YoPengo's Sweaty Balls NC adventure

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Image1467161408.637935.jpg

Changing venues tomorrow.

Reaction score
That is your style!!

Piss and moan on everything and hate life and everyone in it.

Depressing to always see your very SAD negative posts.

You an 460 are a perfect DOWNER PAIR.:thumbsdown

Nice of you to hide behind an alias. Feel
Free to leave me out of what ever it is you think you are cooking up.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
That is your style!!

Piss and moan on everything and hate life and everyone in it.

Depressing to always see your very SAD negative posts.

You an 460 are a perfect DOWNER PAIR.:thumbsdown

Fositty did fuck up his gay shoes today but usually he isn't a downer

And he may or may not have pissed himself :D

poncho

Reaction score

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Are you in the Outer Banks region now?....I go there every year I can, it is simply incredible...if you go just after the summer rush the locals are cool as hell, glad to see you.

If you could find time for the first flight field and museum I highly recommend it.

I really like the Carolina's:thumbsup

We are more south. Oak Island... South of Wilmington. Really cool area.

poncho

Reaction score
We are more south. Oak Island... South of Wilmington. Really cool area.

Beautiful area, rent a surf cast rig and set up on the ocean mid day, fun as hell with vehicles side by side...party every night.:champagne:

Have fun, I really enjoy that area.

brgrcru

Reaction score
Love NC . Been a few times . More inland though. Winston Salem area. I would move there. Hanging rock, blue ridge mountains. Lakes and bugs. Great thunderstorms .

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Great thread...love seeing how everyone else lives...we aren't long for CA need to find a good place to go...looks like you're on to something.

As big as Lake Norman is are there good and bad parts?

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Love NC . Been a few times . More inland though. Winston Salem area. I would move there. Hanging rock, blue ridge mountains. Lakes and bugs. Great thunderstorms .

My daughter lives in Winston Salem

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Cape Fear. Nice place! :D

[video=youtube;6vO-XDUiRqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vO-XDUiRqU[/video]

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Are those soft shells in the last picture? Good eating! [emoji6]

coorslt4u2

Reaction score
Hey Yopengo !

We have never meet, but saw this thread and just wanted to say hello we live 10 min from lake norman. We moved out of shitty southern California 10 yrs ago ( born and raised there) and have never looked back. I have been boating on this lake for 9 years now and it is awesome. you will not be disappointed, yes there is some humidity for a few months, and the bugs yea they suck but not a big deal. The family and I went back to so cal last week for a week visit and i could not believe the shit hole that place still is. My daughter keep asking when are we leaving this hell hole. I agree so cal is still a dump.

Anyway we are on the lake most weekends and now some cool spots to hang-out and some beach areas to chill.

Hit me up if you need help with anything or want to chill on the lake. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Hey Yopengo !

We have never meet, but saw this thread and just wanted to say hello we live 10 min from lake norman. We moved out of shitty southern California 10 yrs ago ( born and raised there) and have never looked back. I have been boating on this lake for 9 years now and it is awesome. you will not be disappointed, yes there is some humidity for a few months, and the bugs yea they suck but not a big deal. The family and I went back to so cal last week for a week visit and i could not believe the shit hole that place still is. My daughter keep asking when are we leaving this hell hole. I agree so cal is still a dump.

Anyway we are on the lake most weekends and now some cool spots to hang-out and some beach areas to chill.

Hit me up if you need help with anything or want to chill on the lake. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

[emoji1303] Loving the area.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Looks like a great time, we rented a house in Carolina Beach on the beach and did the aquarium and ferry as well. We had a great time and kinda bummed we aren't headed back this year.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
NC has some of everything heading east from the mountains to the Atlantic coast......:thumbsup

My few years living in Atlanta, I covered the SE on business and love the whole region. So many nice lakes few outside of the area have heard about. Many where you have things all to yourself all day long.:thumbsup

SLT Kota

Reaction score
Welcome to the area! (sort of, I'm in Tennessee).

