WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dirt bike refresh

Boat211

Reaction score
So like many I have ridden bikes since 8. Rode a lot when I was younger. A ton through my 20's. Tapered off a bit in my 30's and not much in my 40's. Though I get away from the sport, I always end up coming back. I have always ridden 125 2 strokes and then 250 4 strokes. Well it's been a while and decided I wanted a bike and a project. I decided on a 2006 or newer YZ 125. Suspension is supposed to be really good so the hunt began.

I looked for a while without much success and then finally found one about an hour away.

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

So as you can see it was quite a pile. However it seemed to run and shift well so I was ok with it.

Boat211

Reaction score
So I got it home and couldn't stand to look at it so work began.
image.jpg

I didn't take any pics along the way as I should have so we jump forward to this.
image.jpg

Boat211

Reaction score
The list of parts is long.
New top end
Handlebars
Levers & perch
Throttle tube
2015 plastics kit including air box
Wheels & spokes
Tires
Bearings
Brake pads
Lots of new factory style bolts
Axles
Radiator braces
Anodized goody's
Red hoses
Probably a few more things and it has turned into this.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Boat211

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

So along the way you order parts and wait for them to show up. They usually work but occasionally not. So when I ordered the fork guards, they sat for a bit til I needed them. When I tried them, they didn't fit. So I ordered another set from a different place. Same issue when they showed up. So I'm scratching my head wondering what's going on. Finally I realized that someone has changed the forks. This completely took the wind out of my sales. The forks were the main reason I chose this bike. Fortunately I was able to find a set of forks from a 2011 YZ250F near me. All is good now.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Bike looks food but you forgot your spoke skins!!!!

Enjoy, I need to get back on 2 wheels I keep telling myself this will be my come back year!

Boat211

Reaction score
Have you used those spoke skins? I was thinking I should have went with colored spoke nipples. Little late now.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Have you used those spoke skins? I was thinking I should have went with colored spoke nipples. Little late now.

Never used them! My buddies and I have a little inside joke and think they are kinda lame and glad to see someone is making money off of something so queer!

Don't put them on!!

Boat211

Reaction score
Never used them! My buddies and I have a little inside joke and think they are kinda lame and glad to see someone is making money off of something so queer!

Don't put them on!!

They kinda remind me of a circus clowns bike.