WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Diesel fuel additive FYI

yz450mm

Reaction score
For those with newer diesel trucks, you do not need to use any additives on a regular basis. My 2015 Duramax was going into Regen way too often, and I was using the grey bottle of Diesel Kleen with every fill up.

I just read several threads on the diesel forums that pointed to additives as the problem. Once people stop using them, the regens returned to normal frequency. I think the added sulfur was messing with the sensors, which is definitely not a good thing.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Holy shit if those additives are adding sulfur...no bueno for sure.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Exactly. Pre 07 trucks designed to run on low Sulphur benefit. As the ultra low is too dry.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Exactly. Pre 07 trucks designed to run on low Sulphur benefit. As the ultra low is too dry.

OK, so what do you do with an 04 cummins...8.9 400hp...what would you add the help the longevity of the pump, and keep every thing fresh and clean

Runs2rch

Reaction score
OK, so what do you do with an 04 cummins...8.9 400hp...what would you add the help the longevity of the pump, and keep every thing fresh and clean

I run a cocktail of marine 2 stroke, and optilube. You can run up to one ounce per gallon with the 2 stroke. The optilube is an ounce per 30 gallons. Cetane boost, prevents algae growth, disperses moisture, and prevents freezing.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I run a cocktail of marine 2 stroke, and optilube. You can run up to one ounce per gallon with the 2 stroke. The optilube is an ounce per 30 gallons. Cetane boost, prevents algae growth, disperses moisture, and prevents freezing.

what about libing the pump... or is that what the 2 stroke is for??

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If you have access to biodiesel, it's the best thing you can run IMHO

Better lubricity, even at B5, than additives will give, plus keeps everything squeaky clean.
I swear my Cummins ran quieter and smoother running it...I had a B20 station near my house.

Just keep some fuel filters handy if you have high miles and have never run it, because some say its cleaning properties can dislodge gunk upstream of the filter.

I ran 2-stroke oil when not running Bio.
The small WalMart bottles were perfectly sized to dump into a tank, kept a few under my seat and I just refilled them from a gallon container size as needed.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
what about libing the pump... or is that what the 2 stroke is for??

Yes the 2 stroke will lube everything. The optilube also acts to counter act the dry fuel and lube. Without the additives I can tell a huge difference in how my truck runs. Way smoother, quiet, more power, and mileage is much better.

RCDave

Reaction score
I have a pre lsd motor. I've been running optilube XPD. She purrs like a cat with this stuff

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has used Archoil? I have been using DK didn't notice any difference. Oh it's a 03' F250 7.3