walking distance to all of the super fun shops, bars and restaurants. You can walk to the ferry to take you to Cozumel for the day. I always find good deals on Travelocity.

JRS1939

Reaction score
What is a typical all inclusive price per night? $800?

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
What is a typical all inclusive price per night? $800?
$800 per night?! Don't forget this is Mexico were talking about. You can buy a small town for that kind of money lol. Look on Travelocity and you'll see the average 3 night package at a decent resort will run you about $6-800 per person WITH airfare.

JRS1939

Reaction score
$800 per night?! Don't forget this is Mexico were talking about. You can buy a small town for that kind of money lol. Look on Travelocity and you'll see the average 3 night package at a decent resort will run you about $6-800 per person WITH airfare.
LoL. I was just looking at the link DB posted for the Royal and every date I changed what about $841 a night.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
LoL. I was just looking at the link DB posted for the Royal and every date I changed what about $841 a night.
Yea never book directly with the resort. I'm going on a bachelor trip to Cabo in August and the resort we wanted to stay in wanted something stupid like $580 a night per room if we booked through them. We went on Travelocity and ended up getting the hotel and airfare from Thursday to Thursday for $1400 per person.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I'm going in June. granted that's "off/hurricane season" for that area statistically but through AAA we got 2200 for 5 nights. that was for 2 all inclusive and airfare and transport to the resort. we are trying the occidental grand xcaret based on a recommendation. online the place looks great. it's on the same property as the xcaret park which is like 50 acres of lagoons natural rivers jungle snorkeling dolphins atv stuff and a bunch of other stuff. it's not an adults only place but everything online looks great.

Mikemc1269

Reaction score
We stayed at El Dorado Royale just outside of Playa a few years ago, it was the best all inclusive food wise we have ever stayed at. It was around 5k for a 7 day trip staying in one of their swim up suites with 1st class airfare for me and the wife. This was during their prime season so off season should be cheaper and its adults only

http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels-and-resorts/el-dorado-royale.html

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I agree with the rest, when we stayed in cancun last year, we had to take a bus towards Playa Del Carmen to go to Xcaret and Xelha and other places to go snorkeling and zip diving etc...

If I had to go again, I would stay at Playa Del Carmen as well.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
My wife and I stayed at Now Sapphire in Puerto Morales a few years ago. Really nice hotel. We booked our trip on Bookit.com for $1900 with air fair. We are going to stay at Dreams Adventuras next year. If you have time go to Tulum. It's amazing! Also take the boat over to Isla Mujeres and rent a golf cart to cruise around on.

Reactions: BTR

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Puerto Morales is about 15 min away from Playa. It's quiet and secluded.

No Butt No Putt

Reaction score
Heres some pics from our trip.
DSCN0331.jpg DSCN0430.jpg DSCN0538.jpg DSCN0540.jpg

Joker

Reaction score
Do Not Stay at Sandos in Playa.