It is amazing how different things are but I'm sure you will love it. Yes it is humid for a bit but I've never once had to take 3 showers in a day, I've never paid a launch ramp fee, and yuengling is one of my go to beers.

Everyone thinks of the humidity here the same way I think of the 115+ "dry heat" out west haha

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
The detail and paint were really nice... Not my thing but he has some $ in it.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
yard dog duty with my brother.

Note to self ... Don't buy a house with an acre of grass.

IMG_4800.jpg

Dinner with the family.

IMG_4801.jpg

Best BBQ I've ever had. Concord NC.

IMG_4831.jpg

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Looks like you had an awesome trip.

I flew into Charlotte early Friday morning and drove to Greenville for 4th of July weekend. I had a buddy getting married. It's a great part of the country. We drove through a couple nice neighborhoods in awe of some of these epic homes... and then I looked at the prices :thumbsup I think I could definitely move there.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Flight delayed two hours... Going to miss the connection flight in ATL... Time to drink. Maybe We can crash at JBB's?[emoji12]

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Flight delayed two hours... Going to miss the connection flight in ATL... Time to drink. Maybe We can crash at JBB's?[emoji12]

Take the tram to the convention center, there is a couple nice hotels right there.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Happy to be home... Sort of. Missed my youngest and my dog. I could move to Mooresville (Lake Norman Area) tomorrow. I'm sad that I have to wait a year to make a change.

RDP could have a larger East Coast presence very soon.

My wife and I both really enjoyed the Lake Norman area. It is 30 miles north of Charlotte, one hour from where my daughter and grandson live and four hours from the coast (No hurricanes).

The home prices, taxes, gun laws and politics all are better than California.

Lake Norman is about 34 miles long and has over 500 miles of shoreline.

We found great shopping, great independent restaurants, farmers markets, local car shows and community events.

The only negative is the weather. We did not experience bad humidity until we went to the coast and there it sucked. I could not and do not want to live by the coast... so that is not an issue.

EVERYONE is polite and friendly. Southern hospitality really does exist.

Over the next year I need to decide if I want to sell the Hallett and what it is worth? A nice big outboard tri-toon would be a better fit for the family and this lake... especially if I keep in in a slip.

Do I keep the Havasu house or sell it? Maybe buy a condo in the Palm Springs area?

The biggest trump card for me is this guy. I want to be involved in his life... He and I are already best buds and his Dad is a douche bag.

IMG_4695.jpg

TCHB

Reaction score
Good luck with the decision on moving.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Happy to be home... Sort of. Missed my youngest and my dog. I could move to Mooresville (Lake Norman Area) tomorrow. I'm sad that I have to wait a year to make a change.

RDP could have a larger East Coast presence very soon.

My wife and I both really enjoyed the Lake Norman area. It is 30 miles north of Charlotte, one hour from where my daughter and grandson live and four hours from the coast (No hurricanes).

The home prices, taxes, gun laws and politics all are better than California.

Lake Norman is about 34 miles long and has over 500 miles of shoreline.

We found great shopping, great independent restaurants, farmers markets, local car shows and community events.

The only negative is the weather. We did not experience bad humidity until we went to the coast and there it sucked. I could not and do not want to live by the coast... so that is not an issue.

EVERYONE is polite and friendly. Southern hospitality really does exist.

Over the next year I need to decide if I want to sell the Hallett and what it is worth? A nice big outboard tri-toon would be a better fit for the family and this lake... especially if I keep in in a slip.

Do I keep the Havasu house or sell it? Maybe buy a condo in the Palm Springs area?

The biggest trump card for me is this guy. I want to be involved in his life... He and I are already best buds and his Dad is a douche bag.

View attachment 496279

Sounds like a great plan! Glad you're getting it figured out.....:thumbsup

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

View attachment 496279

Great thread:thumbsup

This is the part that would be the tipping point for my decision. Based on your posts and time there it sounds like you guys would truly enjoy the move and living there. Family comes first in my book and if you have no other ties to SoCal I think you would be crazy not to move. Keep the Havasu house for a rental, sell everything else.