WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dam to Dam Run

cjbuilder1

Reaction score
Are any of you Campbell owners planning on making this event this year? I'm going partly in honor of Campbell Carl, partly because it's a fun trip, and partly as an excuse to get the old girl back in the water.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
The BLM says you can't run those Camp Bells on this river anymore . Their wakes disturb some kind of 'endangered fiberglass trees' along the shoreline .

cjbuilder1

Reaction score
I'm not going to be the fastest, might be the slowest but I first did this run in 1958 in a 13' Valco w/18hp Johnson. and it's time for the Campbell to run it. You just need to do your best "No Wind" on the front deck before you take off. August can be pretty hit or miss with the weather. Going to crew it up with my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter.

cjbuilder1

Reaction score
It's a great opportunity to meet some of the members here who share a similar passion.

Rickybobby

Reaction score
cj
I would be all over it if it were not for my princess getting married in August (i.e. all hands on deck for that event) but count us in for next year and glass raisin in honor of CC. I have made the trip in a 21 ft comp ski boat and would love to do it again in my cruiser. I will ask around if any of the Camp-bell guys are interested!!!
rb

cjbuilder1

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm working on the September Regatta as well.