WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Curious about Blythe

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
It is a 3.5 hour drive versus a 5 hour drive for us. What are the draws/draw backs of Blythe? Shallow? Can I run my 22' Eagle there? Good water skiing and/or tow area for kids? Who's got the 411? Are there good mobile home parks on the water?

Joker

Reaction score
We had a place in McIntyre for close to 10 years. You can buy a RV trailer on the spot if available. If it's a piece of crap, pull it out and put your RV there. They have a good ramp and small Marina.
IMHO, I would not buy anything past the bridge as that section gets littered with tree stumps, etc.
We used to ski and wakeboard that stretch, no issues, just watch for sandbars. You'll see them with the discoloration of the water. While a jet is ideal, many people run wakeboard boats etc with no issues.
You won't find a better part of the river for a family. If you want to go further south, look at buying a place in Cibola where u can own the land and your mobile. We looked there but the kids have nothing to do but toss rocks at the stop sign. McIntyre is all grass and plenty of families.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Let me know when your ready. Your boat would be perfectly fine at McIntyre. I ran my 25 Daytona there for years. I can show you river, how to read it and where to go. I'd recommend just getting a hotel in Blythe. Every once in a while you can find someone renting a trailer, but it's hard to beat the comfort and AC of the hotel.

Joker

Reaction score
Let me know when your ready. Your boat would be perfectly fine at McIntyre. I ran my 25 Daytona there for years. I can show you river, how to read it and where to go. I'd recommend just getting a hotel in Blythe. Every once in a while you can find someone renting a trailer, but it's hard to beat the comfort and AC of the hotel.

We did the Hampton for years but it was nice towing your boat from the trailer to the ramp without getting on the road. Hanging out at night with people was also a big advantage of not having to leave.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
McIntyre is a nice and quiet campground. Grassy area if you want to tent camp which I did for years until started staying at Americas Best Value Inn in Blythe off of Lovekin and Hobson Way which is walking distance to Sizzler, Rebel BBQ and a Mexican Restaurant. We like staying here because of the easy boat parking and the walking distance to a few places to eat plus have been staying there since started going to that part of the river. Always was treated well by the owner and staff. They also allow pets.

The river near McIntyre is shallow and need to watch out for sandbars. I had only one issue with the sandbars with my Stoker and that was heading into the McIntyre Marina.

Head up river and find Goose Flats which is a pretty cool cove that most people hang out at.

We had a place in McIntyre for close to 10 years. You can buy a RV trailer on the spot if available. If it's a piece of crap, pull it out and put your RV there. They have a good ramp and small Marina.
IMHO, I would not buy anything past the bridge as that section gets littered with tree stumps, etc.
We used to ski and wakeboard that stretch, no issues, just watch for sandbars. You'll see them with the discoloration of the water. While a jet is ideal, many people run wakeboard boats etc with no issues.
You won't find a better part of the river for a family. If you want to go further south, look at buying a place in Cibola where u can own the land and your mobile. We looked there but the kids have nothing to do but toss rocks at the stop sign. McIntyre is all grass and plenty of families.

530RL

Reaction score
Rumor has it there may be a new development in planning just south of McIntyre on Intake and 26th. Off ramp from I10 straight south.

Row of lots on river and off river. Community launch ramp, pool and lagoon in center for common use.

Currently undergoing pricing study to see if it makes economic sense. Land is already owned and has been for generations.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
We did the Hampton for years but it was nice towing your boat from the trailer to the ramp without getting on the road. Hanging out at night with people was also a big advantage of not having to leave.

I have a few buddy's with trailers there. I usually leave the boat in the back 40 covered up after we get off the water and leave it while we head back to town for the night. Nobody messes with them. I dig the trailer idea, but with work I can't use it enough to justify the monthly. I had a trailer that I left in storage there and would call ahead to have it put on a spot for the weekend which worked out great, but they sell out pretty quickly these days.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Where does the extra 1.5 hours of driving take you?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Geez:yikes, and I thought I drove slow:D:D

I know right!! First thing I thought of.......if you make it to Blythe, what's another 45 minutes to Parker?

That is my thought every time I pull into Parker........"why go here when in 45 minutes I can be in Havasu."

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Geez:yikes, and I thought I drove slow:D:D

Pulling a boat all the way from Point Loma with a family that is probably constantly wanting to stop to pee.

On a side note, if you like Blythe, you can also store the boat in Ehrenberg cheap and drive much faster.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I know right!! First thing I thought of.......if you make it to Blythe, what's another 45 minutes to Parker?

That is my thought every time I pull into Parker........"why go here when in 45 minutes I can be in Havasu."

See I always say why go 45 minutes farther to havasu, when I could already have had 3 beers and unloaded the truck

Strabo

Reaction score
Ahh memories,

In the early '90s we boated alot with neighbors who would go there. Right turn onto frontage road that follows river just before crossing bridge on freeway. Drive a few miles pass farms and fields till this small bridge let us cross river, then take a left on dirt roads till we found a nice wash outlet onto river, camp there. Launch in dirt.

Quiet, peacefull, hot, gazillion bugs.....Fun :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Ahh memories,

In the early '90s we boated alot with neighbors who would go there. Right turn onto frontage road that follows river just before crossing bridge on freeway. Drive a few miles pass farms and fields till this small bridge let us cross river, then take a left on dirt roads till we found a nice wash outlet onto river, camp there. Launch in dirt.

