WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

schiada 20 ss for sale on craiglist

highwaybiz

Reaction score
I saw this 20 schiada on craiglist kingman az v drive twin turbo maybe some can post the link

boat527

Reaction score
not mine: from the ad:

1978 Shiada 20 SS,Twin Turbo 454,Turbo 400 trans,Casale V-Drive,1985 Ellis Trailer with new tires, complete boat everything there, needs restoration to be an awsome boat. 17,500/offer call 801-718-2300.

20.jpg

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I can't recall previous asking price, but I called on that boat and was told the guy had just bought it. Pretty sure it was substantially cheaper a few months ago.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I can't recall previous asking price, but I called on that boat and was told the guy had just bought it. Pretty sure it was substantially cheaper a few months ago.

This, back in October, I was considering too, I believe it had some issues, maybe fixed and that's why the higher price
image.jpg

aaronschiada

Reaction score
Apparently this is the very first 20ss...#1! Pretty cool looking boat. Needs resto though...

NeedlesRat

Reaction score
I am somewhat interested in this boat, especially if it can be picked up for $14-15K. How would this boat handle the river and sometimes Havasu chop in comparison to the 21? If it is all there and just needs minor restoration, couldn't this be a pretty nice river boat for someone? What are the things that can get expensive and what to look for?

Backlash

Reaction score
This is a nice boat that could be perfect for the right buyer. If it were mine, I would take it anywhere on the Colorado River system except for the big lakes on major holidays or during rough weather.

It's a boat, it will get more costly the deeper you dig. But, it is also a Schiada with some cool history to go with it. In some eyes, that alone is worth the price of admission.

Depending on what you are looking for, I would suggest you look at the boat in person and start doing some research to see if this will fit your bill. Talk to the owner and learn as much as you can. Take the boat out and test drive it. Have it inspected by a reputable shop and even consider paying for a marine surveyor to inspect it prior to purchase. Call Schiada and get the history of the hull from them. They will have the information you are looking for and most likely can provide more information to you.

Then go from there. If it works for you, great. If not, I'm sure it will find a new home.

It's a Schiada. ;)

Good luck!

Henry

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
I am somewhat interested in this boat, especially if it can be picked up for $14-15K. How would this boat handle the river and sometimes Havasu chop in comparison to the 21? If it is all there and just needs minor restoration, couldn't this be a pretty nice river boat for someone? What are the things that can get expensive and what to look for?
Raced in and against this boat for many years. Having a 20' and a place in Parker gotta say nowadays a 21' is the call if you are a weekender. If you like getting up early or a mid-week person, there's no substitute for a rippin 20'. As for Havasu, the 21 is a no brainer.