WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

what do you do?

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1466913261375.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Not park there. Whoever striped the lot didn't do too good a job marking the place.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
I would park there because it doesn't say no parking or lines through the parking spot.

McRib

Reaction score
I would park there because it doesn't say no parking or lines through the parking spot.

red zones don't need signage. once a curb is red it's automatically law. my company paint apt complexs for free in hopes of getting tows from them. at no point can anything other than an EMS vehicle be parked against a red curb. doesn't matter if is private or public property.

being in the tow industry I'd NEVER park here.

McRib

Reaction score
my favorite people at our window are the red zone violators. they all have the same excuse.

I was only there for 5 min.

bullshit! my guys take 8 pictures and then hook up the car. that's 15 min alone.

they argue at the window then I walk up and politely ask them "are you an EMS worker in an EMS vehicle?"

the answer is obviously no then I tell them sorry, tow is legal. if you want you car pay me. have a nice day.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
red zones don't need signage. once a curb is red it's automatically law. my company paint apt complexs for free in hopes of getting tows from them. at no point can anything other than an EMS vehicle be parked against a red curb. doesn't matter if is private or public property.

being in the tow industry I'd NEVER park here.

I would disagree with you but you know better then me. I would think as long as they can park behind you and run a hose to the hydrant then they still have access. Also I a handicap spot has to have a sign on the ground and on a poll in front of it. I know private property like malls almost never enforce these laws.

McRib

Reaction score
I would disagree with you but you know better then me. I would think as long as they can park behind you and run a hose to the hydrant then they still have access. Also I a handicap spot has to have a sign on the ground and on a poll in front of it. I know private property like malls almost never enforce these laws.
this stall is definitely a grey area. we could say the same about parking in the first spot next to a handicap spot but law states handicap stalls are very specific. it's about the actual parking space and clearance. parking next to a hydrant in on itself has its own rules as well. hydrants on a city street to have red zones but law states a footage clearance to either side of it.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Yikes, I could see myself being really tired, not seeing the curb or the fire hydrant and being really pissed after i would come back out to a missing big ass truck

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Horrible place for a hydrant. Both stalls next to the hydrant should be red striped at a 45 degree angle, and the red curb should be labeled "no parking fire lane" on both sides.

Per code the fire hydrant is supposed to be 2' maximum from the edge of the front curb. Sometimes pipe bollards are required. And yes we do repair a lot of fire hydrants being hit by cars. But mostly big trucks that can't see them. The fire hydrants have a maximum distance between hydrants so sometimes its difficult to put them to meet code You can see the road box / control valve on the other side of the hydrant. Usually the road box would be in the asphalt and the hydrant in the island. No need to paint the curb red if installed the normal way.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Parking stall should have hash stripes, looks like a trap to me.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't park there & apparently I'm not the only one lol

But damn, that is very confusing for shoppers, no doubt, although we all know that parking in a red zone & blocking a hydrant are both illegal. I wonder why there are no 'no parking' markings in that parking stall? I guess that BMW owner thought it was ok....
When plans are submitted to plan check one of the things they look for is a parking ratio vs occupancy load. Sometimes it's very close on how many minimum spots they have to park including handicap stalls. I doubt they gave up these 2 spots plus any other conflicts like this on the plans. My quess is the installer didn't read the surveyors stakes right during installation and nobody fixed it when the parking was done at the end of the job.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
The hydrant lateral needs to be extended out to the the radius and both spots opened up. If left that way they need to put diagonal lines on both spots.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
When plans are submitted to plan check one of the things they look for is a parking ratio vs occupancy load. Sometimes it's very close on how many minimum spots they have to park including handicap stalls. I doubt they gave up these 2 spots plus any other conflicts like this on the plans. My quess is the installer didn't read the surveyors stakes right during installation and nobody fixed it when the parking was done at the end of the job.

Possibly. If I was the inspector it would be the plans or the survey that was wrong. :D

Seriously, I saw all three.:grumble:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Possibly. If I was the inspector it would be the plans or the survey that was wrong. :D

Seriously, I saw all three.:grumble:
Our UG guy retired a few years back. He was very good at reading the survey stakes. He would also measure from the hydrant to the key valve and write the distance on top of the hydrant. No matter how carefull you are the grader or the asphalt guy would cover up the road box and we would have to go dig it up. :grumble:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Our UG guy retired a few years back. He was very good at reading the survey stakes. He would also measure from the hydrant to the key valve and write the distance on top of the hydrant. No matter how carefull you are the grader or the asphalt guy would cover up the road box and we would have to go dig it up. :grumble:

Probably the number one problem. If they're just covered it's one thing, if they are graded out or destroyed quite another.:thumbsdown

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Buena park and norwalk on the same scene, hmmm