Quiet, peacefull, hot, gazillion bugs.....Fun :)
Up until the 90s we dry camped, literally on the waters edge, at Senator Wash down near Squaw lake.......for free.

TCHB

Reaction score

We would rent a hotel and put our jet ski in at McIntyre. I thought it was very nice and it was not crowded at all. It is a good place for the family.

Strabo

Reaction score
Up until the 90s we dry camped, literally on the waters edge, at Senator Wash down near Squaw lake.......for free.

We would launch in early am, pack up everyone and off we go to McIntyer to let the kids play and drink Margs. On the way was this huge sandbar, we would beach on it, goof around. Thing was gigantic, 8" deep water on it.

I never seen so many bugs at night tho, i could not teach our kids to close the motorhome screen door. :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We would launch in early am, pack up everyone and off we go to McIntyer to let the kids play and drink Margs. On the way was this huge sandbar, we would beach on it, goof around. Thing was gigantic, 8" deep water on it.

I never seen so many bugs at night tho, i could not teach our kids to close the motorhome screen door. :)
Bugs at night were an issue once in a while for us but usually not. Just the typical hum from the bushes the moment the sun set over the horizon.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Lol.
You must be too nice to them[emoji1] [emoji23]

When the wife has to go...she's got to go. On average, we hit 3 pit stops along the way even though I beg and plead with all 4 of them to hit the head while stopped. Hasn't worked in my favor these many years of desert hopping.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
When the wife has to go...she's got to go. On average, we hit 3 pit stops along the way even though I beg and plead with all 4 of them to hit the head while stopped. Hasn't worked in my favor these many years of desert hopping.
I do 2 or 3 stops nowadays.
Between wife and dog there's always someone in need.
Fortunately she's fine with a roadside bush or obstruction [emoji106] [emoji106]

Strabo

Reaction score
I do 2 or 3 stops nowadays.
Between wife and dog there's always someone in need.
Fortunately she's fine with a roadside bush or obstruction [emoji106] [emoji106]

Wow my wife wont do that.....:yikes

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Mine figured out it's less nasty than most public restrooms.
Used to stop at certain restrooms along the route that were outright nasty.
Girls that won't sit try to hover, they ain't nearly as good a shot as men.lol Compound that by thousands and you can imagine what it looks and smells like.
Mens roadside public restrooms are always 100 times tidier than womens.....[emoji106] [emoji1]

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

That's funny lol. My wife doesn't have to go until she has to go, then its stop the car,RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Buy her a GO Girl

go-girl.png

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
watch out for the 4' water level.... sure was low this weekend.... reminded me of October water levels....

brgrcru

Reaction score
sounds like some of you need to buy a Motorhome . ;) I only stop for gas.:thumbsup

brgrcru

Reaction score
Blythe a great place to boat and ski. just have to know shallow parts.

Joker

Reaction score
I forgot to mention why we left there.
1. As many mentioned, the mosquitos are atrocious.
2. The water is warm as in not refreshing.
3. Farmers dump their canal water loaded with pesticides into chemical cove. I'm not sure if this has changed in the last 10 years.

riverrat4lfe

Reaction score
We have a place at Aha Quin been there since 87 love the place there are times when it's crowed but last weekend there was maybe 15-20 boats at the sandbar all weekend a lot more family friendly there's no camping or RV camping most of the mobile homes have garages but the park has onsite enclosed storage

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yes but does Janet have one or is that one for your use only?
Ouch[emoji37] [emoji14] [emoji23] lol
She has it tucked away with a 1 liter bottle somewhere. I don't go looking for it[emoji6] [emoji4]

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
It is a 3.5 hour drive versus a 5 hour drive for us. What are the draws/draw backs of Blythe? Shallow? Can I run my 22' Eagle there? Good water skiing and/or tow area for kids? Who's got the 411? Are there good mobile home parks on the water?
Blyth covers a lot of river. Your 22 eagle is an od not a jet right? I'm 30 miles north of the 10 freeway and would be very careful running your boat on that section. Its doable, just gotta learn the river first.

I'll catch shit for posting this, but check out Lost Lake Resort.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Here's your SHIT , catch it
What part of Lost Lake is closed don't you get?:p

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
In our early years, '78-'83, the wife and I called Water Wheel home on the weekends and then when it started to be a hassle with the Indians we moved the whole shootin match down to McIntyre and were there till we moved to Oregon in '92. We made some great friends there and had some of the best times of our marriage. The water was easy to learn and at that time the park employees were great. Mike the operator was not the greatest but the rest were cool. Anybody remember "Big Bob". He didn't need much help from the popo with the unruly.

Joker

Reaction score
In our early years, '78-'83, the wife and I called Water Wheel home on the weekends and then when it started to be a hassle with the Indians we moved the whole shootin match down to McIntyre and were there till we moved to Oregon in '92. We made some great friends there and had some of the best times of our marriage. The water was easy to learn and at that time the park employees were great. Mike the operator was not the greatest but the rest were cool. Anybody remember "Big Bob". He didn't need much help from the popo with the unruly.

Yup, Mike had a house in Prescott at the time. We tried buying the place when Mike had it for sale but Destiny moved quick. You won't believe that Bob is still there.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Yup, Mike had a house in Prescott at the time. We tried buying the place when Mike had it for sale but Destiny moved quick. You won't believe that Bob is still there.

NO SHIT!!!! Does he still fill up a golf cart? I'll swear, he must have ate 40 burritos on Saturday nights with our crew alone. :eek