WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Life kicks you in the teeth, Cancer.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
So sorry to hear Walt. Prayers and good thoughts going her way.

UAV.Pilot

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this terrible news Walt, you guys can beat this thing!!! We had the same battle 13 years ago with my mom, we all rallied around her and she beat it! I took her to many of her appointments, chemo, and bone marrow transplant she is a survivor!

Hang in there!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We just finished a big meeting with doctors, Laurs tumor is the worst type of tumor so it will require chemo and a mastectomy we just don't know which will be first. We have a slew of appointments scheduled with oncology, genetics, plastic surgery, ct scan, radiologist, etc to get everyone's input to determine which will come first. We have a great surgeon in charge who spent two hours with us today, she went to Columbia medical school and grew up in Connecticut and Massachusetts like us, and yes she is a Patriots fan. Awesome lady, so happy to have her running the show.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Glad to hear a positive tone in your post. 👍

I'm sure she is in great hands and will kick ass!!

shueman

Reaction score
Walt ... dam it to hell bro ... prayers going out to you both ... you let me know if I/we/EBOG can be of assistance :thumbsup

I'm here for you ...

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Positive thoughts. Beat cancer and get her a nice of bolt ons. :thumbsup

Did she have regular checkups prior to finding this? What lessons are there for the rest of us?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Also, a word to my RDP family......my wife had a mammo in September 2015, no tumor, when she felt the lump recently, they did another, nothing visible so they did an ultrasound and then could see it.

Bottom line, the only way we would have known to go have this checked out was through self detection, the mammograms didn't show it.

Moral of the story, all of you need to go home tonight and feel up your wives and girlfriends, repeatedly if need be, tell them it's a medical necessity, and it must be done often.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news but definitely beatable. Wishing your wife and you strength!

shueman

Reaction score
Also, a word to my RDP family......my wife had a mammo in September 2015, no tumor, when she felt the lump recently, they did another, nothing visible so they did an ultrasound and then could see it.

Bottom line, the only way we would have known to go have this checked out was through self detection, the mammograms didn't show it.

Moral of the story, all of you need to go home tonight and feel up your wives and girlfriends, repeatedly if need be, tell them it's a medical necessity, and it must be done often.

I'm headed out around the 'hood right now :D as a Public Service of course

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I'm headed out around the 'hood right now :D as a Public Service of course

Cheers.......glass of Jameson after today
Image1467155894.388547.jpg

TBulger

Reaction score
So sorry Walt, will be thinking of you and the wife, prayers sent. Tom

Wavemaker

Reaction score
Sad news to receive regarding breast cancer however, hopefully it was discovered early on and can be dealt with quickly. My best friends wife just found out she also has breast cancer, discovered one week ago to the day. Fear, emotions and worries abound. Listen to the doctors, and do all you can early on. Prayers said for your wife and you to do you best to overcome this development.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Fuck Cancer.

Pulling for your wife and you. You'll beat it.

It came after me and Im minus a kidney.

UD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That's a tough pill to swallow and be your wife's rock.

My aunt had severe breastfeeding cancer as well (softball size tumor) that spread to lymph nodes and all. At that time (about 15 years ago) it was one of the worst cases her doctor had seen. She had Chemo, radiation, a mastectomy, and several lymph nodes removed. But, she's still here, it great spirits and is one of the smartest, most tenacious women I know because of it.

As others have said, be her rock and DO NOT feel ashamed or awkward about asking for help. There are sooo many great people on this forum that will be more than happy to help at the drop of a hat.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Sorry to read this Walt... Prayers and well wishes for your Mrs.

Wavemaker

Reaction score
Such a tough thing to here over the phone. Hopefully the doctor has a strong team and lots of experience to draw upon to make the correct decisions regarding the plan of care for your wife's battle with cancer. Prayers sent for her and for the ability to fight the cancer and too make the best decisions regarding her treatments and proceedures she is facing. One of my best friend's wife just found out last week that she has breast cancer. It's a tough path to take, and we hope and pray the doctors make the best course of action to treat your wife.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Sorry to read this, Fu$& Cancer!! Stay positive!

cofooter

Reaction score
Prayers to your wife and family. Wishing the best for you all!

X Hoser

Reaction score
Walt, your wife will be in our prayers. Positive attitude and prayers is a very strong position to take.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Walt, you guys are in our thoughts and prayers! The road ahead is not short, be sure to know that we are here for you!

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Been there when the doc pops up the x-ray and says.......that shouldn't be there. The wife had it in her bones in the right leg. Again two years later. Here is what I've learned. Go have a good cry and get it all out. There is not going to be a lot of time for yourself soon. Don't try to over think it. Do what you are told to do by the doctors not the internet. Get plenty of sleep and eat when ever you can. If the tank is empty when you need it most you will be no help to anyone when they need you. Let your wife tell you what she wants and don't hover. Work the problem, don't make up issues in your head. Most important for you is, you are not alone. If you need help reach out before it becomes overwhelming.

530RL

Reaction score
Sorry to hear.

My mother and all her sisters have had breast cancer and all are alive and doing well. Their mother, my grandmother, had it as well. It's a genetic thing.

Although it is tough to deal with any type of serious problem, the great news is that this disease has a very high long-term survival and cure rate.

If you wife needs someone to talk to, mom would be happy to do so. Just PM.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Sorry to see this news. Stay strong and focused on the positives.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Damn man that really sucks. Sorry to hear. Keep fighting and win!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

I don't even know what to say Walt. Praying for you and the Mrs.

I don't understand why ultrasound isn't recommended and used as much as Mammo. Each exam sees things differently than the other, and combined give you a good picture. It isn't covered by insurance, but all women should have a Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound. They only run about $150 and scan the entire breast area using a robotic arm, so every inch gets scanned.

Keep us updated.

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
Man I thought about you guys multiple times last night and this is just not fair to you guys! The best advise was given by Go-Fly above about taking care of yourself so your ready at all times to support your wife and be positive at all times! It sure appears everyone from your RDP family is sending positive thoughts and prayers your direction! This definitely can be beat!

HBCraig

Reaction score
Prayers to you brother. Keep your chin up and get through this.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Prayers and good thoughts sent...hang in there....

Sandlord

Reaction score
praying for a quick and complete recovery. Kick its ass Laurie and Walt

Joe mama

Reaction score
Never met you two, but have seen and enjoyed your post and can tell you really love that lady.. Stay positive and you WILL beat it!!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
You two WILL beat this. I've sat in that room TWICE with my lady and we are cancer free now for over 13 years.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Wishing you and your wife all the best. Fuck Cancer!

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
Get this shit out of the way so you guys can get back to you normal life style. Congratulations on the start and soon you guys will be looking back saying thank god it's over! As said above she will beat this!!!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thoughts with both of you , while you are kicking cancer ass. [emoji202]

Joker

Reaction score
Walt , I hate to see you guys in a situation like this. I will keep saying prayers.

Reaction score
Kick its ass. Give your wife
My best Walt.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Kick Ass and stay positive. F-cancer..

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Prayers and well wishes for your Mrs. :thumbup: