WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hallett 270 - Stereo Upgrade

Spot

Reaction score
In April we got a "new to us" 2002 Hallett 270. The boat is ultra clean and the motor was solid. Everything worked great but we wanted to upgrade the stereo. The stereo in the boat was the original installed by Mark's Audio when it came from Hallett. My goal in upgrading the stereo was to get modern technologies like bluetooth, iphone attachment, swim step controller, and of course, great sound. Another requirement for me was to maintain the classic Hallett look for the interior. The boat is stored in Havasu so I checked out a few of the local shops. All the shops were good and informative but I decided my best option was to take the boat to Al and Ed's in Ontario. I am very familiar with Al and Eds and I trust their work. I have personally used them in the past and have had great experiences. I have referred countless people who also shared my experiences with Al and Eds.

I ended up going with (6), 6 inch Diamond Speakers with LEDs to replace the existing speakers. I replaced the (2) 8 inch speakers under the back seat with (2) 8 inch Diamond Speakers with LEDs. I replaced the original single amp with 3 Alpine amps. I replaced the original head unit with the latest Rockford Fosgate head unit and added two remotes. The remotes were placed at the driver's console and on the swim step. Lastly, I added two subwoofers under the rear bench seat. This set-up accomplished all my goals and I maintained the traditional Hallett look. I am very happy with how it all came out. I attached some pics. When I was looking for ideas on how to do the stereo in my 270 I came up with minimal info. I wanted to post this so you all could see what worked for me.
Boat
IMG_6168.jpg
Head Unit Before and After
IMG_6152.jpg IMG_6267.jpg
Amp After
IMG_6262.jpg
Rear Seat Before and After - Note, I used the old speak covers as ventilation for the subwoofers. I may explore a different style for airflow later.
IMG_6199.jpg IMG_6266.jpg
Console Before and After
IMG_6203.jpg IMG_6263.jpg
Swim Step
IMG_6264.jpg
Passenger Compartment Before and After
IMG_6202.jpg IMG_6265.jpg
Bow Before and After (Sorry for the bad night pic)
IMG_6201.jpg IMG_6273.jpg
Enjoy...

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Semi making me rethink my head unit choice. Pretty much the final piece I need as I have pieced everything together already.

Turned out bitchin congrats

Spot

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Semi making me rethink my head unit choice. Pretty much the final piece I need as I have pieced everything together already.

Turned out bitchin congrats

Thanks. Alpine does not make Marine Audio or remotes anymore. That only left Kenwood and Fosgate. I went with Fosgate because it is super easy to use.

Reaper1

Reaction score
Looks Great!
I'm having Speed of Sound upgrade my head unit and remote to the exact you have next week. Sounds like I'll be happy. :p

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This looks awesome. I really like those RF remotes.

How do you have the amps set up? 1 amp per set of 4 speakers and 1 for the 2 subs?

Spot

Reaction score
This looks awesome. I really like those RF remotes.

How do you have the amps set up? 1 amp per set of 4 speakers and 1 for the 2 subs?

Sorry for the slow reply, I just saw this question... I don't know how they set it up... I just paid the money lol. Call Dallas and he can tell you. And the stereo is working great.