Howard for sale

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm really really hoping I can catch a ride in a 270 Python this weekend

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The problem is that a good ride is a relative term. Someone that has a 28 foot Magic deck is going to say all boats in the 22-24 foot range ride terribly.

I have not rode in the Howard 22 offshore, I'd like to sometime. Everyone says almost universally it is one of the best riding V hulls in our size range. Our Cobras are supposedly one of the better riding boats in this size range, and I believe it. I've been out in close to 3 foot Havasu chop and it is not horrible. It is not fun, but you are not getting beaten up. I'm still relearning the boat a bit after the prop change. My 21 foot Caliber 1 was pretty rough, but that was mostly because the trim was too slow to react. The first time I had my Cobra on Havasu My wife and I looked at each other and just started laughing as we went across the lake, it was that much better.

My buddy has a 23 Cheetah Scorpion tunnel that rides extremely well. Probably a bit better than mine in the rough stuff, but you are getting wet constantly in that boat. When it is hot it is nice.. In winter or early spring, not so much. That boat drives like a car though, and eats up moderate chop.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Prior to my 22 Offshore I had a Howard 22 Sport open bow. That boat had a semi-V bottom and rode like crap on anything but glass water. The Offshore is day and night. But if it's rough out there it's still a rough ride, but nothing like the semi-V. With the deep V hull sometimes it'll catch a roller and pull you with it. Kinda scary at first then you learn how to deal with it. All in all I really love this boat.

Murm33

Reaction score
Hey guys I am the owner of the '98 Howard in this thread. I had to take down the add in Craigslist because my phone wouldn't stop ringing. I guess I priced that boat perfectly. I absolutely love Howard Boats this was my third one. Any great site here first time I have heard of it was this week. Thanks for all the good words, you guys helped me get the word out and sell it.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Hey guys I am the owner of the '98 Howard in this thread. I had to take down the add in Craigslist because my phone wouldn't stop ringing. I guess I priced that boat perfectly. I absolutely love Howard Boats this was my third one. Any great site here first time I have heard of it was this week. Thanks for all the good words, you guys helped me get the word out and sell it.
Congrats on the pending sale!!

You priced it good, helps that they are in demand right now. Makes me tempted to sell your boats brother.

uploadfromtaptalk1469583547379.jpg

shunter2005

Reaction score

That is a great looking boat. Some were asking about some pics of it, as they did not get to see the ad. Could you throw up a couple of pics so we can see it again?